Any pet hates on your MB?

Sasha94

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 CLK55 AMG
The bootlid design catches me out on the 209, any decent coating on the paint makes it drip puddles onto the boot carpet, lack of cup holders in the front (though it has them in the back!), the lack of a mono adjustment setting on the climate control so you have to do both sides separately, the massive clock but lack of calendar. Volvo also guilty of this. 2 clocks in the car and no calendar! My Audi had a clock and a calendar, it’s always handy.

All nitpick points though and the clever design touches more than outweigh the minor misses.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
...., the lack of a mono adjustment setting on the climate control so you have to do both sides separately, ......

This surprised me when I bought my Merc when even my humble Vauxhall Omega used to change the temp on both sides of the car when altered from the driver's side. Any adjustment from the passenger side stayed as set until the next time the car was used.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)

This surprised me when I bought my Merc when even my humble Vauxhall Omega used to change the temp on both sides of the car when altered from the driver's side. Any adjustment from the passenger side stayed as set until the next time the car was used.
That's been sorted now. Mine has a "Zone" button which, when selected, means that the passenger side mirrors the driver side setting. Adjusting the passenger side means it reverts to independent settings.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
That's been sorted now. Mine has a "Zone" button which, when selected, means that the passenger side mirrors the driver side setting. Adjusting the passenger side means it reverts to independent settings.

The auto climate on my Omega did that all by itself ;)

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
The auto climate on my Omega did that all by itself ;)
asit does in the Mondeo, unless you switch the 'mono' function off then each side can be set independently

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
The IR window closing/opening. I've had it on other cars that work through an RF system. IR is just pointless to the point I don't use it at all. :p

Wipers, namely automatic wipers. I've had them on my previous Alfa 159 and this. I used to complain bitterly about what a waste of time they were on the Alfa as they had their own mind. Sometimes they'd wipe when there was no need and then not when there was.
This MB seems worse. I think in both cases it has to do with how clean the screen is to start with. The MB has a very marked screen (stone chips etc) and the wipers although not worn seem to smear. So when I switch the wipers on they just wipe continuously until I get annoyed and turn them off. Effectively there is no intermittent. :(

There are three small cracks in the windscreen two of which have occurred since I bought it. I need them fixing or ideally a new windscreen which might make a difference. New wiper blades also on order.

Lastly the wiper switch itself. I can't see what it is set on because the steering wheel spoke covers it. This is only and issue when I start the car because once I'm moving due to the problem mentioned they just wipe anyway after a minute or so :D I find myself twisting my head at daft angles trying to see past it.

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
The remote buttons are too easy to get pressed when it's in a pocket.

If you unlock the car doors by accident it re locks after a short period but the boot just flies open and stays open with a long accidental press of the boot button.
As Emilys Dad said earlier, it works over a huge distance, this means I have to take the keys out of my pocket and put them on the table even if I just stop for a coffee at a cafe.
A double press within 2 seconds would have been much better.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
The remote buttons are too easy to get pressed when it's in a pocket.

If you unlock the car doors by accident it re locks after a short period but the boot just flies open and stays open with a long accidental press of the boot button.
As Emilys Dad said earlier, it works over a huge distance, this means I have to take the keys out of my pocket and put them on the table even if I just stop for a coffee at a cafe.
A double press within 2 seconds would have been much better.
Don't wear such tight trousers! :confused:

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
The speedo is hard to read in our S212 when its a bit gloomy outside but not dark enough for the lights to switch on automatically.

CowleyStJames

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz E63s, Old knackered G wagon
The speedo is hard to read in our S212 when its a bit gloomy outside but not dark enough for the lights to switch on automatically.

You know you have a switch don't you?

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021

Yes this is one problem I have noticed, only in certain light conditions though.

My normal sight is good but I do need readers so not sure if non glasses wearers would notice this.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
Yes this is one problem I have noticed, only in certain light conditions though.

My normal sight is good but I do need readers so not sure if non glasses wearers would notice this.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I notice this as well and sometimes turn on the parking lights to illuminate the dash on my W204

anglaslt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
LHD B63S Brabus (CL63 AMG) and RHD BMW X3 M40i
Maybe try using the digital speedo? It's much easier to read.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Maybe try using the digital speedo? It's much easier to read.
Yes, but then you lose the temperature and miles. All it would need is the instruments to be permanently illuminated... I mean, a grey needle on grey background - who ever thought that was a good idea?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
All it would need is the instruments to be permanently illuminated

those of us that have cars with such a system agree (mostly) that its a terrible idea (unless you have auto lights)

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
those of us that have cars with such a system agree (mostly) that its a terrible idea (unless you have auto lights)
I've had Citroens and a Lexus that had the dash permanently illuminated and never had a problem with it... The Lexus 'Optronic' instruments were the best. And the S212 has auto lights.

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
The HVAC system on my CLS is not a patch on my old Lexus (Gs300 2002).

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom