Someone hit me

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
Still in the garage, we have the quote for the new door, wing and sill. Yikes. Glad I'm not paying for it. It's going to be about 3 more weeks :eek:

On the upside, the BMW hire car got sold from under me (RUDE!) and I now have a '17 E220 AMG Line :D

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Still in the garage, we have the quote for the new door, wing and sill. Yikes. Glad I'm not paying for it. It's going to be about 3 more weeks :eek:

On the upside, the BMW hire car got sold from under me (RUDE!) and I now have a '17 E220 AMG Line :D
Cor that's a tough result (enjoy!) - and remember, while you're using the hire car you're not sticking miles on yours!

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
Cor that's a tough result (enjoy!) - and remember, while you're using the hire car you're not sticking miles on yours!

Indeed, we've already had a day out in Wales and possibly going to South Shields to visit the mother-in-law :cool:

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
There is also nothing faster than a hire car.... just saying. ;)

And don't forget they are also specially built for the hire market so that
  • They don't need any boring things thing like oil/water etc to be checked and
  • Any unexpected noises can easily be eliminated by increasing the volume on the stereo.
  • Tyres are made from a special compound that allows all bends and curves to be taken at high speed to enjoy the screeching
  • Engine and oil warning lights can all be ignored because they're the responsibility of the hirer.

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
I'm very good these days, don't want another speed awareness course.
Already put air in the tyres in the BMW. Luckily the E Class seems to be pretty good, only just over 1000 miles. :)

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
I got my car back on Friday :D I'm pretty pleased, there is something not quite right with the door/rubber seal/glass. It's not opening and closing properly so it needs to go back and get looked at on Thursday. The guy reckoned yesterday it should only take a couple of hours. It's looking pretty again anyway :)

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
When I had a prang last year the AA put me in touch with a firm called Claimfast and said they would deal with my claim as it wasn't my fault and I would not have to make a claim against my insurance.
Basically they just got the driver who hit me's insurance co to pay for everything, including a nice cut for themselves I imagine.
I had a brand new Jag XF for the week, but didn't like it.
If this happens to anyone else it may be worth giving them a call. Everything was taken care of, including picking up and dropping off the car. I couldn't seee the join.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom