Falken Avensis FK510 Tyres

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
anyone any experience?
Falken used to be reasonable and lost their way (In my opinion), but Tyrereviews UK are giving this one good reviews, 2nd equal with the Conti Premium Contact 6 , behind the Michelin PS4 and ahead of the Pirelli P Zero, Goodyear F1 Assymetric 3 (which was to be my choice...) and others...
Tyres I find very subjective and I’d be interested in any views....

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Answered on t'other side John, but yes I bought my E55 with them already fitted.
An excellent tyre, long lasting with good grip levels.

I like them that much I have replaced them with Falken ZE914's which are similarly good.

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
Falken ZE914's

Been running on these for 5 years. Can't fault them. Recently had the rears changed and tyre man was as surprised as I was that, from the invoices, we estimate I got about 15k out of them. £75 a corner you can't go wrong.

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Answered on t'other side John, but yes I bought my E55 with them already fitted.
An excellent tyre, long lasting with good grip levels.

I like them that much I have replaced them with Falken ZE914's which are similarly good.
Thanks Roger....seen and happy :)
I may well be the guinea pig for the E63 clan, having done that with my winter Uniroyal MS77s which I couldn’t fault

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I had FK452 the day they came out on my Scooby, excellent tyre, not really heard anyone complain about them, shame they are so dear, £40 a tyre dearer than the RS3!!!!

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I had FK452 the day they came out on my Scooby, excellent tyre, not really heard anyone complain about them, shame they are so dear, £40 a tyre dearer than the RS3!!!!
Seems so Jon, no-one I’ve asked has said a bad word! The RS3’s still not available in both my sizes (and the side wall maybe a bit soft for me), so it’s looking like I’m going with these.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Seems so Jon, no-one I’ve asked has said a bad word! The RS3’s still not available in both my sizes (and the side wall maybe a bit soft for me), so it’s looking like I’m going with these.

The sidewall is soft, I have worn out the outer edges of the fronts while there is still 4mm of tread in the middle, I have put the up to the recommended pressures instead of 2psi below just on the front to see if that helps.

I couldn't find the FK510 in my sizes but the 914 is loads dearer than the RS3 and the GY Assy 3 is cheaper!!!!

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
The sidewall is soft, I have worn out the outer edges of the fronts while there is still 4mm of tread in the middle, I have put the up to the recommended pressures instead of 2psi below just on the front to see if that helps.

I couldn't find the FK510 in my sizes but the 914 is loads dearer than the RS3 and the GY Assy 3 is cheaper!!!!
Giga Tyres (never used them), Mytyres (used them a few times, they are fine), Autopink (never heard of them!), Tyre Guru (ditto), Tyres-outlet.co.uk (ditto) 123 Tyres (ditto) and Oponeo (used them several times and also ok) all list both my sizes - this was via links from Tyrereviews.co.uk ...I think you use Camskill though? Not sure if they have them- seems not

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Giga Tyres (never used them), Mytyres (used them a few times, they are fine), Autopink (never heard of them!), Tyre Guru (ditto), Tyres-outlet.co.uk (ditto) 123 Tyres (ditto) and Oponeo (used them several times and also ok) all list both my sizes - this was via links from Tyrereviews.co.uk ...I think you use Camskill though? Not sure if they have them- seems not

Mytyres have them £68 for the front, £107 for the rear quiet as well, they are £14 per tyre dearer than camskill for the RS3

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
The 510 looks to be very well priced indeed... even 245/30R20 are coming in at only £127! :geek:

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
It is good money
I’m doing a watching brief!
The P Zeros on mine have 4.5mm rear and 5mm front ATM so by the time July arrives I’m more than likely to be needing a change (I won’t have tyres below 3mm)....

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I’m doing a watching brief!
The P Zeros on mine have 4.5mm rear and 5mm front ATM so by the time July arrives I’m more than likely to be needing a change (I won’t have tyres below 3mm)....

Sounds like a good plan, I will be needing new fronts soon as the outer edges have worn due to the way MB turn their wheels, I have upped the tyre pressure for a while

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sounds like a good plan, I will be needing new fronts soon as the outer edges have worn due to the way MB turn their wheels, I have upped the tyre pressure for a while
Agreed, running mine at a little higher pressure than I normally like for the same reason - one of the fitting centres which Oponeo use has Hunter 4 wheel alignment kit and are well respected so I may kill 2 birds one stone...

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Agreed, running mine at a little higher pressure than I normally like for the same reason - one of the fitting centres which Oponeo use has Hunter 4 wheel alignment kit and are well respected so I may kill 2 birds one stone...

Mine was done then done again because the steering wheel was off to the left first time, now perfect and the second guy really lined the rears up as well, feels much better and tracks straight, rear tyre wear is very even as I run 2pis below the recommended but I have put the fronts back to the recommended and may go a little higher

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Can anybody here comment on road noise with these? Particularly in lower profile form???

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Isn't the rating for drive-by noise levels Peter?

It's more what they're like for internal noise...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom