Is there any point in a 2 bucket wash if you do a long pre-clean?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Just over two months 'til the end of the year...but this is surely a contender for thread of the year?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Just over two months 'til the end of the year...but this is surely a contender for thread of the year?
Unless we hear from Calumcco soon I agree ;)

Msb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk500
Tbh an hour and a half to do a proper safe wash isnt excessive, most of the time by the time i’ve got everything out done prewash, a proper wash and doing wheels thoroughly etc then dried including door shuts and dressing tyres and finally packing up it is usually an hour and a half

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Tbh an hour and a half to do a proper safe wash isnt excessive, most of the time by the time i’ve got everything out done prewash, a proper wash and doing wheels thoroughly etc then dried including door shuts and dressing tyres and finally packing up it is usually an hour and a half
Yes but the hour and a half here is just the time the water is coming out of the "look at me my Kartcher is much more expensive than yours"

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
On step 1 it did seem odd to state the make and power of the washer, to the point of stating it's an industrial model.
Most people would just say step 1, jet wash for x minutes (x usually being singular even if it's not the super industrial model that dims the neighbours lights).

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I didn't see he injured back bit. I'd find a good detailer. I found near me that charges £20 to £40 depending on what is done.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
......and there’s the time writing the posts

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
So wheres Sub?
Hope he's OK and not offended at what anyone has said about the way he chooses (for whatever reason) to wash his car.
His car, his washer, his water.
Come on Sub, life's too short to get upset about what people think, if that is why you've gone quiet.
If I've said anything that's upset or annoyed you, please accept my apology. I can only speak for myself but I'm sure others are wondering why you've not replied.
Hope you're well mate.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
I have a jet washer (non industrial) to clean my other jet washer after cleaning the car with it. Do I need another jet washer to jet wash the secondary jet washer or am I safe using the now clean first jet washer (also non industrial) to clean it?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom