Result new car better now than showroom condition.

BarryB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 200 Sport Premium 2017
If you remember I took delivery on 3rd March of my C-Class 200 Sport Premium with paint defects, MB offered a respray but I took it to Petrolhead detailing in Peterborough and they said that they can make it good.
The dealer has paid for a new car preparation which has given me a ceramic coating with a 7 year guarantee.
My pride and joy is now better than new.
Happy all round now and while it was in the detailers for 3 days they lent me a C220d. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20170320_072444.jpg
    IMG_20170320_072444.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 112

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Excellent, dealer prepared to stick with the customer and make reparations, great stuff...
And dare I say you've ended up better off- detailing with ceramic is always waaaay better than the PD preparation, you've be amazed the amount of brand new cars my detailer does every year!
Looks brilliant and will stay that way much longer

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
Looks good :)

I had my car Crystal Lacquered (Glass Coat) + a hydrophobic coating applied. The latter sees water just disappear, not bead, when the car is rained on. It's quite weird looking out, it's raining, yet the car looks dry as no rain sticks :)

That hydrophobic coat doesn't last more than a year, however, the Crystal Lacquer is good for 7 years. Even now, three years after it was applied, my car beads nicely when cleaned. Cleaning is also much easier, as dirt finds it harder to stick to the glass coat layer.

You can buy the various products direct from GTechnic's own store, so it's possible to top-up the hydro coating yourself....I might do that this year.

Scoob.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Gyeon view for the glass is also worth checking out, that stuff is awesome, again hydrophobic - I had that on my SL (and will be going on the 212 this week), rarely had to use the wipers at all, even after a year of the application...

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Gyeon view for the glass is also worth checking out, that stuff is awesome, again hydrophobic - I had that on my SL (and will be going on the 212 this week), rarely had to use the wipers at all, even after a year of the application...

I had a couple of other GTechnic products, one for side and rear glass, and the other for the windscreen. The latter required I go just water in my washer bottle, not that you ever need to squirt the screen, but it worked well. However, the product degraded fairly quickly, causing the screen to go all greasy. I ended up having the last lot removed, after it broke down after ten months. Ideally, regular application every six months or there about would be needed.

I might check out Gyeon, sounds like it's a better product - do you apply it yourself, or have your detailer do it?

Scoob.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I had a couple of other GTechnic products, one for side and rear glass, and the other for the windscreen. The latter required I go just water in my washer bottle, not that you ever need to squirt the screen, but it worked well. However, the product degraded fairly quickly, causing the screen to go all greasy. I ended up having the last lot removed, after it broke down after ten months. Ideally, regular application every six months or there about would be needed.

I might check out Gyeon, sounds like it's a better product - do you apply it yourself, or have your detailer do it?

Scoob.

Had my detailer do it Scoob, not sure how easy it is to do- he's very thorough and OCD as all detailers should be of course !
Found this...
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=363507

Last edited:

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks for the link. Now I'm a bit less broken than I once was, I'd actually quite like to have a go at applying these products myself.

Scoob.

Nice one - if I didnt have 3 kids under 7 I'd be having a go myself too!

Top Bottom