Hello.

Wee Jonny

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA Shooting Brake
After over 25 years of Alfa ownwership I'm going for a wee change.

I love the look of the CLA Shooting Brake and thought the club would be the place to find one.

My ideal car would be a red 250 AMG but may consider a diesel depending on the spec.

If anyone is selling please get in touch.

Jonny

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome Jonny
Good choice- you might want to check if Mercedes have sorted their red paint issues, they had a big problem with fire opal red in the past.

OP
W

Wee Jonny

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA Shooting Brake
Welcome Jonny
Good choice- you might want to check if Mercedes have sorted their red paint issues, they had a big problem with fire opal red in the past.

Thanks John.

I'm new (or will be) to Mercedes so this is welcome.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Jonny, welcome to the forum and MB ownership. :)

OP
W

Wee Jonny

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA Shooting Brake
Yep, as John states, avoid Fire Opal Red but Hyacinth Red hasn't had the same problems reported.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the heads up.

I've just been into my Mercedes dealership to ask a couple of questions on the different trim levels on the CLA and the paint problems.

The slaesman assured me that all paint problems were sorted as it was a recall issue and I had nothing to worry about if I were to go for a Fire Opal Red one.

OP
W

Wee Jonny

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA Shooting Brake
OP
W

Wee Jonny

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA Shooting Brake
Forget that. It's had 3 owners. Too many for such a new car.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Forget that. It's had 3 owners. Too many for such a new car.

Could have been a demo plus 2 owners, check the service history, owners is not something I would worry about

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
The slaesman assured me that all paint problems were sorted as it was a recall issue and I had nothing to worry about if I were to go for a Fire Opal Red one.

Aha, salesman speak. He would tell you the moon was made of cheese if it got him a sale.
Just remember quite a few cars on both Mercedes UK forums have been back to the dealer for part/full resprays because of blistering Fire Opal Red paint. I wouldn't touch it despite the salesman's claims.

OP
W

Wee Jonny

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA Shooting Brake
Aha, salesman speak. He would tell you the moon was made of cheese if it got him a sale.
Just remember quite a few cars on both Mercedes UK forums have been back to the dealer for part/full resprays because of blistering Fire Opal Red paint. I wouldn't touch it despite the salesman's claims.

Ha. I did say to him that he wouldn't tell if they were having a lot of grief with the paint.

I'm now looking at Strorm Grey (I think it's called) ones now.

And JBell sent me a wee beaut.....

There's such a difference in price for what looks like very similar cars

Thanks AMGeed

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
No problem Jonny.

All the grey paints look superb on Mercedes.
Palladium is my favourite.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom