Rear view camera, engineering setting problem maybe

weds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class Estate 350cd, Porsche 928 S4
Hi
I've added (or trying to) a rear view camera to my 2011 S212 E Class Estate with Comand 4.5
The camera signal works fine up to the phono plug on the Fakra cable that connects to the back of the comand unit. Ive enabled the camera (SRVC) in engineering section 7.7/21 and the camera screen comes up when reverse is selected but I only get a blank screen with "check entrie surroundings" so that bit works.

The Fakra cable is plugged into the left hand of the 2 green plugs (when looking from the back)

In section 7.10 HW setting (External video display) there are options for rear monitor 1, RVC 2,NV and 3, TV
What do these abbreviations mean?
RVC ? I though might be rear view camera but then whats NV
Do I need to change anything in here and if so how, because anything I try and change doesn't stay.

what have I missed ?
The camera I have is PAL

Cheers

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
The guys at Comandonline or @Alfie on this forum are the ones to ask

such

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 Eclass 350 CDI Sport 2012
i think you need an NTSC camera. I was told a PAL one would not work on mine. I have done the same as you re engineering menu and once you get the screen when in reverse it should work. I would try an NTSC camera.
good luck

OP
weds

weds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i think you need an NTSC camera. I was told a PAL one would not work on mine. I have done the same as you re engineering menu and once you get the screen when in reverse it should work. I would try an NTSC camera.
good luck

I was afraid of that but it's a bit strange as there is PAL and NTSC options in the menu but they don't appear to change, or you can change them but they don't stay changed..

OP
weds

weds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is the menu with NTSC & PAL option. I can change them from NTSC to PAL and visa versa but they revert back to what they were originally

Attachments

• IMG_4892.JPG
    IMG_4892.JPG
    294.3 KB · Views: 23

John Fletcher

Reaction score
Website
www.vbr-turbinepartners.com
Your Mercedes
E350 Estate
Hi
I've added (or trying to) a rear view camera to my 2011 S212 E Class Estate with Comand 4.5
The camera signal works fine up to the phono plug on the Fakra cable that connects to the back of the comand unit. Ive enabled the camera (SRVC) in engineering section 7.7/21 and the camera screen comes up when reverse is selected but I only get a blank screen with "check entrie surroundings" so that bit works.

The Fakra cable is plugged into the left hand of the 2 green plugs (when looking from the back)

In section 7.10 HW setting (External video display) there are options for rear monitor 1, RVC 2,NV and 3, TV
What do these abbreviations mean?
RVC ? I though might be rear view camera but then whats NV
Do I need to change anything in here and if so how, because anything I try and change doesn't stay.

what have I missed ?
The camera I have is PAL

Cheers

Hi Weds,
What cable did you buy/use to go in the back of the Comand unit for the camera?

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
You need an NTSC camera and you need to set the rearview camera setting to SRVC.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
You need an NTSC camera and you need to set the rearview camera setting to SRVC. Try the other green plug on the back of the comand.

John Fletcher

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
E350 Estate
You need an NTSC camera and you need to set the rearview camera setting to SRVC. Try the other green plug on the back of the comand.

Thanks Alfie, done all that just need to get the proper Fakra cable now which I have ordered. The cable I bought didnt fit and only went in figure 7 which needs to be in figure 6

OP
weds

weds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Weds,
What cable did you buy/use to go in the back of the Comand unit for the camera?

Yes I got it all working in the end, had to buy a NTSC camera and a Fakra cable, I think I had to cut away some of the plastic on the plug to make it fit.. It was some time ago...

John Fletcher

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
E350 Estate
Yes I got it all working in the end, had to buy a NTSC camera and a Fakra cable, I think I had to cut away some of the plastic on the plug to make it fit.. It was some time ago...

Thanks, did you take any pictures of the cable entry? Do you have the part number/item number of the cable you purchased?

OP
weds

weds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Camera was like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170-Car-...269294?hash=item1a4797a16e:g:FtAAAOSwXXxZPSJC

Lead was like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009EOREEI/ref=pe_2025931_195895011_em_1p_0_ti

And to make life a lot easier I bought a set of trim removal tools
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-pcs-Ca...493548&hash=item1a479a99a4:g:6joAAOSwMORW77Qs

Sorry no pictures, Mines an estate, cable runs up through the rear door then down the r/h rear pillar down the r/h side till the rear of the back seats, across the load bed underneath the trim to the l/h side then underneath the door threshold panels to the front kick panel, up underneath the glove box to the head unit.

Supply to the camera was taken from the fusebox at the rear with a piggyback fuse..

John Fletcher

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
E350 Estate
Camera was like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170-Car-...269294?hash=item1a4797a16e:g:FtAAAOSwXXxZPSJC

Lead was like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009EOREEI/ref=pe_2025931_195895011_em_1p_0_ti

And to make life a lot easier I bought a set of trim removal tools
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-pcs-Ca...493548&hash=item1a479a99a4:g:6joAAOSwMORW77Qs

Sorry no pictures, Mines an estate, cable runs up through the rear door then down the r/h rear pillar down the r/h side till the rear of the back seats, across the load bed underneath the trim to the l/h side then underneath the door threshold panels to the front kick panel, up underneath the glove box to the head unit.

Supply to the camera was taken from the fusebox at the rear with a piggyback fuse..

Perfect, mines an estate also. Looks like I have ordered the correct cable and my camera is an NTSC made to replace the number plate light so, all things being equal it should work :)

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom