C class 350e

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Are you replying to my comment? If so, I’m not sure what point you are making? My local dealer was amazed that I had managed to achieve 40.3 mpg over the last 10k miles. He said that was one of the highest he had seen. The battery is crap and yet it takes 30% of my boot space.
Just trying to give another side of the story, it's your opinion and your entitled to it but it's not everyone's experience,

Marshall13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e
Does anyone else share my disappointment with their c350e?
I would like to think I'm expecting too much but there are a few people at work with the crappy looking Mitsubishi PHEV ugly thing and they are getting easily +25miles on a full charge (actual distance).
My mate has just got the Golf GTE (yes it is probably lighter) but a constant 28 miles is decent.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I have a colleague at work has the BMW 530e - he only gets 8 miles so don’t be too down!

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
The millage will drop further as it gets colder!

Marshall13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e
I was expecting that to happen Sonic, however even when we hit 30 degrees this Summer it was still woeful.

That does make me think of one of the things I like and that is the pre-heat in the winter. At least when I am getting nowhere on electric my arse is nicely warmed from the off and de-iced (the car, not my arse!)

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
I will admit the Merc des is a poorer implementation of the PHEV cars but rereading your post I’d start to wonder if yours has a particular problem, either that or or go everywhere at full throttle lol

neil in mk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e 2016
Just under 70mpg over 30,000 miles, are you serious? How much is your electricity bill? You must be stopping every 8 miles to charge the ****** thing surely?
No im not kidding. Why would I lie? If you bother reading the whole post you'll see at weekends with lots of local journeys I use no petrol, and on a typical longer journey get decent electrical miles. For example last weekend went to the coast. Return journey of 260 miles, with no plug in charging over the weekend, and did 48 miles on electric. Re the cost of charging, I have no idea. But i do know my electricity bill has not noticeably changed. I read somewhere it's £1 per full charge.

Marshall13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e
I will admit the Merc des is a poorer implementation of the PHEV cars but rereading your post I’d start to wonder if yours has a particular problem, either that or or go everywhere at full throttle lol
I would be flooring it if I could afford it! It also doesn’t help my company has capped my business

maddog167

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e 2017
I've had the C305e for 8 months now and I'm very disappointed with the battery performance. A full charge at home takes approx 3.5 hours from a domestic socket (I haven't paid for the "fast charger" station at home). The battery only ever shows as having a maximum 16 mile range when it's fully charged but I never achieve anything close to 16 miles in actual distance covered on electric. I don't think I'm particularly heavy footed but the electric range indicator drops drastically as soon as you start to drive - it's down to 8 miles within 2 miles of my house! Note - I usually run it in "Hybrid" mode.

I admit that I took the C305e for the reduced BIK on the company car, and it's clear that Mercedes have designed the battery to be only just good enough to cover the 10 miles on the EU emissions test. I do however find it very frustrating that they couldn't have put in a slightly better battery that would cover, say, 20 miles between charges on a normal urban cycle.

Top Bottom