Star system

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Hi all quick question can a star computer tell you what time a warning came up on the dash for instance a low coolant warning? Would it say time and date?
Thanks

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
unsure about star, but my icarsoft tells you the date since codes were last cleared.

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Reason I'm asking is a garage has sabotaged my car. I took it in for a Mot the car was working perfectly no problems. It needed a new ball joint as the mot guy as showing me the loose wheel there was fluid ****ing out the bottom of the car I said what's that he said oh don't worry iv just topped up the screen wash it will be that I said ok. Then I went to pick it up yesterday low coolant level since driving about 5 miles the tank has gone down by a inch. The car was fine before it went in.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
cars go wrong at any time

I doubt very much the MOT had anything to do with it.... they test 10 to 15 a day, the the percentage of ones they try to break must be far less than 0.1%

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
best thing to do is find out where this fluid is coming from . has the under belly got covers on ? is it possible they hit something changing the faulty ball joint ? maybe ask for a vosa form and contest the mot test if youre unhappy. by rights they would normally fail if insufficient screen wash , they dont fill up the washer bottle.

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
cars go wrong at any time

I doubt very much the MOT had anything to do with it.... they test 10 to 15 a day, the the percentage of ones they try to break must be far less than 0.1%
You don't know the garage I taken it too!! Since yesterday I found out there dodgy as hell by a family friend who used to work there. I had water replaced last year he told me they told him to fit a egr valve even know it wasn't faulty to get extra cash. ******s

thebiglad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 270 cdi
Before you get too close to the panic button Dean, can I just say one thing? IF the garage man topped up the coolant because he thought it needed it he might have put too much in, and then the engine has spit it out once up to temp. Mine did this when I first got it and it's not at all uncommon in other cars I've worked on.

Just keep an eye on the level of coolant and I think you'll find it will stabilise.

Last edited:

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Before you get too close to the panic button Dean, can I just say one thing? IF the garage man topped up the coolant because he thought it needed it he mighjt have put too much in, and then the engine has spit it out once up to temp. Mine did this when I first got it and it's not at all uncommon in other cars I've worked on.

Just keep an eye on the level of coolant and I think you'll find it will stabilise.

he said they topped up the screen wash not the coolant .

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
I wonder if he just said he topped something up to explain the water.
If it has got a leak, find out where it's from and if it looks like tool damage or normal wear.
If it has been physically damaged it's unlikely to have been intentional.

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
I have had my cousin (truck mechanic) to have a look today. On the way to work it used half a tank of coolant only a 9 mile trip. Then on the way home the same again. It's ****ing out the front of the engine just in front of the fan. He says its the waterpump. So at the same garage I only had it replaced in January this year. I played holy hell and if it is the pump they will replace for free as it's still in its 12 month warranty.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
fairly shambollock that they make a story up about filling the washer bottle, this potentially could of boiled your engine if youd gone on a longish journey .

Wot1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 E320 -648
Before you get too close to the panic button Dean, can I just say one thing? IF the garage man topped up the coolant because he thought it needed it he might have put too much in, and then the engine has spit it out once up to temp. Mine did this when I first got it and it's not at all uncommon in other cars I've worked on.

No definately would not spit it out unless it was fill to the neck, and then how do you account for it being under filled

Wot1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 E320 -648
When it was up in the air, the thing to do would be to stick your fingers in it, the feel of glycol and screen wash are totally different including the smell of it.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom