New Brake disc's

Peter Jones 0603

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi
Hi guys.. I've got a c220 cdi w204 se. 2011
I am changing the front brake discs. Does any one of you know the size. There is a choice of 2 sizes 288mm or 295mm.
I work away from home with a company van and can't get home to measure them physically for a couple of weeks..
I would appreciate your help.. and I will be learning a lot in the coming years from all you wonderful people and I will gladly share any knowledge I will be learning when I can be of assistance to anybody..
Many thanks
Peter

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
Peter
Do you have the vin number of your car? If so your mb dealer will be able to tell you
Or if not who are you buying the discs from? They may be able to check through the registration number
I think halfords can use the registration number for this but I haven't checked that

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Very likely you have 295.

Brembo have a useful lookup page, if you Google it.

OP
P

Peter Jones 0603

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi
Very likely you have 295.

Brembo have a useful lookup page, if you Google it.

Thank you very much. I will check out the brembo website..
Much obliged..
Peter

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Or call MB Grangemouth with your vin and Reg number and they'll give you a great price on originals

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Or call MB Grangemouth with your vin and Reg number and they'll give you a great price on originals

As John stick with MB supply if you can I was certainly surprised at how competitive my local dealer was on price and don't be shy asking for a discount

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I stuck brembo on my front, just for the look really, and they were a little cheaper than the OEM kit. They don't stop any better or worse than mb.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
As John stick with MB supply if you can I was certainly surprised at how competitive my local dealer was on price and don't be shy asking for a discount

I have a quote from Grangemouth and they are on par with ECP price wise

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I have a quote from Grangemouth and they are on par with ECP price wise

Yes I think they've woken up to the fact that they are losing a lot of parts trade to ECP et al, the only problem MB have is the rrp charge for parts when in-house servicing perhaps Grangemouth are addressing this, it is the elephant in the room

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes I think they've woken up to the fact that they are losing a lot of parts trade to ECP et al, the only problem MB have is the rrp charge for parts when in-house servicing perhaps Grangemouth are addressing this, it is the elephant in the room

Forum Sponsor that has seen they could sell thousands of parts if they price them correctly, their service is excellent, can't fault them at all.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
I went the full monty and fitted Mintex discs .With the pads to match , the web site will tell you the type you need by reg number. Mintex is a well known company if they cant make them no one can . I have fitted them to every car i have owned if they were ever needed ..Never had a problem with mintex ..

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Forum Sponsor that has seen they could sell thousands of parts if they price them correctly, their service is excellent, can't fault them at all.

If I need parts for my car, I find them on line at places such as MB Grangemouth & send my local MB parts dept the link and ask if they can match the price. They've not let me down yet ..... o_O

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If I need parts for my car, I find them on line at places such as MB Grangemouth & send my local MB parts dept the link and ask if they can match the price. They've not let me down yet ..... o_O

You are lucky

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They are a pretty good in general e.g. I've even had tech pages emailed to me. If only they were as good at fitting suspension struts ..... lol

Mine is a 45 mile round trip so it is better to pay Grangemouth £5 to deliver

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Mine is a 45 mile round trip so it is better to pay Grangemouth £5 to deliver

& I thought you lived in paradise in The English Riviera ;) There's a MB dealer 3 or 4 miles away in one direction & another about 5 or 6 in the other and I can come home from work via the furthest :). In your case I'd do as you & pay the delivery :D

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5

Plus one.
Note for my car, original pads and discs from Grangemouth are litterally pennies different to some weird unknown ECP stuff.
All I needed was my reg. number they do the rest!
Plus £5 for a careful Fedex delivery even one a monster heavy battery.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I do and part of the paradise is not having a dealer near me lol

Isn't torquey how you might describe an engine, but Torquay is a place to live? Just askin'...

Top Bottom