What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Got a trailer?

When I kayaked the Colorado..... Each day a drag net with allotted number of cans was thrown overboard to chill for the day ready for the evening. ;);)

Surely increased safety was the primary objective...? An all-in-one drag anchor and buoyancy aid! :D

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Got a trailer?

We have a VW T5, VW Crafter, CR-V with a caravan, a BMW 3 and my car going with 13 of us so space is not a problem for all the kit that includes a Gazebo (Kitchen), massive dome tent for the dining area, Awning on the T5, Awning on the caravan that doubles the size of it and the Crafter is a camper

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
We have a VW T5, VW Crafter, CR-V with a caravan, a BMW 3 and my car going with 13 of us so space is not a problem for all the kit that includes a Gazebo (Kitchen), massive dome tent for the dining area, Awning on the T5, Awning on the caravan that doubles the size of it and the Crafter is a camper

Yeh but... a trailer full of cider would be a backup in case of drought ;);)

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Marvelled at the air con....lovely and cold now
Glad to hear its lovely and chilly :)

I always wondered is one supposed to change this gas/liquid as a mileage or age service item , or is it a “leave it till its broke” thing?

One of my SLs needed a top up, but they did t mention a leak ... but then under warranty so didnt matter.
Worked fine till I sold it.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Took it to one of our resident guru independents for a service any to change the crank pulley and belt idler. Had a great chat and picked up a few tips.
Thanks Cole!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Glad to hear its lovely and chilly :)

I always wondered is one supposed to change this gas/liquid as a mileage or age service item , or is it a “leave it till its broke” thing?

One of my SLs needed a top up, but they did t mention a leak ... but then under warranty so didnt matter.
Worked fine till I sold it.
I don’t believe it’s a service item Peter, so leave until the performance drops off I guess. MB told me it’s normally good at least every 2 years, but mine was last done only June last year and the level had dropped considerably. It was pressure tested and found OK and had a dye test too so no leaks. I’m not sure now whether it was done properly or filled to the correct level last year, but I’ve no way of knowing now.
I’ll monitor it obviously a little more carefully now. MB Cheshire oaks charged me £49.99 (normally £84.99 allegedly) so I’m not too bothered. I noted ATS charge the same price...

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I don’t believe it’s a service item Peter, so leave until the performance drops off I guess. MB told me it’s normally good at least every 2 years

Mine is very cold and I have never had it done in the 3.5 years I have owned it, might have it done this year as my Indy usually puts an offer on soon at £35

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
The 210 passed it’s MoT with no advisories so very pleased, the tester even praised the bodywork I’d done in the wheel wells so all in all a very good day

It needs to earn it’s keep now it has numerous trips to the tip to do for family members from disposing of washing machines and tumble dryers to old house doors I get all the best jobs lol

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I don’t believe it’s a service item Peter, so leave until the performance drops off I guess. MB told me it’s normally good at least every 2 years, but mine was last done only June last year and the level had dropped considerably. It was pressure tested and found OK and had a dye test too so no leaks. I’m not sure now whether it was done properly or filled to the correct level last year, but I’ve no way of knowing now.
I’ll monitor it obviously a little more carefully now. MB Cheshire oaks charged me £49.99 (normally £84.99 allegedly) so I’m not too bothered. I noted ATS charge the same price...

Thanks
John ... fortunately no issues as mine is very chiily :) ATM ;)

£50 wow thats a brilliant price.

My neighbour had a local place do and had some problems, and the BMW garage said they had used the wrong stuff. Sorting it cost a lot she said but all solved ... so think definitely worth going to MB. Especially at £50!

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Filled the boot up

1791f55bbbc28779165ca3e8f301ec7d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PARTY AT JB'S PLACE!!!!!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
And here was me thinking my cleanliness OCD was quite bad, :eek: :geek: :D

I am in awe of your commitment!

It's just that they can seem from the side of the car and looked horrible. That's just the first pass which they have had so far, on my last car I managed to get them really clean and shiny, practically like chrome. :)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom