W205 C250 CDI Dyno remap

Road Rage Performance

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W201 190D Super Turbo Diesel
Heres a lovely c250 cdi we had in for a stage 1 dyno remap ,
Final figures where 250Bhp and 580Nm of torque.

Drives a million times better !

normanh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C205 c250d prem+ in white,19" alloys, brown artico leather interior
Heres a lovely c250 cdi we had in for a stage 1 dyno remap ,
Final figures where 250Bhp and 580Nm of torque.

Drives a million times better !

Is this a difficult job? I have been told that with the C/W205 you may have to drop the engine out as the ECU is not easily accessed

OP
Road Rage Performance

Road Rage Performance

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
John it made 204bhp 500nm in stock form . And the Ecu on these is very easy to reach , located on top of the air box they are a breeze to get to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
John it made 204bhp 500nm in stock form . And the Ecu on these is very easy to reach , located on top of the air box they are a breeze to get to

That’s a very decent gain then, nice one

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Can you do the same on a W212 E250 CDI? (2013 OM651 Engine) I've tried 3 different tuning boxes and a map and all of them gave a "rail pressure too low" fault.

The tuning boxes failed on any setting. The Map worked if i drove it like I stole it. But on normal driving with part throttle it would stutter and go into limp mode with the rail pressure fault. I gave up and had the map removed as i spent a fair bit having the car checked by mercedes and when on the stock map everything was well within factory tolerances. So I wasn't going to start replacing injectors, fuel pumps etc to try and find the 'issue'.

The mapping company was a reputable one too so wasn't as if it was some bloke who tried to flash the map in a layby :rolleyes:

At the moment I have the car down as one of those quirks that is unable to be tuned.

OP
Road Rage Performance

Road Rage Performance

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Can you do the same on a W212 E250 CDI? (2013 OM651 Engine) I've tried 3 different tuning boxes and a map and all of them gave a "rail pressure too low" fault.

The tuning boxes failed on any setting. The Map worked if i drove it like I stole it. But on normal driving with part throttle it would stutter and go into limp mode with the rail pressure fault. I gave up and had the map removed as i spent a fair bit having the car checked by mercedes and when on the stock map everything was well within factory tolerances. So I wasn't going to start replacing injectors, fuel pumps etc to try and find the 'issue'.

The mapping company was a reputable one too so wasn't as if it was some bloke who tried to flash the map in a layby :rolleyes:

At the moment I have the car down as one of those quirks that is unable to be tuned.

Hello Carl ,

These Ecus can be a bit fiddly when it comes to getting rail pressure correct . Not many people know how to tune them properly, we have seen this issue before and succeeded in working around it .

Tuning boxes are also a bit touch and go with these , they trick the Ecu into opening the injectors for longer and raise the boost but won’t necessarily raise fuel rail pressure , this is necessary to keep enough fuel in the rail to supply the injectors. The reason this does not show when the car is in stock form is because it’s only using stock fuelling settings . As soon as the car is using more fuel with a remap it needs raised rail pressure to keep it running well .

Inside the map itself is a fuel rail map that needs calibrating correctly, if this is done well then you shouldn’t be having issues.

Regards
Leon

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Thanks Leon.

I loosely understand how the tuning works as have always had my cars mapped at the very least and my vRS I spent circa £10k tuning it. But thanks for the more detailed info.

The map I had on the car worked fine for about 2 weeks. Then it just suddenly did a ‘computer says no’ one day and had issues from there on.

In fairness to the company they came to me, I demonstrated the problem, they tried a few different settings but it never solved it. So they put it back to stock and refunded me.

I may come and visit you once I’m back in the UK and see if you can work some magic on it.

Thanks again.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom