Iphone 8 Bluetooth problems

Jimmyd_uk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C63 507
Hi there, upgraded my IPhone to an 8 and IOS11. Phone connects to command alright but Bluetooth connection drops out ever minute or so and re-connects. Extremely annoying and affects the Sat Nav traffic. Also seems to happen with my Mercedes-me adaptor. Only started with the new Phone. Apple say it's not a problem. Anyone else experiencing any issues?

Same week I also had my command system updated by Merc when I had a service! So not sure who's at fault.

Cheers

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sorry only got a 7+ on iOS 11 and that seems stable.

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
Mine is a 7 Plus on iOS 11 and will sometimes drop connection once in the first 30 seconds, reconnect and be fine there after.

Sigoodall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A207 E220/2013/Diesel
A couple of things to try:
1) Are there any other phones paired with your Command unit? If so delete them an whilst you are in that menu delete your own phone and re-pair it with Command.
2) Turn off your Wi-Fi whilst in the car. The phone will hunt for and try to connect to open Wi-Fi networks as you are grabbing live traffic data, and this may cause the Bluetooth connection to falter.

OP
J

Jimmyd_uk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C63 507
Thanks for the reply. Deleted all the phones from my command, even reset the system so been down that route. Also, reset everything on my IPhone as well. Good pointer towards turning off the Wi-Fi I'll give that a go and see ...... surprised no-one else is having an issue, looks like it might be my phone then.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
May be not everyone upgrades their phones when a new one comes out?? :shock:

Having said that I did change my iPhone 6S Plus to an iPhone 8 Plus last week as my contract was up. I now pay less per month for more, and got £220 back on the old phone.

When I realised I hadn't connected the new phone to the car as it has the same name having been backed up, it was easiest to delete the old one from Comand, then pair the new one. Took a few seconds. I use the Comand sat nag. Haven't connected Apple Car Play as my toons are on my iPod or stick or disc. I now put the phone in the armrest to charge on a USB with an Anker short cable (Anker recommend from Carl350 on here) and don't answer it on the move.

There was great fanfare around the new function in iOs11 about the driving mode and you can choose not to have the phone on, or if a passenger tell the phone it's ok to answer calls / texts / e-mails etc, a better function would be to turn the effing thing off when driving, a more sensible use of technology. A number of companies are introducing no answering when travelling policies.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I doubt your issue, but apple software has to be the worst thrown together by anyone.

what a load of rubbish, randomware would be the best description,

it was nasty and quirky before, but iOS11 takes it to another level (and all three updates since) it sees features randomly work and on photos one minute is swipe top to bottom the next its side to side...

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
my iPhone X works fine with my Command system, phone book comes up and I can stream music too without any issues. Mine also W204 face lift, I think its your phone dude...

Also saying that my iPhone X works fine in my sisters BMW 116i F21 and the B Class too.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
^ ooooh get you with your iPhone X !!

OP
J

Jimmyd_uk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C63 507
Actually, I've been into Apple, they told me Mercedes are the problem, IPhone 8 uses Bluetooth 5 not Bluetooth 4. Their website says they don't support IPhone 8 or X

upload_2017-11-19_9-3-37.png

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
You have a C63 right? I have C250 both W204 shape and face lift too?

my X works fine and not once it ever disconnected. Perhaps delete all paird phones on your command system and start again?

OP
J

Jimmyd_uk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C63 507
Hi there SunnyDee, yip C63 507 - tried deleting everything off command, even reset. Also tried disabling Wi-Fi on the phone, still no luck. Works with IPhone 6 and 5 no problem. Picking up replacement Iphone8 at the weekend, see if that does the job... :)

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
Good luck... I strongly believe its your phone mate.

Damian Davis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E63 AMG Saloon 2007
Could be the fact that the 8 uses Bluetooth 5 ? My 8+ works fine but with a replacement head ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Its not the first time that MB have had issues with phones pairing with bluetooth. I remember blackberry being a nightmare when they were launched. MB eventually released a software flash of the comand to sort the issue out.

Its definitely a hardware fault. More than likely down to your car hardware being made in 2010 (even though its a 2014 car) and your phone being made in 2017, thats a tech jump of 7+ years.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom