Stereo Headunit

Ashley Lawrence

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI Classic Estate, 2004
Hi All,

Took out the head unit the other day to see what connections were on the back - turns out that he unit (although a MB unit) has a standard wiring loom with speaker wire going into the back of the head unit.

Makes it real easy to upgrade the head unit.

When I spoke to John at Class Cars, Sandwich, he found it odd that there was no fibre optic connector on the back.

Is this typical of this model E Class (2004 W211) ?

Andyn666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 W211 E320 CDI estate
Depends if you have the harman kardon amp, them it just sends the signal to the amp via fibre.

Andyn666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 W211 E320 CDI estate
No idea, I don't have the amp in mine, if it's the same as the sl, there is an amp next to every speaker, but I don't know if it's the same as the w211. If yours is standard wiring I doubt it'll have a separate amp.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom