Hello. Just ordered my first Mercedes.

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Good afternoon,

I have just ordered my first ever Mercedes, and thought I would join here in an attempt to keep me sane while I wait for its arrival.

I have always driven Audi's and BMWs until now, but there's simply nothing in their current line-up that interests me.

I decided to go for an E63S. Can't wait!

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi E63S and welcome to the forum - you have certainly joined the world of Mercedes in style and will be the envy of most on here! How long before you get it?

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Hi E63S and welcome to the forum - you have certainly joined the world of Mercedes in style and will be the envy of most on here! How long before you get it?

Hi Srdl, thanks for the welcome. It's such an amazing looking car. I've been really underwhelmed by previous versions of the E Class, but MB have really knocked it out of the park with this one. I am expecting to get an estimated delivery date in the next couple of days, but have been told to expect early/mid January. In theory I would like to wait until 1st March, but I don't think my lack of patience would allow it! :D

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi E63S, welcome to the forum. WOW what an entry into MB ownership. :)

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Welcome, hope you don't have to wait too long, there are a number of E63 owners on here who I'm sure will contribute to this thread in due course

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Thanks AJD & Malcolm2010. The comments so far have made me think I have made the correct choice, and was right not to wait for the new M5.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome E63S...I've the 'calm' version of the previous 212 model and it's absolutely awesome
Daveenty on here has the E63S 213 version (as yours will be presumably 4matic), so no doubt he will update you on the differences. It will be my next MB unless I go for a GTR which with luck might be possible, but in 2 or so years.
So, dish up please what spec and colour you've gone for ....

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Welcome E63S...I've the 'calm' version of the previous 212 model and it's absolutely awesome
Daveenty on here has the E63S 213 version (as yours will be presumably 4matic), so no doubt he will update you on the differences. It will be my next MB unless I go for a GTR which with luck might be possible, but in 2 or so years.
So, dish up please what spec and colour you've gone for ....

Hi John. Thanks for the welcome. The GTR is a great looking car. I was tempted by it, until the wife vetoed the idea.

Spec as follows:
- Saloon
- Selenite Grey Magno
- Black cross spoke rims
- Premium Package
- AMG Night Package
- AMG Drivers Package
- Black leather interior
- Metal weave trim
- Heated windscreen
- Heated rear seats
- HUD
- 360 camera
- Performance exhaust

Still 6 weeks until the order is locked, so a few things are bound to change. Agonised over the colour... the demo I tried was Hyacinth Red, which looked spectacular, but the matte grey body/black wheels combo looked too good to resist.

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213

Thanks Chas1. I could play it cool and say it's just another car, but the reality is that I'm rather excited indeed.

The Chris Harris review was the one that made me think "she will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine". He's by far the best reviewer out there, and I place a lot of stock in what he says. If he thinks it's awesome, then I know I will too.

Just need my build week now so I can create my countdown wall chart. :D

A question... do Mercedes allow you to choose what tyres they use? I've seen that most of these come with Pirelli P-Zero's, but I'm not a fan of these, having had two blowouts with them in the past. I'd quite like Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, but would rather avoid having to go on to blackcircles and shell out £1,200 on tyres as soon as I receive the new car.

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
With that car you won't have to wait long before changing the first set of tyres anyway.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Must have missed this post, sorry about that and congratulations on what is an awesome car.

I've not had mine long so can't really tell you much more than you already know about them unfortunately, though they're a world apart from the W212 which I owned prior to this one. Not that there was anything wrong with the W212, I owned it well over three years, just that the new model is totally different to drive.

The spec on yours looks excellent, with a few more toys than mine, though I do have the Performance & Night Packs, along with the same wheels you've chosen (which are a bitch to clean by the way :))

Mine is in Diamond White which the Night Package compliments nicely though, as you say, Hyacinth is stunning on these cars.

I've not really done any miles yet in mine so it's difficult to comment, had one issue with the exhaust catching though this was easily remedied by my local dealer.

Enjoy the car, and may you have many happy miles in it. :)

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Must have missed this post, sorry about that and congratulations on what is an awesome car.

I've not had mine long so can't really tell you much more than you already know about them unfortunately, though they're a world apart from the W212 which I owned prior to this one. Not that there was anything wrong with the W212, I owned it well over three years, just that the new model is totally different to drive.

The spec on yours looks excellent, with a few more toys than mine, though I do have the Performance & Night Packs, along with the same wheels you've chosen (which are a bitch to clean by the way :))

Mine is in Diamond White which the Night Package compliments nicely though, as you say, Hyacinth is stunning on these cars.

I've not really done any miles yet in mine so it's difficult to comment, had one issue with the exhaust catching though this was easily remedied by my local dealer.

Enjoy the car, and may you have many happy miles in it. :)

Hi Daveenty. A man (I assume) with excellent taste! What makes the wheels so annoying to clean?

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Hi Daveenty. A man (I assume) with excellent taste!

Certainly the last time I checked, though as for taste...

What makes the wheels so annoying to clean?

Too many spokes means more surface area and corners for grime to lurk and hide. Just time consuming really I suppose. I also had the matt black wheels on my last car, though they ended up quite shiny in the end due to constant overspray from my QD which made them easier due to the gloss. I may do the same with these eventually...

One issue I had with mine was a knock under any acceleration. This was traced to the exhaust catching on a crossmember, though it's a very simple fix to what appears to be a design problem.

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Decided on a slight change of spec. Found myself intrigued by the remote parking thing, so upgraded to it. I'll probably only use it once, but it's only a few £ more than the 360 camera option I originally went for.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
That's one hell of a spec you've built there! Enjoy when the time comes

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Decided on a change of colour. Been looking at google images for hours. Got it down to hyacinth red or selenite grey metallic, and I'm now 51% sure I'm going for selenite grey metallic.

I love the thought and look of the matte, but I simply can't be bothered with all the upkeep it requires.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Selenite would be a wise choice as it wouldn't make the car too obvious. However Hyacinth does look rather stunning !!:)

OP
E

E63S

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63S W213
Selenite would be a wise choice as it wouldn't make the car too obvious. However Hyacinth does look rather stunning !!:)

I was hoping that you would say hyacinth is horrid...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom