RE: Part number for rear bumper

AndrewCS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class W169 A150 manual 2006 - 55k
Greetings,

Just joined up the forum.

I own a 2005 W169 A170 and someone dinged my rear bumper - is it possible to get the MB part number for this as I intend to look for a used one as a new on is £370 from MB and they wont give me the part number.

Many thanks for any input

Regards

Andrew

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
If it is only dinged or dented it can generally be repaired, and a good repair will never be visible.
If you are looking for a second hand bumper the breakers don't work with part numbers, they will know which 'years' and types of bumpers will fit your car.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Andrew and welcome!

In addition to the excellent link posted by LostKiwi above, if you want an exact part number (with corresponding paint and package codes), email me your VIN, and I'll look it up for you :)

david.glk @ mail.com (not gmail, just mail)

Also, in the above link, make a note of part 60 (left and right) - quite often, when rear bumper on 169 suffers even lightest impact, the lugs holding its sides (the line between the wheel arch and the bottom of the tailgate) get broken, and replacing these guides might be a good idea.

Last edited:
OP
A

AndrewCS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Andrew and welcome!

In addition to the excellent link posted by LostKiwi above, if you want an exact part number (with corresponding paint and package codes), email me your VIN, and I'll look it up for you :)

david.glk @ mail.com (not gmail, just mail)

Also, in the above link, make a note of part 60 (left and right) - quite often, when rear bumper on 169 suffers even lightest impact, the lugs holding its sides (the line between the wheel arch and the bottom of the tailgate) get broken, and replacing these guides might be a good idea.

Thank you for the welcome GLK,

Also a big thanks for your offer, my paint shop gave me the MB part number last night , not sure how they got it.

I did order a bumper off e-Bay listed as W169 – 2005 and had it sent to the paint shop but it doesn’t fit hence my thread and now looking to purchase a second hand bumper - mercedes benz part number A1698851725

Thank you your kind offer of assistance. That’s what makes these forums great .

Have a wonderful festive season

Regards

Andrew

OP
A

AndrewCS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If it is only dinged or dented it can generally be repaired, and a good repair will never be visible.
If you are looking for a second hand bumper the breakers don't work with part numbers, they will know which 'years' and types of bumpers will fit your car.
Thank you Xtractor

I did buy one throught e-Bay but is wrong part hence my thread here.

My paint shop did offer to repair but it was going to be more expensive to repair than buy s/h bumper – hassles to find right part not included J

Have a wonderful festive season

Regards

Andrew

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Any chance the paint shop got the wrong number?

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom