Engine shakes on acceleration

Cornel Lucas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250, 2013
Hi guys. After few weeks of visiting over 10 service shops and even the Mercedes dealer from my city, I finally decide to ask help online:). I will try making the story short and give the best details I can.
2 months ago I decided to do an ECU remapping on my ML250, year 2013, 116k km. The guy added some extra HP and torque and for the first 2 weeks the car felt amazing. More responsive, accelerate better. After this 2 weeks I noticed that the consumption increased with around 2-3 l/100km in normal driving mode comparing with was consuming before the remap. With the high consumption, start some small shakes when accelerating. From this small shakes, appeared more strong and more often. The car was accelerating very slow and the whole car was shaking like the engine was about to shut down( imagine the feeling of driving a manual car, and shifting from 1st gear to 4th). After that I didn't drive the car fro 2 weeks as I was on holidays, and when I came back the car stopped doing the big shakes but I'm still having constant small vibrations when accelerating, low power, and high consumption. Service done on time, good oil on it.

Any suggestion is appreciated:)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Some folks have had less than brilliant results with the 250 remap. My earnest suggestion is that I hope it can be reverted and your remapper has kept the original file....

OP
C

Cornel Lucas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250, 2013
Some folks have had less than brilliant results with the 250 remap. My earnest suggestion is that I hope it can be reverted and your remapper has kept the original file....
Hi John,

I asked the guy to put back the code, but needed to cut the DPF as is not on the car anymore. Also, on the local dealer, I asked them to update the software and they told me that no differences has shown. Also they told me that they can't flash the ECu and to add the factory settings. Any thoughts about this?

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom