Ml 270 cdi water pump removal

Dragonml

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml270cdi mk1
Hi
I need some help again please.
I need to remove water pump from ml 270cdi.
Dose anyone have any tips instructions how to?
I had a look but want to know do i have to remove electric fan etc,what else needs removing to get to all the bolts.
If anyone has done a job before ?
Water pump is seizing ones warmed up,bearing must be knacked.
It works good then water pump pulley just stops rotating for 10 sec then starts again.
There is some noise too.
Please if anyone has any tips for me.
Thank you

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Once you get the fan shroud and the poly belt off, you should have enough room to take the water pump off. If I recall, the front end of a 270 engine is the same as a 220, just further forward and the waterpump attaches with a number of TORX bolts. Again, if I recall, they'll come off and go on with careful use of an 8mm hex socket. Depending on where you buy your new pump, the hole for the bolt which takes the idler pulley isn't threaded and the bolt cuts its own thread. You'll need to be very careful to put the bolt in exactly straight so that the belt is "straight". Do this before you put the pump on the engine. Further, my last new pump came with a recessed rubber gasket which needs the opposing face to be well cleaned. Put the securing bolts in hand tight plus another turn max so as not to strip the threads in the engine. Have a look at the photos on the Euro Car Parts site.

OP
D

Dragonml

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml270cdi mk1
Thank you ao much.
As i am working job will have to wait till Wednesday.
Bleeding fan and shroud hope that comes off easy enough.
Got the water pump from ecp better one they do two i think its kws make i used them on pug,citroen,fords before without a problem.
Thanks for help.
Still dont understand the idler pully bolt why is it designed that way without tread for bolt.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Here you go:

Attachments

• 612 water pump.pdf
    137.7 KB · Views: 126
OP
D

Dragonml

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml270cdi mk1
That is awesome pdf
Thanks to both of you lads.