NEW UPDATE TO FORUM LAUNCHING

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Clicking the dot before the Thread title should bring up the last unread post, but in my case it takes me to posts dated March 20th whichever thread I choose?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Conversations........previously Private Messages.
When selecting a conversation and clicking the dropdown menu, there is no option to delete your own messages.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
OK last one for tonight........it may be me, but these are the glitches I have found this evening.

I choose the Mercedes Custom style layout , but when I log out the forum always reverts back to default style so it means changing the layout every time I visit the forum.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Don't know why AMGeed, I changed to the Mercedes format a couple of days ago and that's what comes up when I log in!

Also, log in is much faster now!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
OK last one for tonight........it may be me, but these are the glitches I have found this evening.

I choose the Mercedes Custom style layout , but when I log out the forum always reverts back to default style so it means changing the layout every time I visit the forum.
Glad you mentioned that Roger...actually I never log out!

vbadmin

Reaction score
Conversations........previously Private Messages.
When selecting a conversation and clicking the dropdown menu, there is no option to delete your own messages.
Unlike PM's where you have an in box and an out box conversations are threaded, so more like a forum post than the 'email exchange' of a pm. The advantage of this is you don't have to jump back and forth to your sent items to see what you said. However due to the threaded nature of a conversation you loose the ability to delete a single message, when you leave a conversation the whole thread is deleted from your inbox. You can either choose to leave but

1) Accept future messages. Should this conversation receive further responses in the future, this conversation will be restored to your inbox.

or

2) Ignore future messages. You will not be notified of any future responses and the conversation will remain deleted from your inbox.

If everyone leaves a conversation then it's deleted, and can't be brought back. It is different to the previous pm system, but it should help people follow a 'pm' discussion more easily without having to use extensive quoting especially if they are on a mobile device.

The style sticks for me, as well, not that is much help to you @AMGeed your profile shows that MCS is set as your style, so I'm a bit stumped. I will have a browse of the offical forums to see if anyone else has had this sort of issue before.

The ... are not a link, the date next to them is a link to the first post in the thread, if you want to go to the first unread post in the thread click on the thread title, if you want to go to the last post in the thread then click on the posting time under the last posters user name.

Hopefully that is all a bit clearer...

Last edited:

vbadmin

Reaction score
The old forum system was just that old. The version of the software we had wasn’t being developed at all and although it worked how users are accessing the forum has changed over the last few years with the majority of our users using phones to access the site. Although the old software had an upgrade path the feedback from those that did upgrade wasn’t always great, and if we had done an upgrade it would of made it a lot harder to move to another system.

Xenforo was set up by three of the people who developed the old forum software, so it has a certain familiarity along with a lot of potential for improvements.

But the main reason was because my mother-in-law was visiting and I needed an excuse to shut the door and drink coffee over Easter :)

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
On the old control panel it was easy to get to either posts or threads started by someone, but now they are mixed together. Is there a quick way to get to the list of threads I have started?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Didn't like it for 2 days , but find it better than the old one now .

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Don't know why AMGeed, I changed to the Mercedes format a couple of days ago and that's what comes up when I log in!
And when I logged in this evening the format is how I chose it. Must have been a glitch for me but its OK now.

@Admin, thanks for your replies addressing my previous queries.

vbadmin

Reaction score
@flowrider99 @Yugguy, made a couple more changes. The most important one is adding a quick link to Your Posts and Your Threads in the top Forums tab, see below.

New Top Bar.jpg

Attachments

• New Top Bar.jpg
    New Top Bar.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 2

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
email notifications come from a very strange email address

This fails a number of spam checks

Any chance this can be tidied up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Is it possible to restore the link to the club pages? Thanks

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom