What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Packed it ready for the Normandy GTG.

Mrs LK has given me stacks of stuff to take over (I did tell her it's an r230 not a 210 estate but the message seems not to have been understood).
In the pile of stuff is a high chair, stair gate, fairy liquid (they have shops in France FFS), books, a pedal bin (see above), a plant (see above), ornaments (see above) and the kitchen effing sink! (or so it seems)...

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
What is it with 3 Series drivers?

On my way home tonight on the dual carriageway and we're all doing 30mph in both lanes, bumper to bumper traffic and this tw*t who I might add, I am already a bonnet length alongside, just indicates and damn near turns right into my lane.

Needless to say I have to stamp on the brakes quite hard to avoid a collision and he looks at me with the "and what expression", when I toot the horn.

Do they go to w*nker school or something?

Perhaps it's just a natural trait that seems to draw them to B*W's

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Mrs LK has given me stacks of stuff to take over (I did tell her it's an r230 not a 210 estate but the message seems not to have been understood).
In the pile of stuff is a high chair, stair gate, fairy liquid (they have shops in France FFS), books, a pedal bin (see above), a plant (see above), ornaments (see above) and the kitchen effing sink! (or so it seems)...

I am biting my tongue here or, the keyboard equivalent, lol. ;):D

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
What is it with 3 Series drivers?

On my way home tonight on the dual carriageway and we're all doing 30mph in both lanes, bumper to bumper traffic and this tw*t who I might add, I am already a bonnet length alongside, just indicates and damn near turns right into my lane.

Needless to say I have to stamp on the brakes quite hard to avoid a collision and he looks at me with the "and what expression", when I toot the horn.

Do they go to w*nker school or something?

Perhaps it's just a natural trait that seems to draw them to B*W's
Audi A3 drivers are just as bad if not worse Jim :rolleyes:

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi A3 drivers are just as bad if not worse Jim :rolleyes:

Whispers gently, "but I've never had any issues with A3 drivers, however, if you want to slag off A4 and A6 drivers?"

Gets coat, ready to run. :p

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Remember to slow down to 30mph, if you're going to fold the roof down, with all this stuff on it ... ;)

Brizzle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 AMG Night Edition Bluetec Auto Estate (Feb 2016)
Bristol to Coventry for a conference at the Ricoh Arena and back again today with absolutely no issues at all. Car stops really well in a straight line with the new brake lines fitted and there is a remarkable lack of road noise thanks to the new tyres.

Averaged 42mpg and 49mph despite all the flippin' road works.

Happy days :)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Why the stair gate?!?

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Cursed the person at Mercedes who decided that it would be a good idea to put a pressed stainless steel slam panel across the front of the W213 E Class.

It probably looks good when initially fitted but, after a few hours, starts to tarnish and then, with a bit of weathering, starts getting pitted and looks awful.

2 hours on the thing yesterday as I had to remove all the air intake to get underneath and avoid leaving lines. I'm on it again today to try and remove some more of the scabbiness...

Slam Panel cleaned.jpg

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Filled the boot up

1791f55bbbc28779165ca3e8f301ec7d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Indeed, 7 weeks until the off for Silverstone so getting prepared

Got a trailer?

When I kayaked the Colorado through the Grand Canyon, we had 1.5tons of beer for 14 people and 17 nights, but were limited to what we could fit in rafts. Each day a drag net with allotted number of cans was thrown overboard to chill for the day ready for the evening. ;);)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom