AMG performance seats

V8 rumble

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 2011 6.2
Hi everyone,

My first post. I currently have a late 2011 C63 Estate with PPP. A very lovely car in OB and red nappa. Owned car from new and have managed to persuade the wife that after 6.5 years it is time to replace it.

I feel extremely fortunate to be able to have ordered an E63S estate and as it will be post June 2018 build comes with most goodies previously extras as standard, such as sun roof, sports exhaust and 360 cameras etc. I have added HUD, upgraded alloys and one or two others. A production date has not yet been allocated yet as there is a shortage of AMG sports seats, so it is not too late to change things.

My question is what is your view of the AMG performance seats vs the AMG sports seats? There are some negative comments by car reviewers on YouTube, and the dealer recommended the sports seats rather than the performance seats. In my view the performance seats look great, but what are they like after a long drive and for every day driving. Anyone any experience of them ? At the moment my order has the no cost option of the sports seats.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
The configurator does not make it clear, but I assume AMG sports seats are just standard seats?

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
If the performance seats you are looking at are these things: -

E63s Seats.jpg

Then rest assure that, whilst looking firm and solid, they are extremely comfortable once set up correctly. I did a ~200 mile trip on Monday and felt totally fresh and relaxed when I got out of the car, unlike the last ones I had in the W212.

I believe that they're made by Recaro, who have a good idea when it comes to seat design. :)

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If the performance seats you are looking at are these things: -

View attachment 44044

Then rest assure that, whilst looking firm and solid, they are extremely comfortable once set up correctly. I did a ~200 mile trip on Monday and felt totally fresh and relaxed when I got out of the car, unlike the last ones I had in the W212.

I believe that they're made by Recaro, who have a good idea when it comes to seat design. :)

They look like the AMG Performance seats?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm assuming they are?

Ah yes, sorry, for some reason, I thought the OP wanted the sports seats over the performance seats.

OP
V8 rumble

V8 rumble

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 2011 6.2
Thank you for the feedback. Yes the AMG sports seats on the E63S are the alternative to the performance seats that Daveenty has pictured. I have been told they are specific to AMG models and would be standard on the E53 and maybe others. Reassuring that they remain confortable after 200 miles. If I get more comments I will finalise the choice.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
congrats on the new purchase , be sure to check the quality of the paintwork when you go to finally collect your new steed , there have been some issues with AMG cars in that area

Graveworm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG E63S 4Matic + Estate 2018
I have the same performance seats and also find them very comfortable. Longest I have driven is about 180 miles. I did the AMG training in their E63s which had the sports seats and did not think they were as supportive. The performance seats do mean that you can't have the full driving aids pack as part of that is linked to nudging the driver with the seats. They also don't come with map pockets in the back.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom