Any pet hates on your MB?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
In my case it is perhaps more of a dis-appointment, but still a pet hate. My option list it says 728A - LEATHER COMBINATION - GRAY, but it isn't, It is that bluddy Artico !! :shock:

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
124 300TE - poverty spec and rust, other than that nothing except for the 320 - 5 speed being much better

210 320cdi estate - Rust, other than that the car is fantastic

212 350cdi estate - electrics seem to have a mind of their own occasionally, extremely annoying ECO - Stop/Start that can't be turned off permanently and too strong self centring steering, other than that great car

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 '63 E350 coupe amg sport
The way it attracts the unwanted attention of yoofs in old "go faster" cars who want to tear past me, dustbin screaming and lowered suspension bottoming...
Don't get me started on the BMW headlight flashing brigade, I was undertaken on the hard shoulder by an old 320 whilst indicating for the next exit off the motorway -tosser :mad: !

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
The way it attracts the unwanted attention of yoofs in old "go faster" cars who want to tear past me, dustbin screaming and lowered suspension bottoming...
Don't get me started on the BMW headlight flashing brigade, I was undertaken on the hard shoulder by an old 320 whilst indicating for the next exit off the motorway -tosser :mad: !
Oh aye Frosty, forgot that stuff! I hear ya

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
W211 nicely polished bootlid that collects rainwater in pools.
Open the lid and the water runs into the boot. Just a poor design somehow.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
W211 nicely polished bootlid that collects rainwater in pools.
Open the lid and the water runs into the boot. Just a poor design somehow.
Same in the 212 Roger, they didn't learn:(

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just a small detail, but if it's raining and you open the drivers window (RHD car) water from the wipers pi*ses in, passenger side the air flow deflects it. So some 'handed' wipers would be nice, Please!

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
+1 for DAB reception, very disappointing yet my lads Audi A3 has good DAB.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
^ Good one. I forgot that. Very annoying.
Actually it's pretty universal on modern cars, however I don't recall it on the cars of old, maybe it was handed wipers or just that the roof gutters and heavier pillars stopped the flow...

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm on a roll now...
No auto-close on my rear windows (E class Coupe), that's just cheap:shock:

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
On mine, yes. Have a look in the menu to see if you have a language setting.
I assumed the Frau would speak some foreign lingo if I fiddled with that!:shock:
Shall give it a go though just in case....:rolleyes::geek:

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Pet hates are

1. Mandatory Annual Servicing requirement for a car that has done 2,694 miles in a year!
Used to be 15,500 or every 2nd year, which was a perfect balance of servicing and preventative observation. Now its 15,500 or 12 months.

2. High cost to update Comand circa £156 discounted :-/ ... should be £30 for a dvd.

3. Impossible to upload Speed Cameras to POI on NTG 3.0

4. Slight niggle ... the official AMG exhaust upgrade that costs £1100 (very reasonable) needs the AMG rear bumper £££££s :(:(

5. Lack of Dual Jack pads especially at the rear ... one for the jack to raise it, and one to place the car on once its up. The front does have one extra central one.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
When I'm warm and cozy inside, I don't realise it's freezing outside.

With my preferred dash display (digital speedo) the outside temperature does not show so I have to select a different screen to see if it's freezing. BMWs (and even SWMBO's Mini) sound an alarm and give a warning when the temperature gets down to 3°C

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
When I'm warm and cozy inside, I don't realise it's freezing outside.

With my preferred dash display (digital speedo) the outside temperature does not show so I have to select a different screen to see if it's freezing. BMWs (and even SWMBO's Mini) sound an alarm and give a warning when the temperature gets down to 3°C
agreed that bad. even my Mondeo, which will be 7 years old in November, has a yellow 'snowflake' appear on the dash at 4 degrees or less, and it changes to a red one at 0 or lower

anglaslt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
LHD B63S Brabus (CL63 AMG) and RHD BMW X3 M40i
Foot operated parking brake on E400 Coupe.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom