Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisknott.co.uk
Your Mercedes
na
Hi,

The BBC News website reports:
"Drivers saw their car insurance premiums rise by an average of £110 in the last year, a comparison site says. More expensive repairs and recent government changes to injury payouts pushed up annual insurance costs by 16%, according to Confused.com. It found drivers paid on average £781 on comparison sites for a comprehensive policy in the year to March 2017. Average premiums are set to rise to a record high and could pass £1,000 next year, it added. Newer vehicles have seen some of the biggest rises, because their increasingly complex electronics have made repairs more expensive...

...The Confused [dot] com research...checks more than four million car insurance quotes."

I just wanted to let you know that the Chris Knott average premium through the club insurance scheme is much lower than that reported on the comparison sites.

In March 2016, Chris Knott's average premium was less than half that at £369. This March (2017) it was £399 - just a £30 increase and still majorly more economical than £781. There's definitely something beneficial for members in using the club scheme through Chris Knott then.

MBO QUOTELINE: 0800 028 6463 - please call us at renewal.

If that's before 1st June you'll also gain entry in the Chris Knott 'British F1 Grandstand Tickets' Prize Draw.

best,
Nick

Recent testimonials from CK customers across the car enthusiast community...

"£367 cheaper than my renewal from flux, £65 cheaper with no limited mileage & all mods covered after shopping around. I am a happy bunny thanks." G30001, R32 Owners Club

"Had my quote matched today so new CK customer on Saturday as of renewal time. Covers all the mods that are planned from the stockpile of parts in the garage that have been collected over the last few months... Spoken to 3 different ladies (Tabitha, Kathy (of Legend) and Rebecca) and the level of customer service has been consistently brilliant with everything being understood first hand and not needing to explain what each mod is." benmellor, GT86/BRZ Drivers Club

"Thank you Daryl for matching a cheaper quote from another insurance company. Guess I will be staying with Chris Knott for another year. :)" Jon Dixon, Facebook

"I may need to hop back to chris knott insurance when my renewal comes through early next month, made the mistake of hopping over to a cheaper provider who has extortionate admin fees." sliced, Audi-Sport.net

"Recently taken a policy out with Chris Knott due to the very competitive quote. I needed to call them to change my reg number as I added my private plate to my car, I braced myself for the "well there's a charge for this and a charge for that" as experienced from other insurance companies, but no! Gave them the new number and that was that, no charge! Well done, credit where it's due!! stchris356, BimmerForums

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Tried CK for a quote today after being mesmerised by the numerous posts from them here trying to sell themselves.

Last year with Admiral - 627 pounds.
This year renewal with Admiral quote - 667 pounds (no changes from last year and no accidents in the year). Joke I thought.
Looked on a comparison site - 518 pounds quote

Then tried CK - apart from speaking to someone who didn't seem interested one bit, the quote was ........... 1200 pounds. No thanks.

Called Admiral renewals, lovely American lady on the phone. Explained I had a quote much lower, same excess etc she said she didn't want to lose a customer etc. Came back and beat the comparison website by 5 pounds.

I note CK post a lot of feedback from thier cutomers on a Mercedes forum. How many of those customers have Mercedes. Take a look!

OP
ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisknott.co.uk
Your Mercedes
na
Hi mioba, I'm sorry we couldn't beat your best alternative on this occasion. If we're quoting that high there must be something about the risk that the club scheme insurers don't like. As for the question about numbers of MBO members posting feedback you can draw your own conclusions but it's not about lack of satisfied policyholders. This club consistently sits high in our top 10 sources of new business and client retention is very high too.

Dell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 B class Exclusive Plus B180
There are some silly prices being quoted my merc fully comp £167.

OP
ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisknott.co.uk
Your Mercedes
na
So, 3 cool things I need to let you know about before I can go on holiday tomorrow...

1. Platinum Supercar Blast plus High-Speed Passenger Ride or Photo - yep, we're running a competition for August. Just ask us to quote for your car insurance this month to gain automatic entry in our draw to win a race track drive in your choice of 6 new supercars at one of 8 track locations nationwide. We'll pick a winner in early September.

MBO QUOTELINE: 0800 028 6463

2. Our Virtual Show & Shine on social media continues (see separate thread). We're inviting all members to post pics of your shiny cars on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts. You need to tag us, tag your club and use the hashtag #ShowShine2017 to qualify. We're offering a prize for the best pic - an Auto Finesse Detailing Kit - 14 items of high quality car cleaning product worth £156.

LINKS: https://www.facebook.com/ChrisKnottIns | https://www.twitter.com/ChrisKnottIns

3. A reminder about GAP Cover from Chris Knott - this is our combined RTI/Finance GAP cover which is significantly cheaper than that offered by car dealers when you buy a car. Check out our cover which fixes your new/nearly-new car's invoice value for 3 years after purchase, meaning you get a better payout in the event of a total loss incident. It'll give you the difference between your motor insurer's payout and the original invoice price or any outstanding finance - whichever is the greater amount - to make sure you can start again, wiping out depreciation.

Have a look, get a quote, or buy online, at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/GAP.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you in a fortnight - a greek beach beckons! :)

best,
Nick

Little bit of feedback:

"Matched my previous quote but with a lot more extras free - spot on and great staff." t500tty, MPS Owners Club

"Matched another quote but benefits were loads better than other option." Kwackadave, MPS Owners

"Been with Chris Knott for about 3 years (been with them for various cars over the years, never had a problem)." Dennis, FocusSTOC

OP
ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisknott.co.uk
Your Mercedes
na
Thanks for a great August you brilliant lot!

Maybe it was our Platinum Supercar Blast prize draw that attracted the calls or perhaps you've heard the feedback about the Chris Knott club and enthusiast scheme.

Either way, we're grateful this end for you helping us to reach 129% of August's new policy target - our best month so far this year! It means we clearly have winning rates to offer members.

September's also looking good so far so please give us a call for a quote if your car insurance is due soon.

QUOTLINE: 0800 028 6463

There are extra benefits of using Chris Knott too:

- Competitive rates - specially negotiated deals for club members/enthusiasts
- Understanding of what your car means to you
- Personal service and attention
- Expert advice from qualified insurance professionals
- Easy access to us via phone, email and social media
- Impartial advice as we're independent from your insurer
- All the ongoing support you need throughout your time with us
- Someone between you and the insurer to help with any claims disputes
- A relationship with your club/forum means we can call on model-specific advice if needed
- Answerable to the club/forum
- A share of our earnings paid to your club for every policy purchased

For a competitive quote for your standard, modified or classic car (and to receive these other valuable benefits) please give us a call.

best,
Nick

PS. we'll be making the Platinum Supercar Blast prize draw this week and announcing the winner here next Monday.

TESTIMONIALS
See what these guys thought of our service recently...

"I've used Chris Knott both direct and through AROC and they always come up with a good deal. They don't throw a hissy fit about mods either." Steve Prill, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"Hi Nick, just been speaking to one of your team (Kathy) she was brilliant and I am going to be insured with Chris Knott Insurance!! Great service." Elli, Saab Owners Club GB

"Thanks for that, did the quote, and it does look very interesting. My wife (who likes small print) is perusing this and we'll get back to you in a few minutes. I have to say, most efficient dealing with an insurance company, ever ;-)" buze, ZRoaster.org

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Frankly I think the whole thing is a "biased" lottery... that the buyer (us!) ought to be able to understand but unless you cand the Telegraph or Times Crossword in 5 x minutes, you have no chance!. So based on information gleaned here and elsewhere, last year our daughter reduced the price (-£35!) of her renewal by adding me (74 years old with no claims in the last 20 years although I think they only asked about the last 10 x years) to her policy as an "other driver". Her car is worth about £2 maybe 3.5K I suppose, and I've driven it on odd occasions over the last few years (sharing miles on a long trip) on my own policy which gives me third party cover (thinking that if I wrote it off, it wouldn't be such a calamity).

- So then along comes this nonsense: add a "senior's" name and address and reduce your policy costs even if the the additional driver never even turns the key!

- I wonder if I can reduce my policy costs by adding a driver aged 95!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
That time again for renewals!
The SL500 went up from £425 to over £700, the insurer got a sharp phone call and the result was back to last years premium :)
The SL55's has come through at £100 cheaper than the 500....Happy days :D

OP
ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisknott.co.uk
Your Mercedes
na
Right, straight in with it...

Congratulations to Philip Appleyard, a member of Volvo Owners Club, for winning our August draw. Philip has won a Platinum Supercar Blast plus High-Speed Passenger Ride or Photo. He gets track time in his favourite new supercar (6 to choose from) at his choice from 8 locations nationwide.

Entrants qualified by requesting a car insurance quote during August (purchase not required).

ANOTHER CHRIS KNOTT COMPETITION
If you like the idea of winning one of our prizes we do have another competition running at the moment - the Chris Knott Virtual Show & Shine which has been going on all Summer on social media.

Simply post a pic of your car with the theme 'Shine' and we'll judge the winner after the closing date but be quick, the closing date is this Thursday!!

Post your pic on either our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages and do these 3 things in the comments...

- @tag Chris Knott Insurance
- use hashtag #ShowShine2017
- @tag your club/forum

We'd love to see your cars!

All this is just a distraction of course - what we'd really like you to do is give us a call for a quote when your car insurance falls due.

MBO QUOTELINE: 0800 028 6463

ONLINE: complete brief info - Chris Knott Callback Form

best,
Nick

Recent testimonials

"Now with CKI through AROC on v6 with a few mods - best price and great service and discount on second vehicle recently insured with them." Mark Byatt, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"Sorted insurance with @ChrisKnottIns -- I have to say they were very efficient, and very competitive, a pleasure to deal with." buze, ZRoadster.org

"You should be jubilant at how amazing you are. Let's do the deal at that." Richard Gregory, MPS Owners Club

"I have a modified GTV myself insured through Chris Knott for the last 10 years....Very good service and a very small premium...give them a call." Martin Lindus, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"Big shout out to Chris Knott, site sponsors at Briskoda.net, advised them of my plans for the car this year, they said just call when you have made the changes etc. New suspension is on - just called them, all done, all promises kept, big thumbs up." David Turner, Briskoda

OP
ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisknott.co.uk
Your Mercedes
na
Hi, two things quickly -

1. COMPETITION
You'll know we've been running the 2017 Chris Knott Virtual Show & Shine on our social media channels - the chance for members to share pics of their cars with us in the hope of winning a decent prize.

We've really loved seeing what cars members drive and from the 200 or so entries it was a tough job to pick a winner. However, I'm pleased to announce the winner of the 2017 Chris Knott Virtual Show & Shine as Ashley Gratton with his MkI Golf.

Full details including the Top 5 finalists' cars here: https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/news/chris-knott-virtual-show-shine-2017-winner.html

2. OFFER ON CHRIS KNOTT'S UK BREAKDOWN COVER
Just to let you know that the current offer is about to expire so you'll need to get in quick if you'd like to benefit. Our comprehensive cover starts at £63 but you can get an extra £5 OFF until the end of September.

Request a quote and buy online at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/mercrescue or call us on 0800 028 6463.

Members of this club have an additional special deal that's always available - cover at least one everyday/modern car and we'll add cover for one classic car free.

best,
Nick

PrinceKing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C220 AMG
They don't offer any discounts yet offer you increased premiums because of the "area" and "statistics". Thats like me telling my customers they need to pay double the amount because "**** you", you don't have a choice ;)

imkaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL350
FYI after using Chris Knott for a couple years, I have found this year they weren't the cheapest to cover me, and got better prices on the comparisons sites, best I got was gocompare.com with Esure. Called Chris Knott about the lower quotes I had, and the weren't able to match it. So you're better off shopping about!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
They don't offer any discounts yet offer you increased premiums because of the "area" and "statistics". Thats like me telling my customers they need to pay double the amount because "**** you", you don't have a choice ;)

Not being nasty or anything, but does this have anything to do with living in Manchester? I've heard before that it's one of the most awkward places to insure a car in due to very high (and very highly localized) street car crime.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
£5 off... wow where do I sign up ... laughable...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicholas15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s class w221 - 2012 350 Bluetec, SL500 r230 2003
FYI after using Chris Knott for a couple years, I have found this year they weren't the cheapest to cover me, and got better prices on the comparisons sites, best I got was gocompare.com with Esure. Called Chris Knott about the lower quotes I had, and the weren't able to match it. So you're better off shopping about!

One car cheaper quote with Chris Knott so went with them, one car more expensive quote that they could not match so went with someone else.

PrinceKing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C220 AMG
Not being nasty or anything, but does this have anything to do with living in Manchester? I've heard before that it's one of the most awkward places to insure a car in due to very high (and very highly localized) street car crime.

Yup unfortunately. Area based, post code based. Ethnic based, name based. Driving history, ncb, black box etc makes no difference. Their "premiums" dont add up either, you can be in m20 post code and pay up the ying yang and be in m21 and pay 300-500£ which are next to each other
if "Manchester" was such a bad area as a whole then everyone should be paying 65% above average. Manchester isn't as bad as its made out to be. There are scammers everywhere and crime everywhere.

For example both my mercs I had both fully comp insurance for my wife and my self separate polices, policy holders and named drivers on each car. £990. With combined ncb 35 years no accidents, no claims, no refused or canceled policies. Renewal quote £2500. Shopped around quotes came back 1400-1600. Exactly how does that algorithm justify me paying £1500? Same insurance company insured my import for £500 following year £950. They tell me its a nominal 12% increase to cover rising expense and inflation. lol WTF now I'm not math genius but the numbers don't add up!!

What do we get for being loyal customers? Clean driving record? We get ****ed. Thats what.

OP
ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisknott.co.uk
Your Mercedes
na
Hi all, Happy New Year!

I just wanted to thank you again if you requested a quote from us last year. And for those of you who took out cover through us we really do appreciate your custom.

I'm keen to know what prizes might interest you this year for our competitions. I was thinking about a Dash-Cam prize for one of them. Would you welcome that? Let me know.

I know we have to be there on price for you first and foremost but a competition always helps encourage members to call us to find out what that price may be.

Please do call us for a quote if your car insurance is due soon.

QUOTELINE: 0800 028 6463

We're good for standard, modified, modern or classic cars. So you can ask us to quote for all the cars in your household and receive discounts for multi-car cover, whether you bring them all at once or separately.

If you prefer us to call you please complete contact details at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote and look out for a callback from 01424 200477.

best,
Nick

Recent Testimonials
We're grateful for those who take the time to post praise of our service and prices. Here's a few of them...

"Anyone who sees this, totally recommend - all my buddies use these! Hopefully these get my monies come Jan - their prices are always brillaint!" amatthews45, DS3 Club

"At last!!! We've been able to shift our insurance for our Giulietta back to Chris Knott. Many thanks to Tabitha for sorting it out for us!!" Gibbo, Alfa Romeo OC

"Just a quick shout of thanks once again to Chris Knott Insurance (Nick Day's crew) for bettering, yet again, the cheapest quote I got for another year of Coupe fun. Many thanks guys (Daryl White's patience for sorting it out and the young lady that did the payment today). Fabulous service." Sherri Joyce, Hyundai Coupe OC

"Hi Kathy, thank you for your very kind efforts to secure me the best deal out there. You don't know how pleasing an experience it is to be on the receiving end of such wonderful and attentive customer service. I am delighted to confirm my intention to proceed. Attached is a copy of my Sxxxxxx renewal notice, and proof of AROC membership." James Barrett, Alfa Romeo Owners Club

"Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Kim and Ian for sorting out my E82 and also the daily Focus diseasel. So easy to deal with and lower premiums with better levels of cover. Very happy with CKI." AndyBish135i, BabyBMWnet

OP
ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisknott.co.uk
Your Mercedes
na
Hi, just thought I'd post to let you know our current competition closes soon, so if you want to be in with a chance of winning a Nextbase Duo HD DashCam (with 32Gb SD Card) you'd better not hang about.

HOW TO ENTER
When you request a Chris Knott Car Insurance quote before 31/3 you gain instant entry in our prize draw. The winner will be chosen at random from our quotes database.

Info on the various ways to request a quote and full competition details here - WIN a DashCam with Chris Knott.

However the quickest way is to just call us on 0800 028 6463 and find out how much you could save by switching your car insurance to Chris Knott/MBO Insurance at renewal.

best,
Nick

Testimonials from car enthusiasts who've recently commented on our service:

"Yeah for what my experience was worth, being a young mid aged driver and having high insurance for my T5 after modding the other insurers all suddenly became an absolute headache and a nightmare with constantly waiting on the phone etc etc. Have always been a bit not sure about these guys here as I always found the comparison sites very easy. On a free day it took no time to call these guys. Spoke to some friendly member of staff who gave me a quote beating everyone else with my mods after a few mins. Was a great service so definite thumbs up." domhart10, Volvo OC

"I have been with Chris Knott for several years (had 1 year elsewhere for all my sins) and I have never had 1 issue with them. I would highly recommend giving them a call and they will do all they can to get you the best deal possible." Kev_mk3, AstraMk3OC

"Just taken my insurance with yourselves and your service was friendly, helpful and the quote process was super-speedy which was nice too. Price was the best on the market and you have given me the confidence that if I need anything you nice people will sort it for me. I was dealt with by Kathy who was great. Thank you again." patriotk11, TT-Forum

"I've been with Chris Knott for the past 18 months, I've added quite a few minor modifications to my policy and always hassle free with no charge." Darran, Fiesta STOC

"Awesome service and extremely helpful staff, would recommend 110%" Matthew G, TrustPilot

Barnacle_Bill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 CDI Sport
I gave Chris a call, and although he couldn't beat the quote I had, he was very helpful and really nice to talk to, I almost felt guilty turning down what he had to offer, I'll keep him in mind though

Pullman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1981 500SL_1999 500SL_(2002 CL600 sold) 2003 500SL
CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Just renewed my insurance for R107 SL500 and W215 CL600 with Chris Knott for under £400 ( limited to 3000miles ) on the same policy …. The CL has been insured with Pete Best in 2016 £224.85 and in 2017 £337.74. Ask for a quote for the CL only, to be told that it would have to be insured as a modern car due to the fact they have changed their insurance companies. This would cost me around £4000 due to the size of the engine. Bit of an increase then from 2016 and 2017 prices.... Only paid around £6000 for it.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom