C250 Re-Map Issue - Help needed

richcrane01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 AMG
Hi,
Hoping for assistance. I recently undertook a re-map on my 2013 C250 AMG Auto Box which has the Delphi 3.10 ECU. Results were ok until I pushed the car hard and then it went into limp mode. Codes advised the torque converter had exceeded permissible limits and a load of other codes relating to communication from the ECU.
After the initial code clear the car returned to a drivable state but as soon as I pushed hard again the car returned back into limp mode this time not allowing the codes to be cleared and leaving me with a dead car. Car has been back to Mercedes who advised a total software failure of the ECU requiring a software overhaul and a tasty bill.
I'm now left with a standard car and a huge bill but still wishing to get more performance. Can anyone advise what could be wrong and where to go from here?
Thank you.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Your first port of call should be the place that did the map. It's obviously a poor remap and they should be footing the bill for your software overhaul and refunding you in full for the useless map.

Get it sorted, then ring reputable companies that remap diesels and choose carefully. Go by recommendation, not hearsay. Many of the indies that sponsor the forum can safely remap your car.

Out of interest, where was it mapped?

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
What sort of gains did they promise you ?
They must have pushed it to far and the ECU isn't happy.
Would be interested to know who did this, to help other members.
If it was a reputable company ? I'm sure they will refund your costs and time for inconvenience .
Good luck, keep us updated.

OP
R

richcrane01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 AMG
Re-map was undertaken by one of the recommended tuners who are on this forum. I'm inclined not to confirm who they are just yet as I am still waiting for my refund. So far I have waited three weeks, they say an issue is with their bank? Communication has been extremely slow and looking through the forum in more detail this is normal.
Can anyone read the bin file to confirm if the file is good?
Thank you.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
If I were you I'd speak to them on the phone and give them some dates at which to have your monies returned by and let them know that the next step is legal action but you would prefer to not go that far,

Where are you based as one of the other tuners will be able to pull the bin file easily for you

OP
R

richcrane01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 AMG
Thanks. I live in Herefordshire. I have the bin file already so doesn't need extracting from the car just reading and advise if any good.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Thanks. I live in Herefordshire. I have the bin file already so doesn't need extracting from the car just reading and advise if any good.

Just to confirm, if this the new bin file from merc or the old one from the tuners?

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
+1 have they advised why the failure has occurred? who is footing the damage caused? worrying for others if its a known forum tuner...

If I were you I'd speak to them on the phone and give them some dates at which to have your monies returned by and let them know that the next step is legal action but you would prefer to not go that far,

Where are you based as one of the other tuners will be able to pull the bin file easily for you

Last edited:
OP
R

richcrane01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 AMG
The Bin file is the one the tuners used to re-map the car!
Mercedes advised the car had to be completely stripped of all the software and re-installed to the latest Mercedes specifications. Codes advised torque converter out of permissible limits and total can bus communication failure.
I am hopeful that I will receive my money back and some compensation but as yet nothing forthcoming. It would be great to understand the map (bin file) but beyond my understanding.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Well look. If they're on this forum then make them an offer, money back in 1 working day or you name and shame on here. If they're reputable then they'll comply as they've already agreed to do so.

Lit.91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Don't understand why the company name is not disclosed, if they have nothing to hide and have done all they could to rectify the issue, there should be no problem or reputation threat.

The forum is a community where we are to give advice to one another. I would expect complete transparency from all forum supporters, otherwise there is no reason to trust them. So a heads up on the company and their view on the topic would be greatly beneficial to the community.

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
Yep, always two sides to every story so be interesting to hear tuner statement on events...I am more concerned about other forum members experiencing the same problems and what the cause was?, be good to hear what vendor counter measures have been put in place to prevent reoccurrence (if applicable)?

Don't understand why the company name is not disclosed, if they have nothing to hide and have done all they could to rectify the issue, there should be no problem or reputation threat.

The forum is a community where we are to give advice to one another. I would expect complete transparency from all forum supporters, otherwise there is no reason to trust them. So a heads up on the company and their view on the topic would be greatly beneficial to the community.

Last edited:

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Any updates on this ?? I'm getting mine mapped on Thursday 18/8/16.
So I could do with knowing who the tuner was.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I had my 2013 E250 mapped (also tried tuning boxes) and none of them worked.

I had the car put back to standard by the tuner and also had it into Mercedes to check it over as mine kept throwing a low rail pressure fault. It was also under part load rather than pushing hard.

I can't comment on Mercedes charges but I've had an ECU completely recoded back to factory software by a dealer and the bill was under £400. Still a sizeable sum but not as much as I've heard others pay.

The 250 engine we have is pretty much unable to be tuned without other work being carried out. Not sure what it is as it seems to differ from car to car. The later Bluetec engines seem to be a bit more receptive. But I've yet to hear from anyone who has a 2012-2013 250 engine and had a remap or tuning box work fine for any great length of time.

joncoyle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E250 CDI Coupe
I had my 2013 E250 mapped (also tried tuning boxes) and none of them worked.

I had the car put back to standard by the tuner and also had it into Mercedes to check it over as mine kept throwing a low rail pressure fault. It was also under part load rather than pushing hard.

I can't comment on Mercedes charges but I've had an ECU completely recoded back to factory software by a dealer and the bill was under £400. Still a sizeable sum but not as much as I've heard others pay.

The 250 engine we have is pretty much unable to be tuned without other work being carried out. Not sure what it is as it seems to differ from car to car. The later Bluetec engines seem to be a bit more receptive. But I've yet to hear from anyone who has a 2012-2013 250 engine and had a remap or tuning box work fine for any great length of time.

Was just about to book my 63plate E250 Coupe in to MSL for a remap, but thinking twice after reading that!

PROJUMPER

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
According to all the tuners sale pitch, they are insured for MILLIONS, ha, unless you make a claim!!!!

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Was just about to book my 63plate E250 Coupe in to MSL for a remap, but thinking twice after reading that!

I tried 3 different tuning boxes and 1 remap. The tuning boxes caused limp within 20mins and always gave the same fault (system/rail pressure too low)

The remap also caused the same issue/fault but it took a few days for it to happen.

I had the car put back to standard and had it in to Mercedes where it spent a week undergoing diagnostic testing (at my own expense as I wanted to know if there was an underlying issue). The car was well within factory tolerances for all tests (rail pressure, fuel flow, air flow, turbo pressure etc etc).

The map I had I specifically asked to be about 60% of what the engine was capable of according to the tuner. When it worked it worked well and it was OEM in delivery and wasn't at all savage or a great increase.

The tuning boxes all caused the same issue regardless of setting.

You may be lucky and I may just have a car that won't tune. I have known it happen like that.

But if you google Mercedes OM651 tuning or Mercedes 250 CDI tuning. Apart from the tuners claims and initial posts etc. You'll struggle to find someone who has a mapped/tuned car with no issues.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Give Celtic a try, they have done 3 cars for me now and they can be trusted.
5f0550a5850fff49e5cb0913f2cab909.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom