Any F1 fans

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
Well Hamilton certainly needs some luck to go his way after being robbed of the title last year.
He wasn't robbed he was beaten fair and square. Stop making up excuses for Drama Queen Elton John Hamilton. He's annoying in that he loves everybody and then when he's losing the team are a bunch of arses.
Don't tell us he had more unreliability than Rosberg because if you check previous season stats Rosberg had more unreliability than Elton in the seasons Drama Queen won.

Vettel is no angel (and a bit of a knob at times on track) but he's a far better spokesperson for F1 and as good as a driver. As is Alonso.

I'm hoping the Merc has some catastrophic failure to liven it up a bit. Bottas is only 13 points I think, behind Vettel which spruces up the 2nd place challenge.

There is another reason and being a Ferrari fan (I only watch F1 because of Ferrari) my CLK is looking a bit worse for wear on the roof. I wack it every time they beat a Ferrari :D

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
He wasn't robbed he was beaten fair and square. Stop making up excuses for Drama Queen Elton John Hamilton.

You are wrong. Hamilton benefitted from Rosbergs bad fortune in 2013.
Last season Hamilton lost the title due to various faults with his car. I'd say he was robbed of 25 pts at Malaysia when his engine blew when he was leading by a distance. That is being robbed.

Don't tell us he had more unreliability than Rosberg because if you check previous season stats Rosberg had more unreliability than Elton in the seasons Drama Queen won.

He did have more unreliability. What happened in previous seasons isn't the point. You are talking about 2016.
Its obvious your dislike of Hamilton is clouding your judgement.
Have a read and see how wrong you are.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24...w-unlucky-has-lewis-hamilton-been-this-season

Tony MB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz CLK 240 Elegance 2003 V6 petrol
He wasn't robbed he was beaten fair and square. Stop making up excuses for Drama Queen Elton John Hamilton. He's annoying in that he loves everybody and then when he's losing the team are a bunch of arses.

Vettel is no angel (and a bit of a knob at times on track) but he's a far better spokesperson for F1 and as good as a driver. As is Alonso.

I'm hoping the Merc has some catastrophic failure to liven it up a bit. Bottas is only 13 points I think, behind Vettel which spruces up the 2nd place challenge.

There is another reason and being a Ferrari fan (I only watch F1 because of Ferrari) my CLK is looking a bit worse for wear on the roof. I wack it every time they beat a Ferrari :D

Well said Malc ........I would never take it out on my car though......But the cat has to watch out ;)

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
You are wrong. Hamilton benefitted from Rosbergs bad fortune in 2013.
Last season Hamilton lost the title due to various faults with his car. I'd say he was robbed of 25 pts at Malaysia when his engine blew when he was leading by a distance. That is being robbed.

He did have more unreliability. What happened in previous seasons isn't the point. You are talking about 2016.
Its obvious your dislike of Hamilton is clouding your judgement.
Have a read and see how wrong you are.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24...w-unlucky-has-lewis-hamilton-been-this-season

It's only like me saying Vettel is being robbed because of a Spark plug. Hamilton was not robbed he just had more bad luck as did Rosberg in previous seasons and as such Rosberg was the better driver/engineers.

http://f1statblog.co.uk/2016/11/rosberg-vs-hamilton-vs-mercedes/
Mentions 2014 and 2015 where Rosberg had more issues. Fact is 2014 and 2015 Hamilton won because he was more consistent and had less reliability issues and was simply faster and better than Rosberg but it is all part of racing.

My point was he was not 'robbed' of it, him, his engineers and his car did not perform as well as Rosberg's just as Rosberg, his engineers and his car did not previous years.

I don't dislike Hamilton at all and would love it for him to drive for Ferrari. I'm not particularly a Vettel fan and much prefer Kimi but today Vettel is the better driver.
I'm a Ferrari fan and that of any drivers who are currently driving for them. That said I recognise the superb talent Hamilton has and he is certainly an exceptionally good driver, but I think if the Ferrari had been a bit more reliable than it has of late and Vettel stopped hitting :p other cars it would have been so much closer than it is. Which is a shame for all F1 fans whoever they support because there is not much left to see as it is most likely been decided.
However I acknowledge that MB and its drivers have been far more consistent (and therefore better) than Ferrari :). I mean just look at the Constructors points!

