Retrofittable Adaptive Brake Light System

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Guys lets not turn this thread into bashing David's product, if you want to leave feedback how about we have a different thread or even PMing David with your ideas on.

David, video of installation and your website are going to make a real difference, the next place is to start talking with publications about reviews and really getting the product known, it only takes a good review by a respected mechanic (Think Edd China and Terraclean) to say how much of a great product it is and you could do very well. Sorry if it's teaching you how to suck eggs but jut an idea

OP
Z

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Matt, it's a great idea!
I know I need some serious help in marketing dpt, I never actually dealt with a [relatively] low value retail product before and found this a completely alien territory.

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
Guys lets not turn this thread into bashing David's product, if you want to leave feedback how about we have a different thread or even PMing David with your ideas on.

David, video of installation and your website are going to make a real difference, the next place is to start talking with publications about reviews and really getting the product known, it only takes a good review by a respected mechanic (Think Edd China and Terraclean) to say how much of a great product it is and you could do very well. Sorry if it's teaching you how to suck eggs but jut an idea

Not sure if you think my post was bashing as it's the one directly before yours. I was under the impression he was looking to find why his product hadn't taken off, sorry if I got that wrong.
There was no intended bashing, I think it's a great product if it works as intended and I have no doubt it does what is says on the tin.
It's a little strange how you suggest PM'g David with ideas, then post your suggestion on this thread.
I'm out but in a nice way, I wish you great success GLK, my apologies for posting anything you may feel is inappropriate.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
In my youth, cars were so poorly specced as standard that many owners spent tme and money on extras, and on individualising their cars in a wide variety of ways.

Today things have changed almost beyond recognition. Cars generally have as standard almost everything a motorist could want, plus a lot of kit and toys that are seldom used (haven't we all heard the comment, 'I never knew my model had that!).

Because of this, and other lifestyle factors, the majority of motorists accept what is on their cars and just enjoy driving them.

The idea of altering their rear braking lights to flash rapidly instead of remaining steady is probably way down their list of desirable modifications.

Maybe my take on this is wrong, but although it would be rewarding to see a fellow forum member succeed with this novel idea, I cannot see a financially reasonable market for such an accessory.

Last edited:
OP
Z

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nothing to worry about, all valid arguments, and it is obviously not of interest to everyone - nothing is.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not sure if you think my post was bashing as it's the one directly before yours. I was under the impression he was looking to find why his product hadn't taken off, sorry if I got that wrong.
There was no intended bashing, I think it's a great product if it works as intended and I have no doubt it does what is says on the tin.
It's a little strange how you suggest PM'g David with ideas, then post your suggestion on this thread.
I'm out but in a nice way, I wish you great success GLK, my apologies for posting anything you may feel is inappropriate.
Sorry LJohn, that wasn't directed at you personally more a general post to keep the thread a little more positive as it was starting to get a very downward tinge to it. The PM thing was just an idea to again give feedback without the thread becoming too oppressive to what is a very well designed product, my reply was just giving a couple of tips on what to do next to get it moving.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
on a side note to my other posts, David dependant on what happens with the wife's car and it's gearbox/drivetrain whine we are interested in purchasing and fitting, especially as her pervious car was written off after being hit from behind

OP
Z

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
on a side note to my other posts, David dependant on what happens with the wife's car and it's gearbox/drivetrain whine we are interested in purchasing and fitting, especially as her pervious car was written off after being hit from behind
Thanks Matt, appreciate your support. I'd be happy to offer a best deal possible :)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
David, please put me down for one. It would be an excellent addition to one of the vehicles in our care.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
The negative comments were my fault as I asked why members weren't buying but, after a number of years spent as a Start-Up Business Advisor, I thought David needed some honest feedback so thank you to those who stepped up and contributed. It is never pleasant getting real life opinion about the idea that you have spent so many long and painful hours developing but such feedback is absolutely vital to help adjust the future marketing message or, indeed, the actual product itself.

People generally buy to gain something or avoid something, more likely the former. Unfortunately, this product is not sexy, it doesn't make the car look better or go faster so the "avoid" message is the only one available. We all like to think that our Mercedes prides and joys are well looked after with good brakes and tyres and in our capable hands as a good driver we should be able to stop better than the guy in front and avoid shunting him in an emergency stop.

Where Flash-a-Brake comes in is that it helps avoid the dozy driver behind rear-ending us, when he/she is not concentrating and might stand a better chance when my emergency stop is more obvious. @V6Matty is a great case study.

Along with everyone else, I do wish David every success. It is not easy getting a new product to market so do persevere.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom