no air from vents = blocked pollen filter

lambert04

Reaction score
lack of air coming out of vents = blocked pollen filter.
just done mine too (thanks for the tips)

thought i would break it down step by step.

first remove the centre console that connects the dash to the floor (box shape) by unscrewing the two 10mm plastic bolts either side of the console. now look up inside the dash, you will see two metal rods, and a big black box. at the back of this box (nearest the engine) is the pollen filter cover.its only a thin strip of plastic. mine was about 12inch long and had this type of pattern on it [X[X[X[X[X[. the pollen filter is under this cover. it slides towards the passenger door (right hand drive van) about two to three inch. it should pull/drop then off. i had to hit it to make it slide with the hook end of a small crow bar between the two metal rods. i then put a long flat screw driver into the corner of the plastic base of the filter and prised it out a bit. then i pulled out the filter. (it broke as it came out). its quite fiddly to get it out though. takes a bit of time. make sure when your pulling it out to move the thin grey wire that runs near it.....
hope this is helps..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Any chance that you could re do it and include the car details,then it can be uesd for reference.

malcolm

C220GJS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W202 C220 Elegance
Being psychic I can tell that this is a Vito 108 CDI, sorry can't make out the year.:rolleyes:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Being psychic I can tell that this is a Vito 108 CDI, sorry can't make out the year.:rolleyes:
I will have a stab at an 2002 Vito 108 CDI ;) :p

OP
L

lambert04

Reaction score
lack of air coming out of vents = blocked pollen filter.
just done mine too (thanks for the tips)

thought i would break it down step by step.

first remove the centre console that connects the dash to the floor (box shape) by unscrewing the two 10mm plastic bolts either side of the console. now look up inside the dash, you will see two metal rods, and a big black box. at the back of this box (nearest the engine) is the pollen filter cover.its only a thin strip of plastic. mine was about 12inch long and had this type of pattern on it [X[X[X[X[X[. the pollen filter is under this cover. it slides towards the passenger door (right hand drive van) about two to three inch. it should pull/drop then off. i had to hit it to make it slide with the hook end of a small crow bar between the two metal rods. i then put a long flat screw driver into the corner of the plastic base of the filter and prised it out a bit. then i pulled out the filter. (it broke as it came out). its quite fiddly to get it out though. takes a bit of time. make sure when your pulling it out to move the thin grey wire that runs near it.....
hope this is helps..

sorry, its a vito 02 plate. 110cdi hope this helps you all out.

simon 4166

Reaction score
Great piece of advice, my heater was rubbish and the whole dash used to vibrate when the fan was on flat out, i ripped out the filter and it is great now!
If anyone is going to do this, i used and allen key to hook the filter out and it worked a treat!
Si

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom