no kickdown

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Blue EFFICIENCY 250 CDI Sport 2013
As title no kickdown, makes no difference in comfort or sport mode, can still select manually with the shift. EPC visit workshop shown, with 150k miles does this mean big bucks? I have had the transmission fluid changed every 60k miles

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I would guess you won't know what's involved until it's had any fault codes read by STAR at an indy or MB . Good luck with it all

OP
R

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
is this the only thing you've noticed pal ?? anything else amiss ??
Don't you think that is enough! This car has been very reliable, and from what I read on another thread, the five speed box is too, maybe it won't be such a big issue, I will keep everybody posted anyway.

m2287

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Bentley Continental GT - S55K AMG - RR vogue - Mazda6 estate
Probably an issue with the fuel system, my guess would be an injector or the high pressure pump

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Don't you think that is enough! This car has been very reliable, and from what I read on another thread, the five speed box is too, maybe it won't be such a big issue, I will keep everybody posted anyway.

I think you'll find that when Bembo asked that question he knows that when kickdown is faulty there are often other noticeable symptoms occurring at the same time. These give a further insight into the possible reasons for your problem.

So his question is not yet answered.

OP
R

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think you'll find that when Bembo asked that question he knows that when kickdown is faulty there are often other noticeable symptoms occurring at the same time. These give a further insight into the possible reasons for your problem.

So his question is not yet answered.
Oh, ok, I'm not sure but I think third gear is not selected unless I use the selector to manually go through the gears, all will be revealed this incoming week I'm sure, and I will of course keep you posted. Thank you very much for your interest.

OP
R

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oh, ok, I'm not sure but I think third gear is not selected unless I use the selector to manually go through the gears, all will be revealed this incoming week I'm sure, and I will of course keep you posted. Thank you very much for your interest.
Well, the results!
Fault caused by pressure sensor for DPF: £101 for fitting same+ £53 for said sensor.
I have used the main dealer simply because, (a) courtesy car always available, and (b) I have 30 year roadside assistance, the latter I assumed I had foregone as I had used an Indie for a couple of years, and last year the waterpump packed in just a few days before we were due to drive down to Preston, and panic set in, I called the main dealer who informed me that I had 30year roadside assistance, I think he made a mistake, but why argue! Soo the moral side of me came to the fore, and now unless something unforeseen happens I intend to continue with the main dealer. The breakdown van came here yesterday morning, the guy connected a box of tricks to the car, brought a laptop and clipped it to the van steering wheel and read the codes wirelessly, and gave me his likely prognosis. Nothing is free of course, that test at home cost £27.60 + £82.80 to perform a further test, presumably after the new sensor was fitted, all in all including vat £317, I'm sure the Indie would have cost less, but more hassle for me. In the scheme of things this was buttons after 151K miles I suppose.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Good result in the end ...and everyone has their own reasons for their service partner choices ...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom