E400 Remap Massive gains !

Road Rage Performance

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W201 190D Super Turbo Diesel
Mercedes E400 Making MASSIVE POWER GAINS !

The Mercedes E400 houses a 3.5L Twin turbo V6 engine that is massively undertuned from the factoy.

In stock form these are quoted to produce 330Bhp and 354Ftlbs of torque but after inital dyno runs we found the car to me making a fair amount more torque at near 400ftlbs with the same horsepower .

Due to this being a relitively undeveloped engine in the tuning world we set to developing a stage one for this platform , after many hours of perfecting the software the final figure was

420Bhp and 530Ftlbs of torque.

Thats a whoppping 90Bhp and 130Ftlb gain over stock , even cosidering it was a 30 degree day at the workshop .

With some upgraded parts this could soon be a very good base for building a C63 Rival.

YOUTUBE VIDEO

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I'm not surprised by these gains, MB undertune a lot of their cars otherwise why would you buy a 6.2l V8 when a 3.5l V6 is just as fast or faster. The latest AMG's are 4.0l twin turbo's and sell for a premium price so why would MB tune a cheaper car to the same degree.

anglaslt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
LHD B63S Brabus (CL63 AMG based) and RHD BMW X3 M40i
Very impressive figures.

Probably the majority of C207 E400s have the M276 DELA 30 3.0 V6 engine developing the exact same 333 hp and 480 Nm (354 lb ft) of torque as the M276 DELA 35 3.5 V6 fitted during the last months of C207 E400 production. It's difficult to see why MB even bothered to change engines but the charging pressure for the twin turbos is reduced on the 3.5 V6.

Given that the 3.0 V6 has a higher charging pressure I'm interested to know if you would you still expect similar gains?

OP
Road Rage Performance

Road Rage Performance

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As far as im aware the 3.0l versions tune for an extra 80bhp , im yet to have one in yet

OP
Road Rage Performance

Road Rage Performance

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
According to the website 'howmanyleft.co.uk' there are only 800 of these 2015 3.5L models on the road So yeah quite rare, maybe ill hold out developing tuning parts for these Not enough of them around lol

anglaslt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
LHD B63S Brabus (CL63 AMG based) and RHD BMW X3 M40i
The 3.5L must be very rare.

It's difficult to say because although expected to change end 2014/early 2015 it seems as though a lot of 2015 and 16 cars were 3.0 V6s. Looking on Autotrader it appears that the dealers frankly don't know what they are either, advertising them as E400 3.5 but showing a 3.0 engine in the technical spec. :( I think if it's designated "AMG Sport Plus" it's 3.0 and if it's "AMG Line" it's 3.5, but I may be entirely wrong.

As I said earlier it's difficult to understand why MB even bothered. It doesn't make a lot of difference and I doubt anyone could tell the difference from driving them. Even more confusing, the current model E400 coupe has reverted to the 3.0 V6.

If it's a C207 I suspect the only foolproof way of knowing is to look at the V5c.

OP
Road Rage Performance

Road Rage Performance

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yeah I noticed most of these on autotrader are listed as 3.0L . This one was 2015 and shows up on the registration check as 3.5L . That’s the easiest way to tell because the engines look very similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin.cmi

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cls400
That's a very big increase in torque. I'm wondering if the gearbox can take it. Does anyone know the torque rating for the gearbox?

Bopo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDi AMG Night Premium Plus (Sept 2015) with GAD Tuning re-map. Definitely not double badged.
That's a very big increase in torque. I'm wondering if the gearbox can take it. Does anyone know the torque rating for the gearbox?

9G-tronic is apparently 516 lb ft. A bit worrying as my tune apparently gives 550 lb ft...

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
9G-tronic is apparently 516 lb ft. A bit worrying as my tune apparently gives 550 lb ft...

The torque rating is a continuous rating, not a peak.

Sparkleandflex

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
14 c450 4matic coupe 03c230k
Does anyone know the part number for the stock turbos and intercooler? I'm trying to figure out how much is the same as the de30 before i ramp up modding my de35.... Impossible to find any part numbers for the de35la.. from what I've gathered it's exactly the same head, injectors, pistons, etc... Minus intercooler, piping, possibly waterpump inlet (haven't verified this yet), and exhaust... Would be awesome if those turbos were untapped potential mb gave up on to meet emissions- the likely reason they dumped it for the de30..
I'm in love with the idea of 10psi boost over 26..
And yes I'm a mechanic, no need to tell me to just buy a de30.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom