Centre Caps for my Alloys

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
The centre caps for my alloys are past their best, this was made glaringly obvious after my alloys were refurbed.

My big issue is whether to replace them like for like, blue Laurel leaves or to change them for Three Pointed Star type with a silver background? (Oh, first world problems, lol). :D

If I stay with the Laurel leaves it'll match my bonnet emblem and maintain the set so to speak, however, the Three Pointed Star with the silver background just has an elegant look to it and will match the refurbed alloys.

I can't make up my mind, my son suggested going with the Three Pointed Star with black background which will throw up the tyres and look cool too. Decisions, decisions :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Any thoughts, suggestions or opinions chaps and chapesses? :p

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A bit of a shameless plug, but I have a set of AMG EditionOne black matte centre caps for sale:

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/i...ne-centre-caps-matte-black-gloss-grey.169108/

EditionOne is the newer raised type of caps, and some (myself included) like them better than standard 'flat' ones.

42440090522_29c2795a58_o.jpg

Just to clarify, mine are aftermarket (although might be from the same manufacturer, who does the OEM ones), and at £16.50 delivered are a fraction of the cost from Mercedes (about £80).

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hmm.... not sure about these myself, it was my lads suggestion, I'll get him to do some 'shop work and see how they compare before making my mind up.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Actually for a blue car, you're probably better off with a set of blue laurel caps.

For the same reason I change the blue laurel bonnet badge, to the black one, on my black car ...

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My car's actually silver, hence the reason for looking at the silver type similar to yours. The blue Laurel leaf has a silver centre and highlight to the script.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
My car's actually silver, hence the reason for looking at the silver type similar to yours. The blue Laurel leaf has a silver centre and highlight to the script.

I think I would go for blue Jim. My car is black so I went for the black Laurel. With silver I think blue is the way to go :)

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
D'oh - I only saw the first line of your car description ha ha

Last edited:
OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
D'oh - I only saw the first line of you car description ha ha

Think it's time to change my Avatar to one of the car. :D

Done!

dreadlockdw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 500 cabriolet 2005; E280 1993
Personally I'd stay with factory fit style. Presumably someone has strained long and hard with the aesthetics?

That said I'm not clear if there actually have been factory "rules" over the years.

I think all AMG cars have stars rather than laurels? But then where does that leave "standard" cars with AMG trim and wheels?

And are the fancy "affalterbach" style (spelling?) factory fit or just aftermarket?

My 1993 W124 has stars, but older "flush fit" rather than "raised". I know this because the wrong ones were fitted and Mr OCD had to replace them...

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Stick with the blue laurel leaf centres, it’s the only bit of non silver on my otherwise all silver (colour coded) car, blue sits well with silver

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Get on eBay- sets are a tenner, treat yourself to both and you can have a summer/winter change :)

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
If you buy a cheap set off eBay treat them to an extra coat of clear lacquer before fitting they look good when bought but soon degrade because of the almost non existent finishing coat

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Go with the AMG Afalterbach ones , just to really pee off anyone who really has one :D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
And it’s ‘Affalterbach’ anyway - the ones you mention will certainly be fake Wighty :p

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
And it’s ‘Affalterbach’ anyway - the ones you mention will certainly be fake Wighty :p
Funny , I was thinking of you when I wrote it :D (Damn that predictive text :rolleyes:)

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Go with the AMG Afalterbach ones , just to really pee off anyone who really has one :D

Wicked Wighty, very wicked, lol. :D:D:D

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom