What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Linuus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 wagon
So today I finish had time to polish my head lamps from very doll to Cristal clear what u think ;)

bded4cf952c92d5766d4655323fc2857.jpg
3863a48a1417cae7aecde853ed2e68fd.jpg
6c935ff4c864073122790ee291b4543f.jpg
01a2ced00120c0ffeca081c51a058590.jpg
6d701a115393f458e71ffb10b6612dc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I think a very good job!

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Went out for lunch and a drive when the outside temp hit a dizzy O C after -7 C this morning. Still surprised the crappy QH thermostat is working, engine temp back to normal and about 35mpg.
Back home and wood stored beside the fire for tonight's forecast arctic blast.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Had the following report from @Welwyn Merx for the 215:

Oil cooler seals leaking.
OSF balljoint dying
Fr discs and pads shot (only did 11k!!!!!!)
NSF balljoint dying
AC condenser dead
NSR ABC strut TOTALLY EXPLODED
NSR brake flex line contaminated.

So. After much pooing of pants and crunching numbers I had another call back. Phil @Welwyn Merx has some very good news for us ABC owners, he now has rebuild capability for all S, CL & SL struts. Cost is significantly reduced over new (now running at £1100/ea). Needless to say I’m taking advantage of this very well timed offer!

Will update on progress as things progress...

Commiserations ....
some repair bill for that lot :(:( even at Phil’s.

That car is definitely not very nice to you!
If it were me, “Garage Queen”, would be relabelled as “Garage Bitch”.

Maybe a slap is in order ... but dare not put my mouth on it.

Especially after today, Bang, bang, bang ... ooops Boiler heat exchanger blew out.
What a week to happen.
House got well cold, very, very quickly.:(:(:(

One warm room courtesy of three 2000 watt electric fan heaters. £££££s
Luckily all covered by Bosch warranty.

Very generously bought mine some new tweeter connectors
£3.84. Cant work out why only one wire, as the wire was loose from a bin, I suspect the kit should have had 2 wires. ( based on its labelled 2, and the connector black has two holes labelled 1 & 2. )
But yer never know with Merc. ;)
9F4FAD5B-BE2A-4082-8199-BD05834DFC28.jpeg
Treat them mean, keep them keen :)

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
347mls, snow, blizzard's and in Glasgow with the 55 with in 6.5hrs . Many thanks to Stewart and Wisbey for dropping their busy work load to take care of my emergency transmission issues. Before leaving. Low oil and clearing the fault codes :)

Cleck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQC 400
It was Hichliffe & Haley
Clarence Road
Leeds
LS10 1LW

0113 246 8557

I thought I ought to update this. I've recently changed this car and the seat that was repaired for a split in the artico had split again in exactly the same place. I thought orginally that the panel had been replaced, not I'm thinking it may have been somehow 'invisibly' repaired. Either way, 18 months from repair to splitting again isn't much good.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Treated it to some new wiper blades courtesy of Opie Oils and some Osram W5W "Cool Blue Intense" Halogen side light lamps as one has gone and new rear led's for the reversing lights

Last edited:

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Yesterday had to go to Sainsbury's for some panic buying before more snow hit. Only had to go very short distance up a small hill to reach the treated road. Traction control lit up like a Christmas tree, flashing on and off. I was in C mode to help. Eventually slowly made it. Serves my right for mocking the snow tyres set, as it never snows down here. Still, won't buy any as it will be another 10 years before I need them, and after tomorrow we'll be back to rain as usual.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Treated it to some new wiper blades courtesy of Opie Oils and some Osram W5W "Cool Blue Intense" Halogen side light lamps as one has gone and new rear led's for the reversing lights
Dems de ones!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Commiserations ....
some repair bill for that lot :(:( even at Phil’s.

That car is definitely not very nice to you!
If it were me, “Garage Queen”, would be relabelled as “Garage Bitch”.

Maybe a slap is in order ... but dare not put my mouth on it.

Especially after today, Bang, bang, bang ... ooops Boiler heat exchanger blew out.
What a week to happen.
House got well cold, very, very quickly.:(:(:(

Ooh that’s a bugger. I know two people whose boilers have died in the last few weeks. Not nice!

In terms of garage b1tch, I’ve been looking through my notes...

(Without going into exhaustive detail)

The car was bought with some known problems. It immediately went to my then local garage for a major service, all fluids, filters, brakes and anything else they could find...

The day after picking it up a wheel fell off- I think you know. Garage’s fault.

ABC strut failed, pump failing- replaced, not garage’s fault.

Assorted (much) other work not done properly, re-done kindly by Phil, garage’s fault.

Brake discs “falling to pieces” according to Phil. Garage’s fault!!!

The original garage owner has died and place has changed hands, or else I’d be raising a money claim on him for around 4.5k or so.

So, in terms of things that I’ve had to pay out for, they really comprise brakes (twice), suspension joints, suspension struts and pump (twice!). Everything else has been really very minor.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Ooh that’s a bugger. I know two people whose boilers have died in the last few weeks. Not nice!

In terms of garage b1tch, I’ve been looking through my notes...

(Without going into exhaustive detail)

The car was bought with some known problems. It immediately went to my then local garage for a major service, all fluids, filters, brakes and anything else they could find...

The day after picking it up a wheel fell off- I think you know. Garage’s fault.

ABC strut failed, pump failing- replaced, not garage’s fault.

Assorted (much) other work not done properly, re-done kindly by Phil, garage’s fault.

Brake discs “falling to pieces” according to Phil. Garage’s fault!!!

The original garage owner has died and place has changed hands, or else I’d be raising a money claim on him for around 4.5k or so.

So, in terms of things that I’ve had to pay out for, they really comprise brakes (twice), suspension joints, suspension struts and pump (twice!). Everything else has been really very minor.

The boiler is a real killer, especially as I described the fault perfectly and even said you will need to send an engineer who can totally strip this boiler down .. its not going to be a little thing, and get him to bring a new heat exchanger!
They turn up on Wednesday but did not have 3.5 hours, so have to come back on Friday!
And yes I was right it was the heat exchanger and they do need to do a complete stripdown!
But the call centre didnt tell the service centre!
God I hate this moronic Call Centre approach to Service ... its inefficient and we have proved countless times costs way more to run!

So instead of one coldish day, its the 3 coldest days and nights this year with no heat or hot water.

To make matters worse...
All 3 GLEN 2000w convection heaters have suddenly gone into auto cutout mode after 5 mins , if put on the 2K W switch, a real bitch as you have to physically disconnect them for 3 mins, and only then will they click back on.
They run happily for hours in the 1K W mode, but that doesnt get the room toasty , and the temp of the fabric of the building has now dropped significantly.

This must be a bi metalic switch that if overheated locks off, until power is removed and I guess a capacitor drained down and only then will it relatch.

I thought you had to rebuild the front and rear ABC control blocks ... must be confused with another CL500.
One strut and a pump is sadly just par for the course :-0
I just treat my replacement front strut ... as an improvement LOL :):) ... hopefully to last another 40,000 miles :)

I know the feeling about “Garage’s Fault”.
Mine had a full MB service history until 37K miles, then a service at some “local welsh” garage at 40K. Just 40 miles before I bought it. Because they used non MB filters, I just didnt trust it; so I immediately booked it straight in for a B service at my MB main dealer with Mobil 1 0W40 and had all those service parts replaced with proper MB parts.
Peace of mind, a Genuine MB dealer full service history from new ( apart from technically 160 miles ) and Mobilo Breakdown and Body corrosion cover restored! :)

Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry. I forgot, the rear valve block needed rebuilding. To be honest that rather slipped into the rest of the work that needed doing, it was a small job in the whole scheme of things.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
John stop being a ****** wuss and remember the 8 step plan!!

1. Go ahead and make the purchase whatever it may be, LSD, remap, new TV, trip away etc. etc.
2. Keep it quiet for as long as possible (this keeps earache down to a minimum)
3. As and when the new purchase is about to be delivered or you are about to go on that trip with the lads, start dropping subtle hints.
4. SWMBO finds out about said purchase/up coming trip
5. All hell breaks loose (be prepared for a rocky ride for up to a week)
6. SWMBO calms down (but has still not forgiven you so tread carefully)
7. After around two weeks everything is back to normal.
8. Start planning the next purchase/trip

Jobs a good one and it will lead to years of happy relationship bliss. Ask my ex-bitch and current wife. :p

This kind of advice can only come from some one who has lots of personal experience....... LOL :geek::D

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Well, as it's the first day of a brand new month, I was going to tax the little red one today.

Then I looked outside. I think it can have another month in the garage. :(

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Sorry. I forgot, the rear valve block needed rebuilding. To be honest that rather slipped into the rest of the work that needed doing, it was a small job in the whole scheme of things.

Only a small job because you have those “magic” O rings and know how to rebuild em ;)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom