What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I am clearly using my drying towel wrong as i find a chamois much better at drying my cars.
It's not that a chamois doesn't do a good job of drying , it does , it's the fact that it can trap particles on the surface of it and scratch the paint (swirl marks) , the microfibres have a lot more surface for the particles to disappear into so as to create less swirls .

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Looking good Jim.

Quick tip - lose the chamois, as they hold grit/contaminants. A decent drying towel is only a few quid, easily washed, and better for your paintwork.

My chamois never sees the body work of the car until the car's clean, it's never rubbed on it either, a gentle wipe, to lift the water, that's it. However, I am always open to new ideas and progress in the technology so, I will invest in a drying towel and see how it goes.

Last edited:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
My chamois never sees the body work of the car until it's clean, it's never rubbed on it either, a gentle wipe, to lift the water, that's it. However, I am always open to new ideas and progress in the technology so, I will invest in a drying towel and see how it goes.
I do use a Chamois though Jimbo, but only on glass :)

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Got to say , that shape is definitely one of the prettiest MB have made in a while.

Great condition too :):)
When I first saw the top pic. i thought it was like a 2015. :):)
Is one allowed to know how many miles?

Yes of course, I picked it up with 17,853 (I think it was) and it's now sitting at 18,289. A little higher than my usual weekly average, however, it's such a joy to drive. The seller did a reasonable job of the pre sale valet however, when I got it home and almost every day this last week I have been cleaning, touching in paint chips and generally trying to raise the standard, I'm quite pleased with the result considering it's my daily driver.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have also learned how to load the CD's and DVD's to the Comand System today and more to the point how to make them play, so, now I have everything except a memory card in place. (iPod in the glove box) Just a shame that the screen for the DVD's blanks out when you go above 5 mph though. I'd even accept a shield that prevented the driver seeing it if it were possible.
I have also managed to navigate the vagaries of the cruise control system at last. Don't you just love the speed limiter?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Don't you just love the speed limiter?
Never used it, it could actually stop you getting out of trouble. I'll stick to cruise control :)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Never used it, it could actually stop you getting out of trouble. I'll stick to cruise control :)
You can instantly override the speed limiter by mashing your foot to the floor.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Finally got the garage empty of bits of worthless rubbish and put both priceless exhibits in there instead :D

DSC02988 (Small).JPG

Then I washed both the 500 and the 55, dried them off with my big blue towel and put them back in the garage :cool:
Ask me what I did to the 500 yesterday :( moved it and didn't see that the Misses had left a concrete flower pot on the grass verge, lower front N/S wing, sill and bottom edge of door :oops: and then today knocked over a roll of roofing felt and it just happened to fall down the N/S rear wheel arch!! So that's a complete N/S repaint again which was only done last year.
Needless to say I'm not in the good books :(

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Finally got the garage empty of bits of worthless rubbish and put both priceless exhibits in there instead :D

View attachment 42594

Then I washed both the 500 and the 55, dried them off with my big blue towel and put them back in the garage :cool:
Ask me what I did to the 500 yesterday :( moved it and didn't see that the Misses had left a concrete flower pot on the grass verge, lower front N/S wing, sill and bottom edge of door :oops: and then today knocked over a roll of roofing felt and it just happened to fall down the N/S rear wheel arch!! So that's a complete N/S repaint again which was only done last year.
Needless to say I'm not in the good books :(

Ouch! I seem to have those type of days quite often too!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ouch! I seem to have those type of days quite often too!

I guess it's old age :rolleyes:
I was gutted, finally get the 500 paint work looking spot on and this, would have been easier if the Misses did it, she wont let me down now, she'll tell all her friends :oops::oops:

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Sorry, my sick, sarcastic, sense of humour. Anything that limits speed imho is, BAD! And that's in the old fashioned sense, not the new modern, Bad is good rubbish.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Yes of course, I picked it up with 17,853 (I think it was) and it's now sitting at 18,289. A little higher than my usual weekly average, however, it's such a joy to drive. The seller did a reasonable job of the pre sale valet however, when I got it home and almost every day this last week I have been cleaning, touching in paint chips and generally trying to raise the standard, I'm quite pleased with the result considering it's my daily driver.

Circa 2,000 miles per annum is about as good as it gets. :):)

And I thought my 2,500 pa was low ;)

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I take it this is the before picture , where's the after picture ? :shock::rolleyes:

How did I know someone would be asking for this...............:rolleyes: It started to rain when I finished the 500 and had to dry off in the garage, by this time light was failing :p

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
How did I know someone would be asking for this...............:rolleyes: It started to rain when I finished the 500 and had to dry off in the garage, by this time light was failing :p
Couldn't resist it as you left the door open :D ! Looks good though .

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Got a price to trade it in.

Kenny

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom