General Election...June 8

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
She called an election simply because she was told to by her advisors...Thats the guys who run the tory party... do you guys really think that Teresa Maybe, like David Cameron is running the country...
The tories are in turmoil but they never show it, everything behind closed doors. But the lemmings will follow and listen to the lies they spout.
Remember you cannot be in charge of your own destiny or totally free until you are paying through the nose to the Tory party backers .

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
I think it's sealed my vote for conservative even if I don't agree with all their policies, purely to stop Corbyn.
This is what the Mail and the Sun would expect from most people who cannot think for themselves...You seriously need to grow a set , and do a bit of fact finding.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
In keeping with Mrs May's policy of saying one thing while doing another in September last year she told Andrew Marr: "The next General Election should be in 2020." But now she says it's "in the national interest"...

Why? What's changed, then?

I think whats changed is the opposition parties dogged determination to obstruct, delay and generally cause mischief on anything to do with Brexit along with the unelected Peers in the Lords sticking their nose where its not wanted. Plus the SNP's continual demands for independance referendums until they get the result they want, the Scotish voting will be very interesting. I dont think Theresa May expected any of the aformentioned last September. Funny how the opposition have been moaning on about unelected PM's and how undemocratic it is but now we are going to have a general election we get Abbott and her cronies plus Sturgeon complaing that May has changed her mind.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It is a problem for the sizeable chunk who are anti-Brexit.
Who will be the recipient of their protest vote, the Greens the Liberal not so Democrats or my personal favourite none of the above.
Will they hold their noses and vote Conservative ?
Their protest votes will throw up some interesting results election night.
No point in voting Corbyn he is onboard with the out vote or will he see a lot of votes to hoover up from the remoaners and change course, problem is many traditional Labour heartlands voted out knowing Labour abandoned them years ago.

Maybe the protest will be no vote and "they" will stay at home with their French wine and German sausage singing the "Anthem of Europe" as the pills take hold.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
If the Conservatives win the election i think that is a vote of confidence in our ability to go it alone outside of the EU, even from previous remain voters. If Labour win then we really are all doomed.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I don't think we would be doomed with Corbyn so much as doomed by his acolytes his "team" looks anything but.
Still it should clear the air a bit so I welcome her calling a General Election.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Theresa May "I have won the leadership contest of my party and therefore am Prime Minister, I will not be calling a general election"

Lefties: "Booooo!!!!!! You are unelected!!!!! Booooo! You have no mandate, you must call a general election"

Theresa May "I will call a general election to provide a mandate for my policies"

Lefties: "Boooooo!!!!! You did what we said we wanted you to do, but said you wouldn't!!!!! Boooooooo! You are a liar!!!! Booooo!"

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
May had to go to the country to consolidate her position in the Tory party and take advantage of the weakness of the opposition in Parliament. With a slim majority of 17 her authority within her own party would be vulnerable during Brexit negotiations to backbench revolt and might end in a possible vote of no confidence if the Bremainers gained any momentum.

Another Tory benefit of going to the country is that if Labour are to avoid a rout in the North they will have to be more vocal in supporting Brexit which in turn will be a good whipping boy for May in future commons debate on on the subject. If the Labour don't support Brexit they stand to loose a lot of seats so win win for the Tories

As regards Scotland the Tories have nothing to loose and we may all end up getting another surprise if the SNP loose ground which wouldn't surprise me no doubt the Tories across the border are feeling more emboldened nowadays as Labour have lost ground as an alternative vote to the SNP

We need strong government at the moment whichever way the pendulum swings, I'm a Leave supporter so I hope she gets the majority she needs

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
I think whats changed is the opposition parties dogged determination to obstruct, delay and generally cause mischief on anything to do with Brexit along with the unelected Peers in the Lords sticking their nose where its not wanted. Plus the SNP's continual demands for independance referendums until they get the result they want, the Scotish voting will be very interesting. I dont think Theresa May expected any of the aformentioned last September. Funny how the opposition have been moaning on about unelected PM's and how undemocratic it is but now we are going to have a general election we get Abbott and her cronies plus Sturgeon complaing that May has changed her mind.
You have just quoted the Tory party and Teresa Maybe verbatim ... think hard is that really the reason..no the reason is her own backbenchers , who threatened to rebel when that other idiot decided to supertax the self employed, and break one of Camerons election promises, which still had to be fulfilled cos she didn't have her own mandate (tho why any man would date her I really don't know).

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
You have just quoted the Tory party and Teresa Maybe verbatim ... think hard is that really the reason..no the reason is her own backbenchers , who threatened to rebel when that other idiot decided to supertax the self employed, and break one of Camerons election promises, which still had to be fulfilled cos she didn't have her own mandate (tho why any man would date her I really don't know).

In my opinion it is the reason and have not heard anything to the contrary, i actually wrote that post before i heard May's speech regarding the election.. I guess you don't believe it is the reason, we are all entitled to an opinion.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
This is what the Mail and the Sun would expect from most people who cannot think for themselves...You seriously need to grow a set , and do a bit of fact finding.

Why be so insulting? Are you channeling prwales? You do not know me AT ALL.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
One thing that could be interesting is whether parliament will allow her to call the early election. Its not in Corbyns best interests right now, nor is it in UKIPs or the Lib Dems....
If they don't support her call for an early election it could all be very interesting!

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
She called an election simply because she was told to by her advisors...Thats the guys who run the tory party... do you guys really think that Teresa Maybe, like David Cameron is running the country...
The tories are in turmoil but they never show it, everything behind closed doors. But the lemmings will follow and listen to the lies they spout.
Remember you cannot be in charge of your own destiny or totally free until you are paying through the nose to the Tory party backers .

You need to stop reading 'Conspiracy Theory Weekly'!!

Yes she has advisors, just like anyone who runs a country/big business etc does. But she doesn't have to listen to them, although most of the time she would be foolish not to.

To little Lemming me it seems simple:

- She knows she will win by a huuuuuge margin
- She knows it will strengthen her mandate both for Brexit and any plans for the next few years
- She has just bought the Gov about 3-4mths of breathing space to stop muppets asking her "what's your Brexit Plan" all the time
- She will stop any potential back bench revolt during Brexit, i.e. the muppets that don't actually think on what is best for the country but only their own personal political goals.

But then again what do i know? I'm a Lemming and can't do some research. Best get back to travelling to that cliff to throw myself off of..... :rolleyes:

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
One thing that could be interesting is whether parliament will allow her to call the early election. Its not in Corbyns best interests right now, nor is it in UKIPs or the Lib Dems....
If they don't support her call for an early election it could all be very interesting!
It does seem very surprising that Labour will vote for it (if reports are to be believed) they must know what is likely to happen. Corbyn cannot be that delusional, can he?

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive

Murdoch and co. seem to think it will be approved. So do half of the opposition, to the media anyway.

Maybe they think they can do a 'Trump' and shock everyone?

http://news.sky.com/story/general-election-snap-poll-set-to-be-approved-by-mps-10842722

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
When all the opposition parties have been critising May for not being duly elected by the people how can they now refuse an election. If they do vote against they will be seen as untrustworthy hypocrites.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom