W221 back end dropped right down onto tyres

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
Been trying to find the rear level sensor rod thing.....can't even see but then again im only able to get the mercedes jack under it and its nit doing so well at getting the car up which sude is it on anyone know?

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
Just thinking oit loud could i disconnecte the air pipe from the compressor and then put the end of the pipe into the air hose from my compressor in the garage and very slowly put air in from there and see if the car rises and then see if that sheds any light on anything?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Just thinking oit loud could i disconnecte the air pipe from the compressor and then put the end of the pipe into the air hose from my compressor in the garage and very slowly put air in from there and see if the car rises and then see if that sheds any light on anything?

Does your compressor put out the same pressure as the car's Airmatic compressor? If not, it won't work.

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
Does your compressor put out the same pressure as the car's Airmatic compressor? If not, it won't work.

Its a garage compressor for tools and the like....Jst thought that if i take it nice and slow it mite pump the bags up? Like i said just thinking out loud and trying to get the back end up so i can check sensor and the like.....plus try and get some axel stands under it.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Its a garage compressor for tools and the like....Jst thought that if i take it nice and slow it mite pump the bags up? Like i said just thinking out loud and trying to get the back end up so i can check sensor and the like.....plus try and get some axel stands under it.

It all depends what the pressure output of your compressor is vs the output of the one in the car (e.g. what system pressure is required to raise the car).

OK quick check on the W220, it operates at between 189-232psi. So what will your garage compressor put out? If it's in that range and you can join an airline to the central reservoir, then your idea should work.

From what I've just read though, changing the compressor is not difficult.

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
It all depends what the pressure output of your compressor is vs the output of the one in the car (e.g. what system pressure is required to raise the car).

OK quick check on the W220, it operates at between 189-232psi. So what will your garage compressor put out? If it's in that range and you can join an airline to the central reservoir, then your idea should work.

From what I've just read though, changing the compressor is not difficult.

Yeah it looks like three bolts and a few electrical plugs plus the air pipes.....are the pumps for w220 same as the w221 then? Just wanted to check it all to see if i could find the fault before i start just replacing parts. Going to get the pump off and get some voltage to it see if it runs or not.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yeah it looks like three bolts and a few electrical plugs plus the air pipes.....are the pumps for w220 same as the w221 then? Just wanted to check it all to see if i could find the fault before i start just replacing parts. Going to get the pump off and get some voltage to it see if it runs or not.

Ah, I know nothing about Airmatic at all other than some quick Googling, sorry. You'll need to ask one of the Indies.

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
Ah, I know nothing about Airmatic at all other than some quick Googling, sorry. You'll need to ask one of the Indies.

No need for sorry craig thanks for the help mate some times just another persons take on things gives ideas. From the sound of it mate you obviously know more about mercedes than i do so thats a better start straight away lol.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No need for sorry craig thanks for the help mate some times just another persons take on things gives ideas. From the sound of it mate you obviously know more about mercedes than i do so thats a better start straight away lol.

Ha ha hahahaha hahahaaah like I know anything, I'm just on Google and reading quickly!

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
Lol well thanks for the quick reading lol

OP
G

G style

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S Class 2006 320CDI
Well it turned out its the rear level sensor has snaped off the bracket. Thanks to all for your help just got to get one and fit it..
Cheers again for all you input another learning curve.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Well it turned out its the rear level sensor has snaped off the bracket. Thanks to all for your help just got to get one and fit it..

That sounds cheaper & easier to fit than a compressor

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Good stuff, glad to hear it chap!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Not bad guess, your have fun fitting it, they really are a cock to fit!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Good stuff, glad to hear it chap!

Sorry that I was not in better spirits before on this subject.

Now we all know that Colin is one of the best going, while waiting during an oil change Colin walked around my car and found that all 4 links were on the point of seizing up, had these not been done last year, then I would have had the same problem.

Thank you Colin. :D:D

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom