Which Dashcam?

Yousuf Adia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200D 2018 E213
Taking delivery of my first MB on Monday (E200d) - its brand new and wanted to install some Dash Cams

Any come recommended? Something easy to install and not an eye sore :)

Thanks

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Yousef, welcome to the forum and the MB experience :)

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
I like my Nextbase 312 , got it hardwired and it sits nicely behind the rear view mirror.

OP
Y

Yousuf Adia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200D 2018 E213
I like my Nextbase 312 , got it hardwired and it sits nicely behind the rear view mirror.

Yeah the Nextbase do come highly recommended.

Did you use the Standard hard wired kit? And did you do install yourself?

I know Halfords do the install, but i would like to avoid them

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Halfords did it for me and I’ve had No issues , I was a bit dubious about using them but the guy was very knowledgeable and took great care in his work.
I suppose it’s pot luck, as with any big store as to who you get.

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Hi Yousuf,

I have Thinkware 750 fitted front and back. Good but can be annoying with its "warning, mobile speed camera zone" message, otherwise a good picture and useful too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
Recently got a Garmin one to replace an older one, also has speed camera database on it.. so alerts when over or near a fixed, red light or variable one.. like that I don’t have to have another device on!

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I have an Aguri Fusion GTX200 which is a combined Dashcam and speed camera warning system.
https://aguriworld.co.uk/index.php/speed-trap-detectors/fusion-gtx200.html

Unlike others I cannot recommend Nextbase as I have had two and both failed on the internal battery, a lot of these type cameras fail on batteries unless using the newer technology ones.

The Aguri Fusion has no battery so is only recording when there is feed but that suits me nicely, the feel to the camera is very nice, the safety cameras can be updated from the car via the app on a smart phone and you get lifetime free camera updates.

The downside is there are two small 1.5 inch screens one is LCD the other OLED and they are quite expensive £200 plus.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I have an Aguri Fusion GTX200 which is a combined Dashcam and speed camera warning system.
https://aguriworld.co.uk/index.php/speed-trap-detectors/fusion-gtx200.html

Unlike others I cannot recommend Nextbase as I have had two and both failed on the internal battery, a lot of these type cameras fail on batteries unless using the newer technology ones.

The Aguri Fusion has no battery so is only recording when there is feed but that suits me nicely, the feel to the camera is very nice, the safety cameras can be updated from the car via the app on a smart phone and you get lifetime free camera updates.

The downside is there are two small 1.5 inch screens one is LCD the other OLED and they are quite expensive £200 plus.
Looks nice - is yours hard wired?

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Looks nice - is yours hard wired?
No John I have not hard wired mine, I have it plugged into the rear passenger 12volt feed and the wires are hidden under trim of centre consul.

That means there is a bit of dangly wire but it does not worry me, this is also the first screen mount on anything I have had that does not periodically fall off.

I have this worry that once parts of the dash or trim is messed with you end up with rattles and creaks.

Robin

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
No John I have not hard wired mine, I have it plugged into the rear passenger 12volt feed and the wires are hidden under trim of centre consul.

That means there is a bit of dangly wire but it does not worry me, this is also the first screen mount on anything I have had that does not periodically fall off.

I have this worry that once parts of the dash or trim is messed with you end up with rattles and creaks.

Robin
Yeah I hear what you say Robin- when I had the Ghost fitted I was in a small panic but needn’t have worried !

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I like the Blackvue ive had for a year , nice shape behind the mirror , very discreet .

snipez999

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18MY E63S AMG W213
I'm also a Blackvue fan. They have gotten over earlier model overheating issues, and I now have 2 channel (2 cams) in both the E63S and the Velar. Both professionally hardwired. Oh and a Target Blu Eye for the Merc - covered its cost already ;-)

I had a smash once which went to court - long story short it was a scam as 2 occupants at the time turned into 3 occupants all with whiplash and coming from the other side of the roundabout once it got to court! Had dashcams ever since (though they were found to be BS'ing and I got my no-claims and costs anyway - ha!)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I'm also a Blackvue fan. They have gotten over earlier model overheating issues, and I now have 2 channel (2 cams) in both the E63S and the Velar. Both professionally hardwired. Oh and a Target Blu Eye for the Merc - covered its cost already ;-)

I had a smash once which went to court - long story short it was a scam as 2 occupants at the time turned into 3 occupants all with whiplash and coming from the other side of the roundabout once it got to court! Had dashcams ever since (though they were found to be BS'ing and I got my no-claims and costs anyway - ha!)
You need to change your Avatar sig- you’ve got the E63s now right?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom