KillerHERTZ

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
W463 G55 AMG
Hi Guys,

As some of you will be aware/have seen that I have started adding content to my Youtube channel:

www.youtube.com/user/karlkillerhertz

I have bitten the bullet and started talking on the video's now. Its not as easy as it looks talking to a camera/listening to your own voice etc - Yes they are a bit cringy & geeky :D

Anyway, had some positive feedback so will continue.

My question to you guys is, what type of content would you like to see? The recent Photobucket switch off has made it apparent that my 10+ years of modification threads are no longer visible.

Would you like to see video's such as removing/replacing parts? modifications from my old cars?

Or something like a review of a car? - I am in talks to loan a new model for a weekend so can review it from my local MB Dealership

The channel is in its infancy at the moment with poor camerawork and a narrater who isnt yet comfy infront of the camera but this will change in time :)

I look forward to your comments/suggestions and would appreciate if you subscribed :thumb:

Recent videos

2002 Mercedes CLK W209 Complete Dashboard Facelift Conversion:

How To: Change Mercedes COMAND Start Up Logo to AMG:

How To: Access The Hidden Engineer Menu & DVD IN MOTION Mercedes COMAND NTG1:

HOW TO: Remove / Replace Mercedes Class W202 Front Grill

Rest of videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/karlkillerhertz/videos

And again, if you would like to support the channel, please subscribe :D

If they are the worse thing you have ever seen, also let me know :)

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97' C250TD Sport
Definitely needed the W202 grill one, I want to fit the 'avantgarde' grill to mine but need to know where I can get a decent one!

bmush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
04 CLK320
Hi mate,
Am very interested in your w209 facelift service. Is it as simple as buying facelifted aircon, centre control modules and double din kit and bringing you the car? are there any other bits Id need to source?

OP
KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
W463 G55 AMG
Killer wish you al the best in your projects I did subscribe ..
Interested in older models you have done in the past .
Will you be doing more ..

Yeah planning to, far more mods available for older cars - trouble is filming them :)

Hi mate,
Am very interested in your w209 facelift service. Is it as simple as buying facelifted aircon, centre control modules and double din kit and bringing you the car? are there any other bits Id need to source?

Hi there,

facelift cage (I can order for you from MB, its £30) - upper controls, lower controls, either Audio20 if you want OEM or Aftermarket double DIN + Surround :)

(Sorry guys, didnt get email notification of your replies)

rexemper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 - oh yeah!
They look cool. Simple and to the point which is pretty rare these days.

Older models for me too - but that's only because that's what I have. Can't think of anything specific right now that i'd like to see, apart from a video on removing the CD changer from a R230.

Stability

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
Hi Killerhertz,

I’ve got some ideas to help others but I’m not sure how to PM as I’m only on the forum occasionally so not a frequent user.

Send me a PM if your interested

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Had a look at your first video... And would like to comment.
You are doing 'How To' videos . Then you remove the bits and pieces off camera and then go back and show the bits removed.
Now I think people who want to watch How Io Videos want to see HOW TO REMOVE the bits and pieces. This is the necessary and interesting bit.
Even pro's will watch 'How To' videos just to see if there are tips and tricks they can pick up....
You need to film the whole process and then edit out the rubbish....

OP
KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
W463 G55 AMG
Thanks for the comments - are you refering to the CLK video? - if so, Thats not a HOW-TO as such, ive labelled it under my 'Features' section if I was to film every part of that mod, it would be over 8 hours long :) - and about 5 of them would be what was needed to be shown.

rexemper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 - oh yeah!
Had a look at your first video... And would like to comment.
You are doing 'How To' videos . Then you remove the bits and pieces off camera and then go back and show the bits removed.
Now I think people who want to watch How Io Videos want to see HOW TO REMOVE the bits and pieces. This is the necessary and interesting bit.
Even pro's will watch 'How To' videos just to see if there are tips and tricks they can pick up....
You need to film the whole process and then edit out the rubbish....

Not referring to any specific video, but I do agree that seeing / learning how to remove things is an important area and is what puts many people off doing things (fixes, mods etc) that are within their ability. Especially videos that focus (no pun intended) on areas that might be tricky or need extra care.

bmush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
04 CLK320
Yeah planning to, far more mods available for older cars - trouble is filming them :)

Hi there,

facelift cage (I can order for you from MB, its £30) - upper controls, lower controls, either Audio20 if you want OEM or Aftermarket double DIN + Surround :)

(Sorry guys, didnt get email notification of your replies)

Hi mate,
I managed to get upper and lower controls, with cage from ebay as a bundle and a seperate audio 20 unit. Was going to have a go myself, but after removing the existing nav unit there are existing optical connectors and a slightly different connector block to the audio 20 unit. is there an adapter I need to buy, or will the audio 20 harness that came with the unit fit into passenger footwell somewhere?

OP
KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
W463 G55 AMG
You will need a Quadlock converter + the optical cable will not work with the newer unit

Last edited:

Kirbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ECLASS 280 sport,2009,3.0 and SL350 2004
Things to look for when buying certain models

Review of owners cars with them talking as well,things they have done,what to look out for,they bring car to you etc

Cheers

bmush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
04 CLK320
Keep us updated as to how you get on :)

Hi mate, can see why no one wants to do this for themself now , have taken a lot of interiors apart, but whoever designed this one wants seeing to.
I've got everything stripped out but am stuck on the radio cage, seems to be a clip or some fixing at the top rear that I can't see or feel. I did nt want to tear it out and break anything, any ideas?

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom