Detailing a new car

xblackrat

Reaction score
Doncaster Yorkshire and Pershore Worcestershire
Your Mercedes
GLC 220d AMG SUV premium plus and night pack 2018 registered Hyacinth
I am taking delivery of a new car in the next few days. On taking delivery what is suggested regarding treating the exterior and interior etc whilst the car is straight from the dealer. The dealer did say there is a MB paint treatment placed on the car before delivery.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Beware the dealer treatment isn't a chargeable option - we've heard of such sharp practices in the past.
If it refuse it and find a decent detailer to apply a good coating for you.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Maybe they do the treatment for free ?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good username and pic by the way buddy , although just taking your unform off doesn't really make you an ex :D

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Maybe they do the treatment for free ?

They usually leave the kit in the car & tell you it's been done without actually doing anything, and charge 4 or 5 hundred quid!

Russ

Binnedit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 W216
Hmmm.... I would decline their very generous offer, unless its applied at the factory. Get it straight to a recommended detailer who knows what they are about.

Its going to have all sorts of fallout attached to it from the journey from the factory, which I doubt the dealership valeters will have time to shift. I suspect there will be area's on the paintwork that will be marred, and will need correcting. Personally, I would bet a good ceramic coating applied to the paintwork & wheels, and sod the extra expense. It should look stunning!

if no one can recommend, this might be a starting point

https://yellow-1517313951016869700.wp-mountain.co.uk/

PhilH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI BlueEfficiency 2012
You’d be better off not giving your money to MB and getting a professional detailed to do a new car detail. Depending where you are in the country I can highly recommend James Bird

https://www.facebook.com/RemyrocDetailing/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
As above find a good detailer and get it done right

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Try White Details - think he's up your way and seems to turn out very good work.

As above, wouldn't put too much store in dealer prep and application!

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
mate of mine picks his new merc up 1st march , he's taking it to have it detailed straight after taking delivery , he turned down MB offer to do it and is using a trusted local detailer to do the work

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
mate of mine picks his new merc up 1st march , he's taking it to have it detailed straight after taking delivery , he turned down MB offer to do it and is using a trusted local detailer to do the work

Very wise!

Russ

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

The guy I use does it before pick up in the dealers, full G Technique for £4-500 depending on car size

OP
xblackrat

xblackrat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The treatment on the car inside and out is called Star Gard. Apparently all new MB's get this now. I have not been charged for this as a separate item. I have a contact at the dealers and I am aware that this treatment will be done and they will also give me either the kit or what's left of the original kit. I wasn't very happy to discover that the car has 64 miles on the clock as it has been driven from Chesterfield to Doncaster on the motorway so I really need to be picky with my checks on delivery day. The blurb about this treatment says there is no need to polish the car for at least 3 years (in their dreams)

OP
xblackrat

xblackrat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wighty. Most people do not know what a blackrat means and also the meaning of the Avatar logo which is on the car. OOps. that's off subject but thanks for the comment. Seems to be some nice people on here.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
First thing I'd be asking is why it was driven 64 miles! Is it a brand-spanker or simply new to you?

Edit: just re-read opening post... brand spanker!

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
as above , Mercedes Grimsby are selling an e-class coupe as new but it has 600 miles on the clock , wtf ?

lasa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class estate E212/ 2012/E220
MB applied Star Gard to my car, I would not have paid the merc price for it, having it applied for free was part of the deal.

Must say that after 11 months it is holding up impressively well, realistically I do not expect it to hold up much longer given the less than ideal motoring environment in woefully dismal sunny Scotland.

Come the better weather I intend to give the bodywork some TLC.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Wighty. Most people do not know what a blackrat means and also the meaning of the Avatar logo which is on the car. OOps. that's off subject but thanks for the comment. ....

I do .... and no, I'm not nor have I been in that uniform.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wighty. Most people do not know what a blackrat means and also the meaning of the Avatar logo which is on the car. OOps. that's off subject but thanks for the comment. Seems to be some nice people on here.
It's meaning is lost in the mists of time , I know because I was once a "grey mouse" , never managing full black rat status :D

Binnedit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 W216
The treatment on the car inside and out is called Star Gard. Apparently all new MB's get this now. I have not been charged for this as a separate item.

Call me cynical, but that is a 'proper upselling technique - dont give the customer the choice! You may not have been charged separately, but you will have paid for it.

Anyhoo - hope you enjoy your new motor :)

Top Bottom