Tony, I don't really bash my Merc, in fact I love it, one of the best cars I've owned. I'm late to MB, though it is my third German brand the only major two I've not had are Porsche and BMW.

Tony MB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Tony, I don't really bash my Merc, in fact I love it, one of the best cars I've owned. I'm late to MB, though it is my third German brand the only major two I've not had are Porsche and BMW.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you don't Malc.....I am also late to own MB, I've had Beemers in the past but became disillusioned with them of late.
Not sure I want a Porsche maybe a 911 but for now I'm more than happy with the CLK

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The mark of a good racing driver is to be able in the heat of the moment to apply the old adage of 'To finish first, first you must finish'.
Reliability issues can stem from the way the driver treats the car. I used to know a guy who was blindingly quick but he was so hard on the cars they often broke hence his actual finishing results rarely reflected how quick he was.
Whilst there can be a degree of luck as well the driver and team around him make a lot of the luck themselves. Mishandling of parts or tools can all contribute to a failure as much as poor driving technique and a lack of mechanical sympathy. For example if a mechanic drops a part it can develop a weakness that isn't apparent at the time. A micro defect that slowly develops can stop a car as effectively as anything else. A miscalibrated torque wrench can be just as bad etc.

At this level of motorsport very little is left to 'luck'.

For example...
When I was doing WRC work we had a strict regime of checks and tear downs between events and another set of regimes on events. After every event almost each suspension component would be removed and crack tested, visually inspected for damage and anything suspect would be renewed. Same with transmissions (we had a gearbox weakness so were very careful about them - stripped between events and rebuilt). Engines would typically have a mid season strip down.
Each service break we would spanner check the car - every nut and bolt on each corner would be checked for tightness, every component visually inspected. Fluid levels would be checked at each stop. Pads visually checked each stop. Seat mountings checked, seatbelts checked the list was endless yet we usually accomplished it inside 20 minutes because we practised it again and again.
F1 will be even more rigorous (and easier in some ways as you haven't got mud dripping down on you all the time and you aren't lying in puddles or on rocks or ditches). The biggest difference with F1 is you also have zero time to fix anything so pre-race checks are even more rigorous.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Watched qualifying last night. Will actually watch the race tonight, a first for a long time. Hopefully it will be a good race and not a procession.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
That introducing the driver's section really was cringeworthy. Wouldn't have been so bad if the commentator sounded like he knew who the driver's were....

But great win for Lewis and stunning drive from Max. Shame about the penalty.

Tony MB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Great race from start to finish ......I think the stewards were "knit picking" with Verstappen and why give him penalty points as well as taking the podium place away.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
stunning drive from Max. Shame about the penalty.

Love watching Ves drive, he is a breath of fresh air BUT have to agree with the penalty, he undertook Kimi and was 4 wheels off the track.

They need to sort it for next year as it appears you don't have to use the black stuff so I expect loads of orange sausage kerbs to appear

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
That over(under)take by Max V on the last lap was great, it was a brilliant drive, and he surely will be champion in the not too distant future.

F1 needs some overtaking excitement on track, not just via well judged pitstops- let's hope for more battles like this on track.

Hamilton is great too, yes he may have questionable fashion sense :) but once he's on the track he gets the job done, it will be interesting next season if Red Bull can really challenge Mercedes....

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I was gutted Ves had a penalty - he drove superbly, but as JBell said he was 4 wheels off the track (albeit incredibly briefly) to make the pass. There were numerous other drivers who were at time 4 wheels off the track and were not penalised so I do think the officials need to sort out their consistency somewhat. Still Ferrari always have benefitted from inconsistent policing of the regulations....

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom