What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Brizzle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 AMG Night Edition Bluetec Auto Estate (Feb 2016)
Turned the car into a WiFi hotspot ... and the password is *********** :)

Since I fitted an Android head unit and display in place of the standard Audio 20 I've been using my phone to give WiFi connection for the apps but decided to get a better signal by using an otherwise unused 4G>WiFi module. Great result, specially with the satnag :)

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Filled it up with premium unleaded (and a can of BG44k) and took it for a spirited drive along A45.
Luckily all the cameras are off ... o_O

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Treated it to some new wiper blades courtesy of Opie Oils and some Osram W5W "Cool Blue Intense" Halogen side light lamps as one has gone and new rear led's for the reversing lights

How do they look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Passed MOT, no advisories.

I'm always slightly suspicious, when the test is offered at a bargain price (£24), by a garage that also offers "free retest, if repairs done by us" ...

Well, I've been proven wrong, and can highly recommend InTown Automotive in Northampton - honest, unbiased testing and a fantastic value for money.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Finished the underside of the 190 off, rubbed down, treated, painted and waxed with Dynax UC. After that, removed all the grommets from the chassis sections which had them (most of them on one of these) and absolutely soaked everything internally in Bilt Hamber S50 with the wand they kindly provide. I basically just kept spraying it till it was dripping out from everywhere so, hopefully, it's now good for another few years.

Subframe back on tomorrow with a set of OEM bushes I had to acquire as MB parts are still unable to get me the correct ones. :(

Cleck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EQC 400
Noticed tiny chips in the paint on all four door edges after a couple of weeks of ownership (I know, I was giddy and didn't spot them when I picked it up!), called back into Mercedes Leeds and they've sorted them for me without hesitation, no problem whatsoever. I even said I accept that I 've left it a bit long and would be prepared to come to an arrangement about payment, but there was no question of it. Very impressed.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Noticed tiny chips in the paint on all four door edges after a couple of weeks of ownership (I know, I was giddy and didn't spot them when I picked it up!), called back into Mercedes Leeds and they've sorted them for me without hesitation, no problem whatsoever. I even said I accept that I 've left it a bit long and would be prepared to come to an arrangement about payment, but there was no question of it. Very impressed.
Wow wonder if they will do your stone chips as you get them

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ant Brit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 ML280
Just ordered 4 of these. Yes they are chavvy but I like them! Lol

Attachments

• 036533B7-2277-43FF-BB2E-DB2174972589.png
    036533B7-2277-43FF-BB2E-DB2174972589.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 31

Ant Brit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 ML280
YMMV....;)

But then I view these LED conversions to sidelights etc as a bit Max Power....
Ha ha the mrs quoted Max Power as her reference point too. To put it in perspective, since having the car, I’ve added Mercedes dust caps and ordered these lights.....i promised her the cherry bomb exhaust and sub woofers aren’t on the agenda just yet

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Ha ha the mrs quoted Max Power as her reference point too. To put it in perspective, since having the car, I’ve added Mercedes dust caps and ordered these lights.....i promised her the cherry bomb exhaust and sub woofers aren’t on the agenda just yet
Now I'm not so against them (on the right car - cherry bombs on a diesel S class???).
At least they at least pretend to be functional and in general don't bring a lot of other issues such as canbus errors, flickering etc.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

My mum also has them on her W204 and loves them, they are standard fit on new Range Rovers (obvs not with a MB logo before someone says that ;-) )

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
But then I view these LED conversions to sidelights etc as a bit Max Power....

I only have LED reversing lamps and they are amazing, so much brighter than the OEM

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I only have LED reversing lamps and they are amazing, so much brighter than the OEM
I need to try that, now that I have a reversing camera, makes more sense.

As to the puddle lights, and other LED matters - I ain't sayin' nothin' :)
... although my mate Dave said that, after about two and half years, they lost a bit of focus, and were replaced by new ones, which incidentally, facing outwards, just like OE ones, and like the illuminated door sills

;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom