Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Actually after about 1816 after the battle of New Orleans, I think they may have had an inkling that the Americans weren't gonna capitulate just as easily as their other conquests.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Actually after about 1816 after the battle of New Orleans, I think they may have had an inkling that the Americans weren't gonna capitulate just as easily as their other conquests.

It was after the American Civil War. The scale of industrial resource within the country was not apparent until that point. In terms of proving themselves in active ops, the US Navy did quite well in the War of 1812 too.

I'm not sure which other conquests you think we had that capitulated easily...? They all come with a butchers bill.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Apparently there's going to be an anti-brexit march this Saturday in London.

Not sure what that's going to accomplish.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus

About the same as the anti austerity marches and the anti Trump marches. Funny though, not seen many Muslim organised anti terrorism marches on the streets of London? Just sayin'.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230

It will stop it from happening, obviously. Wonder if Gina Miller will be there?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
Haha, true, but it really is getting farcical though. Laura Kuenssberg is like some parody of......well of a BBC reporter, she is more Viz character ripping the **** out of the Biased Beeb than a real reporter.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Haha, true, but it really is getting farcical though. Laura Kuenssberg is like some parody of......well of a BBC reporter, she is more Viz character ripping the **** out of the Biased Beeb than a real reporter.

I'm sure they're just reading a script by rote now. Some of the items on the news of late has had such tenuous logic behind it I nearly called them up to complain.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
BBC risks undermining Brexit and damaging UK with 'pessimistic and skewed' coverage, 70 MPs warn....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...mining-brexit-damaging-uk-pessimistic-skewed/

As a nation we let the whiners have too much air time and don't celebrate success enough.

British people having the courage to free themselves from the failing EU ahead of the game should be a cause for celebration.

The fact the timid little thinkers have been defeated in a democratic vote is to my mind one of the finest moments in Britains history.

Hopefully many of the youth of today will free themselves of their indoctrination they receive during their education.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
As a nation we let the whiners have too much air time and don't celebrate success enough.

British people having the courage to free themselves from the failing EU ahead of the game should be a cause for celebration.

The fact the timid little thinkers have been defeated in a democratic vote is to my mind one of the finest moments in Britains history.

Hopefully many of the youth of today will free themselves of their indoctrination they receive during their education.

Hear hear !! I entirely agree :)

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.

Very well put.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
No different to any other day of the last two decades then eh ;)

I fail to see why the BBC report every little facet of the American political systems workings. Do they really think the whole country is that interested in everything the Americans do? Its getting boring and tedious in amongst their UK biased reporting. Its grates that I am forced to part fund such a politically biased organisation.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I fail to see why the BBC report every little facet of the American political systems workings. Do they really think the whole country is that interested in everything the Americans do? Its getting boring and tedious in amongst their UK biased reporting. Its grates that I am forced to part fund such a politically biased organisation.

Do they think we are that interested? Not sure. Do they realise that the vast majority of the country lacks enough of a frame of reference to have even a basic understanding of the US political system? I seriously doubt it.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Do they think we are that interested? Not sure. Do they realise that the vast majority of the country lacks enough of a frame of reference to have even a basic understanding of the US political system? I seriously doubt it.

Not sure we in the UK have a comprehensive understanding of the day to day workings and the administrative set up of the eu.
Some will be down to general disinterest but I see the reporting has been very limited over the years.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
No it isn't - and since Hammond took over there's not even a pretence of trying to reduce it - the UK national debt grows at a rate of £5,170 per second! While I typed this our debt went up by more than £200,000! (I type slowly!). But never mind the others - I don't want to see politicians and bankers continuing to spend my great and probably great, great grandchildren's money and their future.

http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

Anyone can create a site that counts.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)

Unfortunately the demonstration will be infiltrated with misguided anarchists who will use it as an excuse to vandalise and rob innocent shopkeepers. The vocal minority thinking they have some god given right to be heard before anyone else....a bit like the SNP.

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Unfortunately the demonstration will be infiltrated with misguided anarchists who will use it as an excuse to vandalise and rob innocent shopkeepers. The vocal minority thinking they have some god given right to be heard before anyone else....a bit like the [STRIKE]BNP[/STRIKE] UKIP.

Fixed that for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom