What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
With this treatment all you have to do is wash and then apply some top coat/sealant and it looks this good every time? I know black is a challenge to keep clean, but it does look good.
Is right Andy
You have 2 x methods (well 3 I guess ) to top up
1- Wash with Gyeon Bathe +
2- After washing with another ph neutral shampoo, use Gyeon wet coat (as the name suggests this is applied on wet, panel by panel then car rinsed
3- use Gyeon cure like a QD
So far I haven’t had to get beyond 1......

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Is right Andy
You have 2 x methods (well 3 I guess ) to top up
1- Wash with Gyeon Bathe +
2- After washing with another ph neutral shampoo, use Gyeon wet coat (as the name suggests this is applied on wet, panel by panel then car rinsed
3- use Gyeon cure like a QD
So far I haven’t had to get beyond 1......
I might look at some of these top coats, unless they are really only for "Gyeon ceramic" treatment? I've got on well with BSD, just not sure how long it lasts for.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I've got on well with BSD, just not sure how long it lasts for.

You can add up to 4 coats, any more and you watch it wash off, just re-apply every other time you wash

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I might look at some of these top coats, unless they are really only for "Gyeon ceramic" treatment? I've got on well with BSD, just not sure how long it lasts for.
Well I’m sure it’s not the recommendation as such but the Volvo hasn’t had ceramic ( Shame on me) but I washed it with the bathe + and it certainly made it nice and slippy made quite a difference

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Dry day and a conservative sprinkle of round-up no wetting the surface for a couple of days though!
Paving not paint! Should last a full season.
;):p:rolleyes::D

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
John, try experiencing the ‘inside’ instead of feeling just the outside.

As the actress said to the bishop... ;):D

Wessa1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E550 (Silver of course)
Great work, not bad for a day. What method did you use for cleaning the engine bay?

Lol.. was a couple of days.. I used a good quality engine degreaser a stiff engine brush and was quite gentle with the jet washer. I degreased it with the engine off being mindful of the main electrical items leaving it to soak for 5-10 minutes. I kept the engine running whilst jetting off and then closed the bonnet with the engine still running for some time to dry the bay. I gave the electrical items a spray with contact cleaner, just for the sake of it. Now it looks tidy apart from the exhaust and coolant bottle...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
75F20B06-C2E2-4EEC-8B5E-2B522AD2DA18.png I did this in the 215 yesterday...

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Gone up a bit has this fuel thing hasn't it Craig... take it that's for 98/99RON?

I paid £1.31 at the weekend :(

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Cleaned the white one off today, just getting the dust off it really.

Then checked Mercedes ME which told me that the starter battery was "partially charged" so put it on charge. A bit frustrating really as it did a 150 mile trip on Saturday and hasn't turned a wheel since then...

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Gone up a bit has this fuel thing hasn't it Craig... take it that's for 98/99RON?

I paid £1.31 at the weekend :(

Cor, Ive been paying £1.35 around here for a while now.. :(

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom