What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Drove the C class to look at a CL63 bi turbo. Absolutely beautiful in person but the 5.5 is not as responsive, and does not feel as punchy as the outgoing 6.2.... Rest of it drives like my S class. Dealers stubborn on price not budging from their asking price........ Must think I am born yesterday.

Also, eBayers frustrating me. Sold a used tested fully functioning ignition controller to a very annoying eBay. He now claims its "not working" and wants to return it for a full refund, leaving me out time and money. Even if he has damaged it, ebay will give him all his money back. Cheaper to keep it for spares.
Back to a CL eh Alex? You’ve not had enough punishment yet? ;)

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Back to a CL eh Alex? You’ve not had enough punishment yet? ;)

Well, the dealer said they would't budge from their £40k asking price, as they "had to spend lots on it when buying it"....

Needed front discs too (2k)

I said thank you for your time and left it. Funny things is, if he didn't blow smoke up my ars$$ the whole time and was reasonable I could have come to a deal.

I then came back home and drove my 221 and the experience really is the same, its all about the looks.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Said in the other thread, AG Car Glass Polish with Sonax BSD over the top, easiest way to do it
You did, I need to make a mental note. I've detailed the info for cleaning.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Nice wash with Gyeon bathe + which adds a real lustre to the ceramic , dried off and admired. Then set about the tips with some Autosol so they now gleam too...
Albert Dock tomorrow for dream rides in aid of Claire house so let’s see who wants their eyelids reversed!;)

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Nice wash with Gyeon bathe + which adds a real lustre to the ceramic , dried off and admired. Then set about the tips with some Autosol so they now gleam too...
Albert Dock tomorrow for dream rides in aid of Claire house so let’s see who wants their eyelids reversed!;)
My tips had been really neglected over the years (ooooooh matron) so hopefully after a few more goes they look better.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Beautiful weather today, and last day of half term holiday for the boys. We decided on a ride out to Bentley wildfowl trust and car museum. Both the C63 and the 430 cabriolet were parked outside the house. Chose the cabby, I sat in the back. Lovely time, but I now have a pink and sore forehead. Damn this receeding hairline!!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Took the 190E out for a run round early this morning. It's not really moved after it's run back from Portsmouth a few weeks ago where it dropped a bit of transmission fluid.

That's now sorted so I just had a little blast about on mainly B roads with the odd A road thrown in. I'd forgotten just what a competent chassis these things have, especially with the self levelling suspension now working correctly. It really does handle like it's on rails, with little or no body roll and a really positive feel.

I would have stopped out a bit longer but the roads were starting to get a little busier so my fun was getting curtailed.

Oh, and it just clicked over to 88,000 miles today, not bad for a 29 year old car. :)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Brought it back to the UK after nearly 2000 miles through France in two weeks. Marvelled at how good the ride wirh ABC is for touring yet how well it scampers round bends when required.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Cleaned both

Drove the c63 to dinner and got shouted at by the wife...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom