E350 CDI Mods? new here

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Costco for nappies btw. I've done a lot of value for money benchmarking!!!

Sainsburys own for mine, Costco is a 50 mile round trip, all they do is s**t in them :p

Last edited:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sainsburys own for mine, Costco is a 50 mile round trip, all they do is s**t in them :p

Aldis were good when ours were still using them....now they just leave streaks up the toilet bowls!

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Great- good to know! Oh and resist 20" wheels, you'd ruin the ride! I have an A6 Avant on 20s and it crashes over all road surfaces horribly. Got its winters on at the moment which helps but the summers will have to go back on soon!

Yes totally agree about the 20in wheels, probably ok on most German roads but horrible over here on our roads unless you have air suspension which would help

v8disco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 CLS 350 cdi Blue efficiency
Interesting to know how you get on with GAD. I talked to them about mapping my CLS350CDI and it all sounded great but I was quoted 650 which I thought was a bit steep as MSL quoted 400 for what seemed to be the same thing .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Interesting to know how you get on with GAD. I talked to them about mapping my CLS350CDI and it all sounded great but I was quoted 650 which I thought was a bit steep

Sounds steep to me

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
hi Kris
can you post the link to where you got the new front grille from please ?
did they also paint it the right colour based on the colour code of your car ?
cheers
niall

OP
K

Kabg40

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 cdi sport 2011
Interesting to know how you get on with GAD. I talked to them about mapping my CLS350CDI and it all sounded great but I was quoted 650 which I thought was a bit steep as MSL quoted 400 for what seemed to be the same thing .

Yes that's interesting actually as I had originally emailed them and was quoted over £600. I was then on their website one evening and there was a chat function. I was then quoted £475 inc vat for ecu and gearbox as there's a 20% discount if done together. This is what I plan to book in after payday. Hope Thai helps
Kris

OP
K

Kabg40

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 cdi sport 2011
hi Kris
can you post the link to where you got the new front grille from please ?
did they also paint it the right colour based on the colour code of your car ?
cheers
niall

Hi Niall
Here is the link I bought from. Now this item was advertised as obsidian black however it looks from the ad like they have a site. Bentleygrills.com but I've not looked at that.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292058846968

Hope this helps
Kris

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
thanks Kris
was it hard to attach ?
oh and the flat star did you order that, from where ?
cheers
niall

Last edited:
OP
K

Kabg40

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 cdi sport 2011
thanks Kris
was it hard to attach ?
oh and the flat star did you order that, from where ?
cheers
niall

Not really, took me about 20 mins but tbh you can do it in 5 mins. I've seen the YouTube videos to prove it :p I was just being cautious I didn't break anything....
Regarding the flat star I spent ages trying to find one in the uk and a Mercedes spares dealer told me that they do not do a 44mm one which is spring loaded like the 57mm badge In the end I ordered the below off eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262811191657

It's not arrived yet and could be anytime in the next month so I've no idea what the quality is like and whether the fit is proper.
Cheers
Kris

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hey Kris
Boot lip spoiler arrived today - well actually neighbour took it in for me.
Looks good and the paint match looks fine (although it was a bit dark when I was checking so need to look again in the morning)- put it on loose to check the fit and it looks great!
My E63 is going in for detailing tomorrow or Wednesday so just deciding whether to fit it before or after...
Anyway thanks again for the heads up, I am sure it was the right decision and it will just give the rear the same slightly subtle aggressive stance as the front :D

v8disco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes that's interesting actually as I had originally emailed them and was quoted over £600. I was then on their website one evening and there was a chat function. I was then quoted £475 inc vat for ecu and gearbox as there's a 20% discount if done together. This is what I plan to book in after payday. Hope Thai helps

Kris

At 475 all in for ecu and gearbox I would go for that. Would you mind letting me know who you were in touch with at GAD and I will get it booked . Cheers. Martin

OP
K

Kabg40

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 cdi sport 2011
Hey Kris
Looks good and the paint match looks fine (although it was a bit dark when I was checking so need to look again in the morning)- put it on loose to check the fit and it looks great!
My E63 is going in for detailing tomorrow or Wednesday so just deciding whether to fit it before or after...
Anyway thanks again for the heads up, I am sure it was the right decision and it will just give the rear the same slightly subtle aggressive stance as the front :D

Ah great, glad you seem pleased with it and hopefully the colour is all good :)
The only thing I've noticed is my boot opens slightly slower now... it was clearly a perfectly balanced boot design that I've tampered with by sticking on some plastic ha ha
I def do like the look of it now though. It's grown on me!!!

OP
K

Kabg40

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 cdi sport 2011
At 475 all in for ecu and gearbox I would go for that. Would you mind letting me know who you were in touch with at GAD and I will get it booked . Cheers. Martin

Darn looks like I made a mistake I'm afraid. I've got confused with a chat I was having with someone at a place called JRT tuning. That was where the £470 odd came from
Sorry Martin, me being a div. minus forum points for me :p

OP
K

Kabg40

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 cdi sport 2011
JR Tuning rather

v8disco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JR Tuning rather

That's really not a problem. I did get quoted 400 from MSL for a generic map, or 500 for a live mapping session, but that's ecu only. I wonder how much difference there is having the box mapped ?

OP
K

Kabg40

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 cdi sport 2011
That's really not a problem. I did get quoted 400 from MSL for a generic map, or 500 for a live mapping session, but that's ecu only. I wonder how much difference there is having the box mapped ?

I had a custom map on my previous Leon cupra on a rolling road and it was definitely worth it. I think I'd prefer a specific re-map again
As for the gearbox, I've no idea... never had an auto before so I'd be interested to know myself? I'll have to defer to the experts out there?
By the way just googled jr tuning and seem to be getting mixed reviews, so I don't know if anyone has had any experience with them either?

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 '63 E350 coupe amg sport
I would agree with the GAD remap recommendation - just had my E350 remapped and the result is like someone has cut the weight of the car or given it an adrenaline injection!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hey Kris

You will have to de-badge now to balance the weight out with all that extra downforce ;-)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
You will have to de-badge now to balance the weight out with all that extra downforce ;-)

Too right, the difference between a good car and a great one...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom