Its not you... Its me

Wreedie25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250cdi coupe 62 plate
Hi all. Had the Merc just over two weeks now and spent Sunday cleaning the dirty looking calipers up and gave a lick of black paint- much better! It's a 62 plate c250cdi amg sport.
So far, I'm impressed. I do a Bristol commute and it' great at that. Decent music and seats. Good climate control and a generally nice place to be.

My only issue is I still haven't clicked with it. Yes I like it a lot and I even get compliments on it but I don't know what's missing . Maybe it's because it's my first diesel car or maybe its because it doesn't make nice noises. I'm just hoping it wins me over! I've spent a good chunk buying it and therefore want to love it!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hi and welcome. They can take a little while to click but when they do....
I didn't click with either of my SLs at first but now couldn't do without them (other half is forever trying to get me to sell the 129 but no way!)

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
A diesel car is certainly different from a petrol one. I prefer the low down grunt and torque that a diesel gives over the high revving power you get from a decent petrol engine. The 250 is probably not the best diesel engine in terms of refinement and the V6 in the 350 sounds better to my ears. As LK says, it can take a while to click but you obviously like a lot about it so stick with it and give us an update in a couple of months. :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I think some of the not clicking early on can be because some Mercs distance you from the driving experience unlike some BMW's . I find that with my E320cdi , it's effortless and powerful with very little engine noise to remind you you've just accelerated . After 6 years in it I'm happy not to be too fully engaged with our pot hole filled roads . The further I am from the driving experience the better I feel .

OP
W

Wreedie25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250cdi coupe 62 plate
Thanks gents. I hope it does click. I need some time to get used to it I guess. It is a bit of a noisy engine but after commuting in an Isuzu it's not that noticeable. I' impressed with sport mode although feel it goes a bit mad with kickdowns when you stamp. I'll use the paddles more I think! Also don't trust it enough yet to boot it as the feedback is a bit different to my last fast car (bp5 legacy import) as you'd expect.

OP
W

Wreedie25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250cdi coupe 62 plate
I think some of the not clicking early on can be because some Mercs distance you from the driving experience unlike some BMW's . I find that with my E320cdi , it's effortless and powerful with very little engine noise to remind you you've just accelerated . After 6 years in it I'm happy not to be too fully engaged with our pot hole filled roads . The further I am from the driving experience the better I feel .

I was about to compare the steering to a bm. Very different beasts aren't they. The competition was a 3 series coupe to be honest but i liked the Merc more for the commute. The amg kit is a good compromise between soft and m sport/sline.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Try it without sport mode and that may calm down the kick-downs a little and make better use of the diesel torque.

OP
W

Wreedie25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250cdi coupe 62 plate
Does sport open it up I.e. almost a different map or is it solely the box it tweaks?

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
I think I more built up a deep respect for our E-class, rather than a 'liking'.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yeah just hangs on to the revs higher before shifting
Hope you do click, and it’s not like the 18 months I had with the A6 Avant which was lovely in every way, solidly built etc but dull as dishwater

OP
W

Wreedie25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250cdi coupe 62 plate
I think and hope it will get there John. I don't think it's a dull car and it' really good at its job. I would have loved a big petrol engine in it but I do too many miles to warrant it.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I think and hope it will get there John. I don't think it's a dull car and it' really good at its job. I would have loved a big petrol engine in it but I do too many miles to warrant it.
What mpg are you seeing?

OP
W

Wreedie25

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250cdi coupe 62 plate
38ish. Could get above 40 if I was sympathetic though

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom