What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Lord_Lucan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No longer own a Mercedes Benz
Does it feel better?

It does indeed feel truer and less vibration through the steering wheel. The car does have different front tyres though which is resulting in a tiny pull to the left but the alignment place said to get it changed to a matching pair and come back and they'll give it another once over for piece of mind but it'll be true.

Ray1888

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 45 AMG
IMG_1185.JPG
I've copied this idea from another forum that I use (A Ford Transit Forum) of all things!

I quite look forward to getting the e-mail notifiers that someone has posted something... De-badged their van, polished it, new wheels maybe... even a new air freshener....

Just a bit of fun really....

So, come on...
What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?
wash and fitted new spoiler

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Washed it, clayed it, polished it. This is the new E Class.

It had some form of "paint protection" which the dealer had applied when I picked it up. Can't remember the name of the stuff, though I did get a very nice bag in the boot with loads of their stuff in it, including wheel cleaner, polish, shampoo and a sponge :eek:

As I wasn't familiar with the stuff I decided to take it back to pure paint and start again. It didn't need polishing so, after claying it, I just applied a coat of decent wax, with another one going on tomorrow.

Those who know me will know that my cars never get washed, all they usually get is a decent QD every time they go out, so the washing today was certainly a change for me. The last E Class (my taxi ;)) only got washed once this year which was due to getting stuck behind a gritter, and I'm hoping that I can maintain that regime with this one. :D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Washed it, clayed it, polished it. This is the new E Class.

It had some form of "paint protection" which the dealer had applied when I picked it up. Can't remember the name of the stuff, though I did get a very nice bag in the boot with loads of their stuff in it, including wheel cleaner, polish, shampoo and a sponge :eek:

As I wasn't familiar with the stuff I decided to take it back to pure paint and start again. It didn't need polishing so, after claying it, I just applied a coat of decent wax, with another one going on tomorrow.

Those who know me will know that my cars never get washed, all they usually get is a decent QD every time they go out, so the washing today was certainly a change for me. The last E Class (my taxi ;)) only got washed once this year which was due to getting stuck behind a gritter, and I'm hoping that I can maintain that regime with this one. :D
Get in there!
If mine wasn't black Dave I'd be the same QD routine but the black just swirls soooo easily unfortunately I have the loosen, rinse, snowfoam, rinse, wash, rinse, microfibre, QD routine to contend with. Not quick

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Get in there!
If mine wasn't black Dave I'd be the same QD routine but the black just swirls soooo easily unfortunately I have the loosen, rinse, snowfoam, rinse, wash, rinse, microfibre, QD routine to contend with. Not quick
I don't know about QD, sounds more like OCD ;)

jshodgson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi sport 2007
Use an Indy, I use an excellent one in Newton Abbot, all MB OEM parts and only £55 per hour labour.

Everything uploaded to MB via Xentry
What is the name of the garage in Newton? I am looking for one in Torbay but Newton would do fine if they are good. Thanks

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Ordered 2 new rear sensor level arms.
Got the stiff ball joint loose, but still a bit grauncy and at £13 each not worth the effort to semi improve it.
The fronts are perfect, but they are high and exposed to airflow.
The lower rear ball joints are sunken into the U shaped lower arm. I guess lots of rain water and little airflow.
They really should have little boots on them :)

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Had a great drive in the sunshine with the roof down on the SL. The only thing that was a bit of an issue was i couldn't open the doors with the key fob due to the "consumers offline" message. All sorted after a few miles and i have now done an overnight charge.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
What is the name of the garage in Newton? I am looking for one in Torbay but Newton would do fine if they are good. Thanks

There isn't one in Torbay, Coverdale 2 is closest as Richard Moakes said. Been using them for years, they have Xentry and Star so everything is updated

Brizzle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 AMG Night Edition Bluetec Auto Estate (Feb 2016)
Not today, but yesterday ... I replaced the Audio 20 radio/CD player in my C220 (W204) with an android unit. Unless you're a geek you really can't see the difference between the two units but in terms of functionality they are solar systems apart. It took a while to understand the Chinglish that the manual is written in and there is a complete lack of installation instructions but 20 minutes looking at the various cables, etc., and the way forward was pretty clear.

So, I now have built-in AM/FM/DAB radio, CD & DVD player, SatNav, Bluetooth phone with upload-able contacts details, a WiFi hotspot, and loads of other functions. The equivalent Comand upgrade would have been nearly £1500 and this cost the princely sum of £350 so I reckon that's a bargain.

Happy days - well almost. I spent so much time doing the install and setting the thing up that I managed to drain the car battery ... d'oh! Must learn to run the engine occasionally :)

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Not today, but yesterday ... I replaced the Audio 20 radio/CD player in my C220 (W204) with an android unit. Unless you're a geek you really can't see the difference between the two units but in terms of functionality they are solar systems apart. It took a while to understand the Chinglish that the manual is written in and there is a complete lack of installation instructions but 20 minutes looking at the various cables, etc., and the way forward was pretty clear.

So, I now have built-in AM/FM/DAB radio, CD & DVD player, SatNav, Bluetooth phone with upload-able contacts details, a WiFi hotspot, and loads of other functions. The equivalent Comand upgrade would have been nearly £1500 and this cost the princely sum of £350 so I reckon that's a bargain.

Happy days - well almost. I spent so much time doing the install and setting the thing up that I managed to drain the car battery ... d'oh! Must learn to run the engine occasionally :)
Sounds good - got any pictures?

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 '63 E350 coupe amg sport
Rear summer rims off, winters on. Got a puncture in the old knackered rears and new tyres on order, so just a temp manouvre, question is should I refurb the summers now...

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Agreed. I am on my second Superb - and they are.

I think the laugh is on Audi drivers now - same parts bin, much higher prices (and failure rates).

Alex.

Yes, it is called the 'TT' :D

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom