What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Ho
View attachment 38518 View attachment 38519 View attachment 38520 Cleaned the Clk roof yesterday so it was dry this morning for Renovo black paint roof treatment . Washed the car with chemical guys Clean slate to clean the paintwork . Followed it up with Auto Finesse Tripple (3 in 1 polish and cleaner ) finished off with Chemical guys Butter wet wax .
I still have to waterproof the roof tonight when the wind drops .
And then just suctioned out 300ml of power steering fluid from the reservoir to replace with some new stuff . Here are a couple of pics .

Nice Work. How often do you do the partial PS fluid change? If you do this occasionally/regularly can you get away with not draining the system? I've only done 58 000 so prevention may be better than cure. Do you do it hot or cold?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Ho

Nice Work. How often do you do the partial PS fluid change? If you do this occasionally/regularly can you get away with not draining the system? I've only done 58 000 so prevention may be better than cure. Do you do it hot or cold?
Cars got 60k on it , I bourght a litre of MB PS fluid to top up a tiny amount , and then thought what am I going to do with the other 990ml , so I just used a large syringe with a small tube attached to suck out all I could (300ml) from the reservoir (it was cold) , I did this same amount a month ago , and I've got one more suck out to do in a month or so ....just seemed a good way with no hassle to use the container up .

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Resrayed all the wheels with Hammerite last week ... after the reaction of acrylic clearcoat on the Hammerite.

I was told to wait 7 days by Hammerite Tech dept, to avoid this happening. Before overcoating with clearcoat.

I waited a full 7 days .. some nice weather too. I also waited 25 mins between Hammerite coats not the 15 mins stated to let as much as possible dry out during the spraying session. It looked good but not glossy.

Came to spray the clear coat today ... first coat laid on very thin. left it 30 mins not the stated 15mins.
Belt and braces .... Just to be sure.....
even had a 500w light on in the tent afffair to ensure it was circa 23C . And yipee it looked as though it would be great.

Sprayed the second coat ... and f*ck me ... it started to crinkle and react!
Too furious to be disapointed.

I give up!

I will let this wheel dry, and rub this one wheel down, and repaint with Hammerite , so it matches the others
.... I dare not risk anything on top.

End of ...
This paint is not overcoatable period! .. tried 3 different tins!

Unless I got a faulty batch!

WARNING DO NOT USE HAMMERITE FOR CALIPERS - IF YOU WANT TO CLEARCOAT THEM TO GET A GLOSSY FINISH
I THINK THEY HAVE CHANGED IT!

Last edited:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
:)Booked the 63 in for A service Tuesday at MB Liverpool on the service plan...express service '2 senior technicians work on your car to complete in approx 1 hour' yeah right...:)
Ah well at least it's already paid for....

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Bought her a pressy.
Nice Norbar 60- 340Nm Torque wrench.
700 mm long .... worth every penny ... 150 Nm ... is effortless! :):):)
Glad I went for the longer one .. defo worth the extra £9

And the case fits snugly into the boot recess ta da!

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Vacced out and refueled ready for the drive back to England.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Sat and watched it flash up - "B Service Due In 15 Days"

Can't remember if that's the biggy or not...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Cars got 60k on it , I bourght a litre of MB PS fluid to top up a tiny amount , and then thought what am I going to do with the other 990ml , so I just used a large syringe with a small tube attached to suck out all I could (300ml) from the reservoir (it was cold) , I did this same amount a month ago , and I've got one more suck out to do in a month or so ....just seemed a good way with no hassle to use the container up .

Good idea. I'm about 5 ml too low. I've got some PS fluid, but didn't want to mix it.
I might wait until I need 10 ml and then do the same thing, though I'll probably keep 50ml back for the next 20 years. Was the stuff you sucked out dirty?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Good idea. I'm about 5 ml too low. I've got some PS fluid, but didn't want to mix it.
I might wait until I need 10 ml and then do the same thing, though I'll probably keep 50ml back for the next 20 years. Was the stuff you sucked out dirty?
It was very dark , compared to the nice green new stuff . Mine was more about making use of the litre I'd bourght rather than throw it away in 20 years when I clear the garage out .

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
Changed the battery on the E! Be careful doing that, actual battery is much smaller than all web sources state. Its a very tight fit indeed! Tomorrow - brush and clean the soft top (no laughing please) then 'pre-autumn' Renovo Roof Proofer. Big wash ready for a Bank Holiday cruise up the Cat n' Fiddle and a day up Leek way, duck! Hoping for some sun.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Passed it's MOT

2 Advisories

1. Rear tyres low (new ones are ready to go on next week)
2. Front Brake pads and disks low

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Is that Coverdale 2 ?

Not used them yet, but curious to know what they are like.

It is, Lee and his guys are superb, all MB parts, STAR and Xentry to keep the service history up to date

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom