NEW UPDATE TO FORUM LAUNCHING

JT1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 E220D SE (W213)
No naughty swear words in auto censor not even "kitchen" .

Quick, before someone says **** or ***** :)

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
@Some guy on the internet I have created a style based on the Mercedes Custom style that has Avatars removed from threads and forum lists.
It isn't open to use yet but I have applied it to your profile to see if it works for you.

Thanks. I can still see avatars for about 50% of posts & can still see the avatar box (even if blank) in 100% .

vbadmin

Reaction score
@Some guy on the internet, do you know which view you are seeing avatars in, I can only see them in the side panel new post, all other areas they have gone, albeit as you say with a blank box.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I'm afraid to say i I made a mistake in the final transfer and didn't include the sigpics and higher res profile pics. They are not lost but I will have to manually update them. If people don't have access to their pics then please tell me and I will try and sort them out.

Tried to edit my sig to reintroduce the photo that was there. All I see is the URL to my photo but not the photo itself? Is there a new file size limit or could you remind us what it is please? Seem to recall 120x 120 pixels ?

Appreciate the effort you are putting in to sort the little bugs remaining. Top job!

vbadmin

Reaction score
@AMGeed I have edited it for you, it's no longer a [sigpic] tag but just a plain image tag. But if you use the default rich editor you can click on the picture image like in the thread posts and just paste the url in. Hopefully that is clear. I think I have set the permissions for users to add pics ok, but it is possible that I have missed a setting somewhere so if anyone has a problem post back her and I can look at it.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Is it possible to bring back the option of clicking on a link within member profile to see all threads started by the member. I used to use this to update my threads.

Thanks

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208
Just noticed the disclaimer at the bottom of the page that says you are not affiliated with the Daimler chrysler group, is it not just the Daimler group now? I thought Daimler bought chrysler out a while ago?

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Finding the forum loads rather slowly now, seems to go to all sorts of other places during log-in and when then selecting new posts. Also another vote for Mercedes view rather than original Even then it's all a bit "white on white".

Went through something similar about a year ago on PCGB forum, took a while to get used to the new layout etc, but the members soon got used to it and the comments subsided!

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
The forum is definately slower to load now. On my tablet using the Opera browser i don't get any indication anything is happening when i click on a link but clearly something is happening as eventually the link comes up. This is intermittant.

vbadmin

Reaction score
I will have a look at the server as it may need some optimisation, for the new software, as the software is doing a lot more than it was then it could well be that a server upgrade is needed.

@Some guy on the internet check out the Mercedes Custom Style No Avatars again if you can to see if hides them well enough for you. (if at all)

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Yup its slow to load here too on fibre optic, probably forum server side getting balancing/load sorted out.

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
Thought I would put up a test Post for my own benefit.......ignore.

Mic

OP
mark.s

mark.s

MBO Forum Staff - CLS 320 (W219)
MBO Ad Sales & Partnerships
Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesclub.org.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI remapped (W219)
  • Admin
On the previous software we were able to swap between forum and club pages but i can not see a way to go to the club pages anymore.

@flowrider99 At the moment, its in useful links at the bottom of the page but this will be added at the top soon.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom