Sat navigation update w212

Medntee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w220 s class
Hi all
I have a Mercedes e350 w212 2012 I've been told by a dealer that my car has to go in to Mercedes for sat navigation update is that correct or can I buy a disc

Thanks
Kristian

OP
M

Medntee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w220 s class
Wow mercedes only quoting me 110

CowleyStJames

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz E63s, Old knackered G wagon
Comand online has always been expensive

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Comand online has always been expensive

Nope, MB have a special offer on at the moment BUT you have to check it applies to your car, some on here have been quoted £200

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
I did mine at Mercedes some 6 or so months ago at £110. Mine lives on the HDD of 4.5.
The only annoyance was that they kept my car running while doing the update instead of hooking it up to a trickle charger like they should.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I did mine at Mercedes some 6 or so months ago at £110. Mine lives on the HDD of 4.5.
The only annoyance was that they kept my car running while doing the update instead of hooking it up to a trickle charger like they should.

Can’t believe they did that unless it was necessary for some reason. Isn’t the update circa 1hr?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

I just turned to COMAND on and stuck the disks in (NTG4), let it go, no need for trickle charging or to keep the engine running, took about 1hr 30mins, no issues at all

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
IIRC you need ignition on (pos 3 just before the starter motor kicks in) or Comand will shut down after about 10-15 mins. That happened to me first time I attempted an update, second time I left the engine running and the full NTG4 update took 2 1/4 hours hence my recommendation to connect a battery charger while updating - which I've done twice since but am now on V12 and can't go further (early NTG4 with small nav partition on HDD).

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
IIRC you need ignition on (pos 3 just before the starter motor kicks in) or Comand will shut down after about 10-15 mins. That happened to me first time I attempted an update, second time I left the engine running and the full NTG4 update took 2 1/4 hours hence my recommendation to connect a battery charger while updating - which I've done twice since but am now on V12 and can't go further (early NTG4 with small nav partition on HDD).

Same here COMAND shuts down after 15mins so would have to use a trickle charger

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I just turned to COMAND on and stuck the disks in (NTG4), let it go, no need for trickle charging or to keep the engine running, took about 1hr 30mins, no issues at all
I just went for a drive when my SL’s new nav discs were updating- about an hour and a bit- all good

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500

very risky.

my car (not this system) does it in 45 minutes, the user instructions from merc specifically state to do it stationary with the engine running

for any brand of vehicle - never try to do anything on a car with software without some form of additional power supply
that really means diagnostic scanning too

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom