dtuk pedalbox

gurdip

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 bluetech coupe
Has anybody fitted one of these to there Mercs, had it on my previous Insignia and was amazing.. Thinking of getting one for my c207 any thoughts?
Thanks

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Have it mapped properly, the cost difference is minor and the benefits are much greater. Tuning boxes are often just smoke and mirrors, dumping extra fuel in the to give you indication of extra power while fooling the ecu to think its normal

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Have it mapped properly, the cost difference is minor and the benefits are much greater. Tuning boxes are often just smoke and mirrors, dumping extra fuel in the to give you indication of extra power while fooling the ecu to think its normal
The pedal box he's talking about doesn't do anything g to power or performance. All it does is remap the pedal to change the way the fly by wire system reacts to pedal inputs.
They can also do this via a map. Personally I can't see the point, just reprogram your right foot - that cost nothing!

OP
G

gurdip

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 bluetech coupe
I had my previous car mapped. But once I installed the pedalbox it was amazing

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
i think youve answered your own question twice now tbh.

OP
G

gurdip

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 bluetech coupe
My question was has anybody fitted them to their mercedes/feedback.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
No, and it's all placebo factor. The performance of the car didn't change one jot, it was all in your expectations.

Not fitted one and wouldn't do so on general principles.

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Has anybody fitted one of these to there Mercs, had it on my previous Insignia and was amazing.. Thinking of getting one for my c207 any thoughts?
Thanks

Mercedes wise.........

Sprint booster >> https://www.sprintboostersales.com/How-It-Works.cfm
Pedal Box >> https://www.pedalbox.com/en/
Throttle box/Pedal commander >> https://www.pedalcommander.com/

The above are just a few I have come across, they simply shorten the pedal response so power comes on earlier.

QUESTION: How Does a Sprint Booster Work?

1. You plug it in then the Sprint Booster into your accelerator pedal module.

2. Your Sprint Booster Power Converter overrides your car's standard, factory drive-by-wire setting and increases the throttle response of your accelerator.

This provides a quicker response time and an increased 'Feeling of more Power."

Last edited:

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
The pedal box he's talking about doesn't do anything g to power or performance. All it does is remap the pedal to change the way the fly by wire system reacts to pedal inputs.
They can also do this via a map. Personally I can't see the point, just reprogram your right foot - that cost nothing!
Missed that it was a peddle box, i saw dtuk and box and wet strait to tuning box. Agree with you though Alistair not worth it in my mind

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500

when jacques villeneuve went to William's he said I can't drive this rubbish, change the pedal from that long travel joke to something sensible, they laughed, told him he was an idiot, and he won't be able to drive it if they change it to an on off switch as he was requesting....

after a series of terrible results, he got them to do as he asked, they couldn't understand how he didn't spin it everytime, but it should be noted he won the championship!

when you look at all the best drivers, its their ability to modulate the controls better than average humans that makes them winners (note Schumacher isn't on that list - he just cheated with Bernie's help)

cars with conventional slush box autos, all tend to have soggy move 2" more than needed throttles to get anything to happen. After a month you get your head round it, but I agree anything that improves it worth a try

Last edited:

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
actually, its a bit like stereo's and seats, Germans have zero understanding how to do it properly.

I remember my fathers W124 320 petrol with 5 speed auto, you literally needed some sort of hydraulic ram to get the thing to open past idle. totally ruined the car and made it super dangerous and awful to drive.

My 335d would go from rolling the wrong way down the drive (whilst reversing up) to wheel spinning towards the garage door with a change of throttle input of circa 1 thou, yet on the open road the throttle response was measures yards of movement and eons in response time

my S500's throttle response is also heavy, tardy and pathetic

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
After a month you get your head round it, but I agree anything that improves it worth a try

As I said - reprogram your right foot. Much cheaper. Or... Get a remap and have them map the throttle response and have the benefit of more power too.

Contrary to your experiences both myvSLs have very good throttle response - if anything the 230 is too sharp. The 210 is slower to respond but then it's half the power and near enough the same weight so hardly that surprising. Irrespective it's never caused an issue as I just adapt between the vehicles.

I'll also agree to disagree about Schumacher - undoubtedly the greatest driver we've ever seen.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I'll also agree to disagree about Schumacher - undoubtedly the greatest driver we've ever seen.

Ditto.

LH is doing so well because of MB dominance.

I am not denying his great talent but it begs the question "how well would he be doing if he was not in an MB".

Alonso - great driver......cr@p car....getting nowhere!

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
hard to know about Fangio and moss (too long ago before my time), but if we get to modern high power nutter stuff, you have Clark, Senna and Hamilton clearly light years in front of others

drop a few million rungs in to the realms of quite average and we get to a lot of german cheats like vettel and schumacher

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
hard to know about Fangio and moss (too long ago before my time), but if we get to modern high power nutter stuff, you have Clark, Senna and Hamilton clearly light years in front of others

drop a few million rungs in to the realms of quite average and we get to a lot of german cheats like vettel and schumacher

Of the current mob, Hamilton is winning because he has the best car. There is no question that in the modern era, it is all about the car. Hamilton is brilliant but put him in a Ferrari or Red Bull and he will not domonate.

Interesting phenomenon - when we lose the other side cheated.....

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom