Diesels and Hybrids

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Put another way. A carmaker makes its profit from selling cars to dealerships (NOT the end user- the dealership makes its profit from selling cars to end users).

The Total Delivered Cost of cars is a very strictly confidential figure. But occasionally snippets do get released and I've seen the following figures for the Toyota Avensis. This was the most profitable car ever launched at the time:

Cost of parts, labour, plant and other overheads- £6,700.
Transfer cost to dealership: £7,300- 7,500.
Sale price: £12,840

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
. They struggled to accept my point
The other point they didn't get

Ive been on a speed awareness course, and it's not worth trying to argue any points. Best case they are not interested in a debate, worse you can actually be failed for not accepting the party line. And then you end up with the points anyway.

Just nod and say "yes" sometimes.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Transfer cost to dealership: £7,300- 7,500.

WHAT?????

Such a shame we cant buy direct. I dont want or need a main dealer, I dont want my car unveiling like its a ****ing Dali masterpiece. I dont need instructions on how to drive from some feotus saleschild. Just roll it off the line, give me the keys and **** off.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
WHAT?????

Such a shame we cant buy direct. I dont want or need a main dealer, I dont want my car unveiling like its a ****ing Dali masterpiece. I dont need instructions on how to drive from some feotus saleschild. Just roll it off the line, give me the keys and **** off.

Bear in mind that was 1997 money. And the warranty is applied at the dealership......

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Ive been on a speed awareness course, and it's not worth trying to argue any points. Best case they are not interested in a debate, worse you can actually be failed for not accepting the party line. And then you end up with the points anyway.

Just nod and say "yes" sometimes.

Interestingly both of the 'presenters' and all the criminals enjoyed the debate. There was no mention of getting points, the destructions clearly stated an expectation to engage in the subject matter presented on the course.

I had 3 separate invitations for that course, so was going to get my money's worth :rolleyes::rolleyes: Apparently you only get 1 chance per 3 years o_Oo_O

It's not in my genes to blindly accept falsehoods and stupidity presented by muppets :eek::eek:

One guy, who was bricking it as he was on mega points and at risk of disqualification, also debated points. As I left on the M25 to meet my wife and daughter her overtook me in roadworks, on the phone and doing well over the posted limit. He was there as he had been caught twice in 1 week speeding in roadworks on the M25. So the course evidently didn't work for him :p:p

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You have to engage or theoretically they can fail you if they think you are not paying attention. I guess it depends on the presenter, the one I had just wanted us to nod and agree.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
ok, devils advocate with the adblue tank time. I'm assuming (as ive never had need to look into these yet) that the adblue is injected into the exhaust, so the tank COULD be placed literally ANYWHERE in the car? so instead of scrapping the spare wheel and toolkit (which is only done to get weight down for emissions but should IMO be a legal requirement) we have all those voids in cars which are unused which COULD house an adblue tank. like between the outer and inner wings at the front, or between the outer panels and the trims at the rear, for example. or how about under the boot floor but instead of replacing the spare wheel well, how about wrapping it AROUND the spare wheel well? most cars still only have the exhaust at 1 side, why not utilise the space at the other side? if it was made accessible enough, easy and clean enough for people to top up, id imagine most people would top it up like they do with screenwash. as long as they don't make the car not start if the system runs out of adblue.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
ok, devils advocate with the adblue tank time. I'm assuming (as ive never had need to look into these yet) that the adblue is injected into the exhaust, so the tank COULD be placed literally ANYWHERE in the car? so instead of scrapping the spare wheel and toolkit (which is only done to get weight down for emissions but should IMO be a legal requirement) we have all those voids in cars which are unused which COULD house an adblue tank. like between the outer and inner wings at the front, or between the outer panels and the trims at the rear, for example. or how about under the boot floor but instead of replacing the spare wheel well, how about wrapping it AROUND the spare wheel well? most cars still only have the exhaust at 1 side, why not utilise the space at the other side? if it was made accessible enough, easy and clean enough for people to top up, id imagine most people would top it up like they do with screenwash. as long as they don't make the car not start if the system runs out of adblue.

On the W221 the AdBlu tank was under the spare wheel, and the car had a skinny spare c/w tool kit. Exhaust pipes were both sides at the rear with the generic twin tail outlets that are now derigour on MB AMG line models. W222 has the AdBlue in the same panel as the diesel behind the full filler flap, so an advancement as the AdBlue came in mid term on the W221 life time.

On the GLE no idea where the AdBlue tank is, the filler is in the same panel as the diesel filler behind the exterior flap. Easier to fill if required, by pump at petrol station easier than decanting bottles, or let the Service Plan deal with it. Skinny spare wheel and tool kit under the boot floor. The rear apron has the derigour twin exhaust fake outlets as the actual exhaust is on the nearside just behind the rear axle, nowhere near the rear of the car.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
at least you still have a spare wheel. as for the 'fake' exhaust tailpipes in the bumpers, I think it was Honda that started that idea with the Civic. stupid idea IMO. what was wrong with hiding the exhaust like early 203s, or just having it in a bumper cut-out/shaped section?

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom