Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
My most unwanted sight is Barnier and Davis cheerful and relaxed with most points covered and wrapped up months early.

I do not want anything given over without claw marks, blood and some of Davis's teeth on it.

This preposterous notion of sitting around a table and happily agreeing everything is like something out of "Local Authority monthly"
The divorce bill *%*f**k I want maintenance, the dog, the flippin lot but they can keep the kids they can go back.

That drippy loser Clegg is doing the rounds trying to sell his book and seems to want to "try" the divorce and go back to being married if he's not happy with his lot later.

It is abundantly clear that we are in a strong position and Barnier et al do not like it otherwise the smug one would simply tell us to take it or leave it.
The German,French,Italian Industrialists and the massive farming lobby etc want our business.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Funny how Germany and France are some of least in favour of a deal then....

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Only in public to pacify the short thinkers, why would any country want to lose our custom ?
They are trying to appease the die hard eurocrats in public but trade and essentially money will win the day.
The EU superstate dreamers are like any cult they don't want paying mugs to leave.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Frankly none of it is a surprise. It is neither as rosy as we might like as brexiters but it is not as bad as remainers like Dave would paint it.

Negotiations never go as quick as anyone would want.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There's a pic going round Facebook that says "a foreign accent is a sign of bravery".

What??? What does that even mean?

Does that mean when I'm on holiday in menorca I'm a hero? You want to try having a northern accent in London.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Your right there is simply too much to talk about for a quick resolution.
Unravelling everything that has been agreed and foisted on us since 1973 will take time, the remoaners revel in the thought of disarray and the hardened brexiteers want us out at all costs asap.
I am happy to see the negotiations grind out at a slower pace.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41604675

I want to see it done right, and I do believe that ultimately all the EU countries want it to be sorted out. There are whole swathes of farmland across the EU that are dedicated to producing food for the UK market. It is NOONE's interest to see this fail. As time goes on I think various lobbies - farming, automotive, industry etc. will put pressure on their governments.

Yes, of course it will be difficult, noone wants to give too much away, no leader wants to seem weak.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Anyone remeber the EU's assertion that "nothing is agreed until everything is agreed"?

If that's the case, what the hell does it matter what bits ofd the negociations get agreed first?

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Unfortunately the media/press aggravate the situation by reporting anything that gets them headlines and causes a sensation it's all par for the course. I look on the negotiations in the context of trying to leave a members club but wanting to retain some use of the facilities, the initial shock period is over and all that remains is to come up with the best deal which will be to the benefit of both parties

All media outlets are frustrated when they are living off scraps of information and second guessing what's going on and this does no one any favours

Apart from the actual negotiators opinions, and they are saying very little, the rest is a side show of bravado mostly by politicians who know little more than the press but can't resist a soap box, sound bite or whatever you want to call it opportunity

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41604675

I want to see it done right, and I do believe that ultimately all the EU countries want it to be sorted out. There are whole swathes of farmland across the EU that are dedicated to producing food for the UK market. It is NOONE's interest to see this fail. As time goes on I think various lobbies - farming, automotive, industry etc. will put pressure on their governments.

Yes, of course it will be difficult, noone wants to give too much away, no leader wants to seem weak.

Interesting.
The simple fact the EU are willing to discuss amongst themselves the form any trading deal would take suggests they are not so intransigent as people make out and re prepared to work on multiple streams in parallel. If they were intransigent then they would take a very linear approach.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Indeed - I've been guilty of accusing them of that, I found that piece of news very interesting. I do wonder if very little will ever be announced to the general public until an actual deal can be displayed.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Interesting.
The simple fact the EU are willing to discuss amongst themselves the form any trading deal would take suggests they are not so intransigent as people make out and re prepared to work on multiple streams in parallel. If they were intransigent then they would take a very linear approach.

EU politicians of all flavours would be seriously neglecting their duty if this wasn't so especially our German friends who dislike disorder above all else. I wouldn't want to be a career politician of one of the 27 remaining states on the receiving end of failed Brexit negotiations which led to the loss of jobs, that would be the end of their career and possibly the party they represent, Merkel for example has other problems to contend with, mass immigration without a mandate for one

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EU politicians of all flavours would be seriously neglecting their duty if this wasn't so especially our German friends who dislike disorder above all else. I wouldn't want to be a career politician of one of the 27 remaining states on the receiving end of failed Brexit negotiations which led to the loss of jobs, that would be the end of their career and possibly the party they represent, Merkel for example has other problems to contend with, mass immigration without a mandate for one
Job losses in the EU would be far less than in the UK.
14% of Germany's car production comes to the UK. Compare that to 56% of vehicles produced in the UK go to the EU.
Who will hurt most?

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
800,000 new German cars find their way into the UK pa, a sobering thought for the manufacturers with a large proportion high end vehicles. If goodwill evaporates the UK manufacturers will benefit massively

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
800,000 new German cars find their way into the UK pa, a sobering thought for the manufacturers with a large proportion high end vehicles. If goodwill evaporates the UK manufacturers will benefit massively
How do you figure that when 56% of their exports are to the EU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom